Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Scottish Prem a step down from the J-League? Best no let @Mr. Alli heat you say that, no better than Scottish Championship level he said when we recruited from there 🤣

It absolutely is a step down. If you take away Ideguchi, the 3 players Celtic signed from the J League have all massively increased their goals and assists output from their time in Japan. Which would suggest they find it much easier playing in Scotland and stand out more in Scotland than they did in Japan.

Also, 2 of the 3 weren’t deemed good enough for Japan’s World Cup squad. Now I believe that the squad is chosen by a committee of c.10 people and have picked a number of players from Europe including the English Championship. Although they will never say, playing in Scotland probably didn’t help Furuhashi or Hatate.

In Scotland we can sometimes be a bit blinkered to leagues outside Europe, look at the treatment of Gauld by Clarke, however many of these leagues are now better than our own.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It absolutely is a step down. If you take away Ideguchi, the 3 players Celtic signed from the J League have all massively increased their goals and assists output from their time in Japan. Which would suggest they find it much easier playing in Scotland and stand out more in Scotland than they did in Japan.

In Japan, did they get to play for a side that spent many many multiples of what anyone else, bar one club, could?

I take your general point, but The imbalance in our game must certainly make it easier to apparently shine for an OF club than it would be elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In Japan, did they get to play for a side that spent many many multiples of what anyone else, bar one club, could?

I take your general point, but The imbalance in our game must certainly make it easier to apparently shine for an OF club than it would be elsewhere.

I agree but surely there is now also an imbalance in the Old Firm. Celtic winning the league this season (which they will) will mean they’ve won 11 from 12 and I expect them to rack up another 9 in a row at least.

There was an article last week which said since 2020, Celtics net spend on transfers is nearly £40m more than Rangers. 

There is absolutely an imbalance between the Old Firm and the rest but there is also a huge imbalance between Celtic and Rangers.

Both clubs are operating at different levels now.

I think over the next 5 seasons we’ll see total domination by Celtic who’ll win around 80%+ of all domestic trophies.

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree but surely there is now also an imbalance in the Old Firm. Celtic winning the league this season (which they will) will mean they’ve won 11 from 12 and I expect them to rack up another 9 in a row at least.

There was an article last week which said since 2020, Celtics net spend on transfers is nearly £40m more than Rangers. 

There is absolutely an imbalance between the Old Firm and the rest but there is also a huge imbalance between Celtic and Rangers.

I think over the next 5 seasons we’ll see total domination by Celtic who’ll win around 80%+ of all domestic trophies.

They're both the same thing as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You need to explain this one to me as our net spend (which in football means cost of transfers minus transfer fees recouped) since 19/20 believe it or not is around 4/5 million so really hard to have a net spend of 40 million higher than Rangers when our net spend is 10 times less than the differential you are suggesting

19/20 + 6/7 million profit - Tierney season

20/21 + 1/2 million profit

21/22 + 10/11 Million profit

22/23 - 21/22 million loss

I assume you mean gross spend however that’s a bit of a false measure since it doesn’t really tell the story of how well a club do business or are are you suggesting Rangers net transfer spend is around minus £35 million?

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You need to explain this one to me as our net spend (which in football means cost of transfers minus transfer fees recouped) since 19/20 believe it or not is around 4/5 million so really hard to have a net spend of 40 million higher than Rangers when our net spend is 10 times less than the differential you are suggesting

19/20 + 6/7 million profit - Tierney season

20/21 + 1/2 million profit

21/22 + 10/11 Million profit

22/23 - 21/22 million loss

I assume you mean gross spend however that’s a bit of a false measure since it doesn’t really tell the story of how well a club do business or are are you suggesting Rangers net transfer spend is around minus £35 million?

Here you go. I apologise it’s only the 21/22 and 22/23 seasons so effectively since Postecoglu took over. I mean net spend.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/great-celtic-rangers-transfer-study-28373342.amp

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Here you go. I apologise it’s only the 21/22 and 22/23 seasons so effectively since Postecoglu took over. I mean net spend.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/great-celtic-rangers-transfer-study-28373342.amp

Makes more sense now and further begs the question on the Rangers board just where the f**k is the money going?

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Makes more sense now and further begs the question on the Rangers board just where the f**k is the money going?

No idea, I’m sure it’ll be reported in their accounts (maybe not) but my point is there isn’t any competition in Scottish football anymore for Celtic. Effectively the leagues won on 06/11 and that’s early even for the SPL.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No idea, I’m sure it’ll be reported in their accounts (maybe not) but my point is there isn’t any competition in Scottish football anymore for Celtic. Effectively the leagues won on 06/11 and that’s early even for the SPL.

Mad to think they reportedly spend more on wages than us too by up to something around 17% - 20% depending on the source

Edited by Jinky67

PSV beat Ajax today.  Not so long ago Van Bronckhorsts side knocked them out of CL, weeks after guiding them to the Europa League final.  Add the Scottish Cup to this and compare his record with the previous ibrox managers since 2012.

Despite these money spinning achievements and selling a number of players for over £30m he has not been backed by their board.

I would suggest he is not the problem.