Rangers' Next Permanent Manager Thread - 2022/2023 Edition

Who will be Rangers next permanent manager?  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’ll surely he more ambitious than coming to the Scottish Premiership ?

They were mocking Celtic and Bodo just a season ago with the old wifi password patter. It would be incredibly ironic however and actually a really good appointment as he is a good coach but they won’t.

Kevin Muscat all the way

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They were mocking Celtic and Bodo just a season ago with the old wifi password patter. It would be incredibly ironic however and actually a really good appointment as he is a good coach but they won’t.

Kevin Muscat all the way

I have been impressed with Bodo whenever I have seen them. Them beating Celtic so easily was hardly a shock. They are a good well-drilled and organised side and would easily win the Scottish Premiership.

Though, admittedly, winning the Scottish Premiership is hardly a high bar when you look at how Scottish teams perform in Europe.

Edited by Richey Edwards

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Though, admittedly, winning the Scottish Premiership is hardly a high bar when you look at how Scottish teams perform in Europe.

The tabloid and Talk Sport narrative daan South, inflates the "achievement" of Celtic and/ or Rangers winning the league.

28 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The tabloid and Talk Sport narrative daan South, inflates the "achievement" of Celtic and/ or Rangers winning the league.

Yep. You have two teams with multiple times everyone elses budget. Any manager either arse cheek appoints would have to be an absolute diddy to not at the minimum make a decent fist of a title challenge with the resources available compared to the 10 other clubs.

7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yep. You have two teams with multiple times everyone elses budget. Any manager either arse cheek appoints would have to be an absolute diddy to not at the minimum make a decent fist of a title challenge with the resources available compared to the 10 other clubs.

So given he’s made an arse of it 2 years running is GVB a ‘pair of diddies’ ??

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Kevin Muscat all the way

Yes, Knutsen is a good coach bisect I think he’ll move to a better league than Scotland.

Muscat has had success very quickly in Australia and Japan albeit failed in Belgium. Would he want to step down from J League to Scottish Premiership ? I’m not so sure.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes, Knutsen is a good coach bisect I think he’ll move to a better league than Scotland.

Muscat has had success very quickly in Australia and Japan albeit failed in Belgium. Would he want to step down from J League to Scottish Premiership ? I’m not so sure.

Scottish Prem a step down from the J-League? Best no let @Mr. Alli heat you say that, no better than Scottish Championship level he said when we recruited from there 🤣

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Knutsen was (apparently reasonably credibly) linked with Aberdeen after Glass. If he was remotely interested in that gig I’m sure he’d listen to Rangers at least. Deila must have been a fairly hot prospect too when he went to Celtic.