Saints v Saintees 09/11/22

8 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Are St. Mirren’s throw-ins always as bad as last night? Surprised - I shouldn’t be - that none were given as foul throws. 

Historically, yes. This season, no.

Think the ball being slippery had an effect, there was a St. Johnstone player in first half it happened to twice in succession and he had a good laugh with the fans about it.

Also on the subject, I loved the St. Johnstone player whilst VAR was being checked, sitting on the barrier of the stand and having a quite friendly and amicable discussion with St. Mirren supporters over whether or not it was going to be given as a penalty. Dunno why I enjoyed it but it was good to see and not something that you see a lot.

57 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Historically, yes. This season, no.

Think the ball being slippery had an effect, there was a St. Johnstone player in first half it happened to twice in succession and he had a good laugh with the fans about it.

Also on the subject, I loved the St. Johnstone player whilst VAR was being checked, sitting on the barrier of the stand and having a quite friendly and amicable discussion with St. Mirren supporters over whether or not it was going to be given as a penalty. Dunno why I enjoyed it but it was good to see and not something that you see a lot.

Ryan McGowan’s a hero!

57 minutes ago, Center half said:

It was interesting watching how one of the "worst St Johnstone teams" in about 15 years were going to look like against the "Best Midden team in! Was it 30 years??.

I thought we came out of it not to bad with 10 men and a late equaliser!

I suppose we need to now get ready for a relegation struggle fight on Saturday against our fellow strugglers Motherwell who by all accounts are not having a outstanding season in their history either! So enjoy your elevated and great times because as we know they don't last for ever!   ENJOY IT.

Parklife!

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Are St. Mirren’s throw-ins always as bad as last night? Surprised - I shouldn’t be - that none were given as foul throws. 

I’ve noticed this about a lot of throw-ins from all teams the last couple of years - it’s as though the referees have been instructed to ignore them unless absolutely blatant

I thought it wasn't a bad game, especially considering the conditions.

Still a bit spewing to have thrown away two huge points so late but we were dicking around and I guess sometimes that comes back to bite you in the bum.

Still, unbeaten in seven home games is some doing and I still maintain that the game we did lose in Paisley on the opening weekend against Motherwell was actually one of our best performances of the season.

19 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Impossible to be any worse than 8th. We have 20 points from 14 games, yes it should be 22 but 20 is still our best start in 30 years at this level. We are two points off 3rd and yet you can't see progress ???

Your posts always suggest to me you are gagging to get on Robinsons back big time but so far results aren't allowing you to do that. 16 points from 14 games last season, 11 the season before. That is most definitely progress, quite considerable in my book.

ETA tonight was definitely on the players. Robinson spent the entire added time roaring for us to get up the park and hold the ball. Players seemed to decide they had done enough and got what they deserved.

Surely you're used to Lex's petulant child act.:lol:

If he doesn't get a manager that he likes, then he hounds them to eternity.

It's the exact opposite if likes the manager. E.g. Goodwin