Saints v Saintees 09/11/22

I can’t see Mitchell getting that overturned, as harsh as I think it was.

We were ok for the first 20 I thought but from then on we were very poor and created basically nothing. That said, St Mirren didn’t really have much clear cut either. I can’t imagine the conditions helped one bit.

We need to stop playing Brown at LWB at all costs. It kills us down that side and there’s no excuse for it at all.

Feeling that we'll rue those two dropped points by the end of the season.

You can moan about the time added on all you like but we need to be seeing that out. St. Johnstone offered nothing by way of threat in the second half, especially after going down to 10 and we just completely switched off and gave them the one sniff at goal they needed.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Five minutes was perfectly reasonable - there had been multiple subs, a lengthy VAR check, I think there was a physio on at one stage and St Mirren began time wasting as soon as they scored the second, which was absolutely fair enough.

It was also no surprise that there was additional time on that given there were two bookings for time wasting in injury time, the Tanser one being particularly idiotic given he had the ball at his feet to take a throw in and chose to chip it into the stand instead right in front of the ref.

I assume Bobby_F sits under the camera at St Mirren park and was the one who screamed “penalty” every single time the ball went in the box from our first goal onwards.

Maybe it’s because of what happened at Ross County on Saturday..

All of the things you mention that happened tonight happened in that game.  But they added on 3, and stopped on 3:05 as we were putting in a cross.

Ah well, these things happen.

Sublime finish for the equalizer, so fair play to Clark, the wee shite who I wrote off as a championship level striker when Saintees signed him. I'll keep my mouth shut in future. It was the only attack they had after going down to 10, I thought they would get what they deserved for trying to shitfest their way to a point, sadly not.

Still, now on 20 points, 8 clear of the relegation places and more than half way to safety, which is still the first objective for St Mirren. Now onto the easiest of this weeks games.

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Any St Johnstone fan not think the ref was guaranteed to blow for full time on 5:45s when your keeper kicked the ball up the park?

The number of games where you see goal keepers take 30s over a goal kick, sometimes twice, during added on time - and the ref almost always stops dead on the added time.

Enjoy your beyond last minute winner by all means, but hopefully you’re able to admit the referee was super helpful to you.

Oh, absolutely! After that passback and launch I was waiting for the whistle. 

Odd game. A lot more of the ball then recent games- thought Hallberg was good in that aspect- but a lack of threat without May. Cannot keep Brown at LWB - its madness outside the odd occasion against the OF. Didn't think McLennan offered a lot and Murphy wasn't in the game enough. On the other hand, thought unlucky to lose two goals with the chances St.Mirren made and only found ourselves behind due to a wonder strike. 

Carrying a threat with the strikers we have though. A goal out of absolutely nothing; a great finish.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

You can moan about the time added on all you like but we need to be seeing that out. St. Johnstone offered nothing by way of threat in the second half, especially after going down to 10 and we just completely switched off and gave them the one sniff at goal they needed.

I know we should have played to the whistle, but Saints players looked like they’d almost stopped when the keeper punted the ball forward.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

5 mins went up on the board and we're trying to run down the clock in the corner. We had an extra man and should've been able to keep possession. Really poor game management. 

Think we got what we deserved there, we didn’t do enough second half to win that. Against ten men even when ahead we should be pressing high and going for the killer third. We didn’t, we sat deep, time wasted and invited pressure and got what was coming. Thought taking Main off for Joe when the second went in was a ridiculous sub tbh, the manager got it wrong, again.
Yet another disappointing result and performance, with Rangers at the weekend it looks like we will be going into the World Cup on a bad run and sitting in 8th. Are we progressing? Can’t see it personally.

7 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

See a few, still not convinced 🖖

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Pretty soft IMO.No intent and simple a follow through.Anyway justice was done

You got a last second winner, why do you need to do wind ups as well.

Just enjoy it.

This is what I mentioned at the time, blatant handball 15 seconds before the penalty incident. Yes, it's a penalty but had the Ref been even halfway towards competent he would have given the handball against the Saintees player and free kick to us.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Think we got what we deserved there, we didn’t do enough second half to win that. Against ten men even when ahead we should be pressing high and going for the killer third. We didn’t, we sat deep, time wasted and invited pressure and got what was coming. Thought taking Main off for Joe when the second went in was a ridiculous sub tbh, the manager got it wrong, again.
Yet another disappointing result and performance, with Rangers at the weekend it looks like we will be going into the World Cup on a bad run and sitting in 8th or 9th. Are we progressing? Can’t see it personally.
Impossible to be any worse than 8th. We have 20 points from 14 games, yes it should be 22 but 20 is still our best start in 30 years at this level. We are two points off 3rd and yet you can't see progress ???

Your posts always suggest to me you are gagging to get on Robinsons back big time but so far results aren't allowing you to do that. 16 points from 14 games last season, 11 the season before. That is most definitely progress, quite considerable in my book.

ETA tonight was definitely on the players. Robinson spent the entire added time roaring for us to get up the park and hold the ball. Players seemed to decide they had done enough and got what they deserved.