Saints v Saintees 09/11/22

14 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Scottish football eh.

Saturday in Dingwall, we’re 3-2 down. RC have been wasting time for the whole of the last 40 minutes of the second half.  6 subs.  RC players 4 times clearly kicking the ball away - no yellows.

They add on 3 minutes. Ref stops play with Saints about to cross the ball in to the box at 3:05.

Today, for some reason they add on FIVE.  I was expecting 4 max.  During that time, two minor bits of time wasting - taking up 10 seconds.  Both get yellow cards.  Then he decides for that he adds on ANOTHER minute.

I’d have been raging about that WITHOUT the equaliser.

Actual tears….

Sorry, 😒 but wasn’t a red imo , so eeksy peeeksy 

Hopeless game management. Robinson shouldn’t have gone so defensive after we went 2-1 up. It was our 3 strikers against St Johnstone 3 at the back, brought that on ourselves as we had them pinned back. Also Tanser has the most pathetic throw I’ve seen, can’t throw it the length of himself - Robinson should never be calling on him to take a throw again.

Two excellent goals in the second half. 

Is there any need for an on-field referee if they aren’t going to give any decisions until the tele tells them what to do? Hope their ludicrous fee is vastly reduce as they do half a job now. 

Any St Johnstone fan not think the ref was guaranteed to blow for full time on 5:45s when your keeper kicked the ball up the park?

The number of games where you see goal keepers take 30s over a goal kick, sometimes twice, during added on time - and the ref almost always stops dead on the added time.

Enjoy your beyond last minute winner by all means, but hopefully you’re able to admit the referee was super helpful to you.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Any St Johnstone fan not think the ref was guaranteed to blow for full time on 5:45s when your keeper kicked the ball up the park?

The number of games where you see goal keepers take 30s over a goal kick, sometimes twice, during added on time - and the ref almost always stops dead on the added time.

Enjoy your beyond last minute winner by all means, but hopefully you’re able to admit the referee was super helpful to you.

Five minutes was perfectly reasonable - there had been multiple subs, a lengthy VAR check, I think there was a physio on at one stage and St Mirren began time wasting as soon as they scored the second, which was absolutely fair enough.

It was also no surprise that there was additional time on that given there were two bookings for time wasting in injury time, the Tanser one being particularly idiotic given he had the ball at his feet to take a throw in and chose to chip it into the stand instead right in front of the ref.

I assume Bobby_F sits under the camera at St Mirren park and was the one who screamed “penalty” every single time the ball went in the box from our first goal onwards.

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

It’s wins ball, foot hits ground, bounced up catches the man,no intent whatsoever 

Behave. He clearly makes two motions, there's not a bouncing foot there.

Edited by djchapsticks