Saints v Saintees 09/11/22

1 minute ago, thomas said:

Am I right in thinking if St Johnstone had scored rather than the penalty incident it would have been dragged back and chopped off by a VAR check for that handball?

This is what I don't get. How do they decide this shite? The var official's only job is checking this stuff. 

It was a clear penalty under the current rules, but why does only that handball count? It's absolute lunacy.

Just now, houston_bud said:

It would have been checked. Gallagher looked pretty adamant but I didn't really see it 

Looked a clear handball from where i am with a pretty clear view, tbh my point is more how stupid and inconsistent the rules are.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

This is what I don't get. How do they decide this shite? The var official's only job is checking this stuff. 

It was a clear penalty under the current rules, but why does only that handball count? It's absolute lunacy.

But it would have counted if they scored, the rules are an absolute clusterfuck.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Studs were showing but will need to see it again.

He wins the ball and his momentum takes him up as he tries to slow down, he’s high, but it’s not out of control and forceful. The moment it went to VAR referee was never not changing his mind. 

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Studs were showing but will need to see it again.

He’s slid in and made the ball miles before he gets to the man. He basically plays a pass on the slide and his foot bounces off the turf into the shin of the St Mirren player. There’s no intent whatsoever and he was completely in control initially, albeit I’m not sure he knew much about what happened after he played the ball. The connection was undoubtedly high but it seems very harsh to say that’s a red.

The angle VAR used makes it look like a red, as it looks like he flicks his foot up.

Other angle VAR didnt use makes it look like its not a red.

Probably not the weather to be sliding into tackles like that, at that area of the pitch, maybe.

We've offered nothing this half so at least helps us decide what to do, and that's likely to try and shitfest a point.