Saints v Saintees 09/11/22

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

Who was it that crossed it for your first goal in Perth against us a few weeks ago?
Him’

That's his one assist a season.

Even then it was one of those secondary assists.

Edited by The Saintee

I mean that shouldn’t even have needed VAR to have been given, how the referee didn’t see it immediately is even more bizarre. 

Edit - I should say that I’m not sure it should be a penalty ever, but under the new rules and the recent awards it is.  

Edited by Widge

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

When is a handball not a handball? Apparently when it happens outside the box. Absolutely no difference when Gallagher blasted the ball off the arm of the Saintees player a minute earlier.

It was a yard inside the area and a blatant handball.

Genuinely no idea how anyone can complain about it, the worst part was the officials not giving it in the first place.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was a yard inside the area and a blatant handball.

Genuinely no idea how anyone can complain about it, the worst part was the officials not giving it in the first place.

Gallagher blasted the ball off the Saintees players  arm in the build up to the goal...an equally blatant handball lbut it should have been. If the Ref gives that there's no penalty.

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Gallagher blasted the ball off the Saintees players  arm in the build up to the goal...an equally blatant handball lbut it should have been. If the Ref gives that there's no penalty.

Tansers arm couldn’t have been further away from his body if he tried. Under any handball rule that’s a penalty. How it took VAR so long again to give is a mystery.

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

Baccus is injured.
Far from convinced that Kiltie is an able replacement for Baccus. Midfield looks extremely powderpuff. would rather have seen Gogic in there.
Good to see Greive alongside Main. This is his chance to show that he can make an impact from the start.
[emoji849]

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Tansers arm couldn’t have been further away from his body if he tried. Under any handball rule that’s a penalty. How it took VAR so long again to give is a mystery.

You've missed his point. That there was a handball from a St Johnstone player in the build up that wasn't given. If St Johnstone score, that gets reviewed. Instead the review is only of Tanser's.

HT 1-1
About right probably. Hasn’t been much between the sides or much quality in the game, the penalty was one and the VAR delay was needless.
Kiltie’s certainly been our best player and it was no surprise when he stuck that in the net, lovely finish from a quality player who’s been very under used this season. His technical ability means he offers us something much different from the usual starting three.
Anyone could win this, but it will probably finish a draw.

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

When is a handball not a handball? Apparently when it happens outside the box. Absolutely no difference when Gallagher blasted the ball off the arm of the Saintees player a minute earlier.

Am I right in thinking if St Johnstone had scored rather than the penalty incident it would have been dragged back and chopped off by a VAR check for that handball?

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Google has us at 66% possession and 257 passes completed to the Fuddies 128, is that bullshit or what?

Early on we were knocking the ball about really nicely. That deteriorated with the weather as the half wore on.

I don’t get the argument from anyone that that’s not a penalty. His arm is miles away from his body and it prevents the cross coming in. How it wasn’t noticed straight away and why it took so long to award is beyond me.

Just now, thomas said:

Am I right in thinking if St Johnstone had scored rather than the penalty incident it would have been dragged back and chopped off by a VAR check for that handball?

It would have been checked. Gallagher looked pretty adamant but I didn't really see it