Dundee V Raith Rovers

13 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Irrelevant hubris.

I wonder what kind of fuds accept your company.

13 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

They were so piss poor that it was a reasonable to assume that it was a Dundee production.

10 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

That'll be "I agree and disagree" then... 🙄

10 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Is that the only response you lot can parrot?

Salty as f**k 😂

Was impressed with Raith in first half hour, knocked it about really well and were probably the best opposition we've played at Dens this season during that time despite the fact they never had a shot at goal. 

The two enforced injuries in the first half changed the game for us. Thought Byrne was excellent on his return. Williamson looked to be his usual ineffective self during his time on the park in the first half but something was either added to his HT cuppa or Bowyer gave him a big kick in the arse cause I thought his 2nd half performance was his best for us so far. If the laddie plays like that every week then he can be a big help to the squad.

Only disappointment was we never got the 3rd goal we probably deserved as we ran out comfortable winners in the end. I'm still not convinced we've turned the corner but there's much more optimism than there was a few weeks ago.

Decent away support from Raith but as always I get a laugh at the opposition chanting 'what a shitey home support' when they'd be creaming themselves to get near 4500 home fans. The fact that the Dees continue to turn up in decent numbers after decades of mediocrity is testament to their loyalty

Edited by ScottyDee1893

46 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Was impressed with Raith in first half hour, knocked it about really well and were probably the best opposition we've played at Dens this season during that time despite the fact they never had a shot at goal. 

The two enforced injuries in the first half changed the game for us. Thought Byrne was excellent on his return. Williamson looked to be his usual ineffective self during his time on the park in the first half but something was either added to his HT cuppa or Bowyer gave him a big kick in the arse cause I thought his 2nd half performance was his best for us so far. If the laddie plays like that every week then he can be a big help to the squad.

Only disappointment was we never got the 3rd goal we probably deserved as we ran out comfortable winners in the end. I'm still not convinced we've turned the corner but there's much more optimism than there was a few weeks ago.

Decent away support from Raith but as always I get a laugh at the opposition chanting 'what a shitey home support' when they'd be creaming themselves to get near 4500 home fans. The fact that the Dees continue to turn up in decent numbers after decades of mediocrity is testament to their loyalty

Agree with pretty much all of this but the team I've been most impressed with in terms of passing and speed etc was Queens Park at home. 

Aside from a few of their fans being total roasters over the past week, I like Raith and always have. No matter who is in charge they seem to always want to play exciting, good football and I always like to see them do well, so long as it's not at the expense of us...

23 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The highlights on the Rovers website were filmed by RaithTV.

The Raith TV edit shuffled the first half around. Look at the sun -  it's bright, then the sun has set, then it's shining brightly again.  Ben Williamson appears in two moves before Max Anderson's last appearance, even though Ben replaced Max.
The last action of the half in the Raith edit was Robinson hitting both posts, which actually happened after 22 minutes. This offends an old school pedant like me.
Given the current interpretation of the handball law the penalty looked a reasonable decision, as I thought at the time. I have my doubts about that interpretation, but the ref was always going to give it if he had a clear view. The booking was ridiculous, however.

Swithered about heading up but the wife has went radge with the Christmas shopping so it was a day in with a dodgy livestream*. As Dundee fans have alluded to we looked not bad in the 1st half, performance wise, however created zilch. 2nd half we were woeful. No complaints with the penalty and the 2nd goal effectively killed the game off. 741 away fans is decent for us especially when you factor in the cost of a ticket and this time of year, kudos to all who travelled up. Pity, if the reports are true, that the Young Team were looking for aggro, too many sherbets by the sounds of it. Honestly think the only time I've seen us win at Dens was the Scottish Cup game all those years ago. Even at old Dens I think the only positive result I seen was a 1-1 draw in the pishing rain. Think we ended up pointing and slagging the Rovers fans in the main stand who were lucky enough to have cover that day.

*when I say dodgy livestream I mean as in the football match. You perverts.