Dundee V Raith Rovers

No complaints at result. Decent first 20 minutes then we faded away to nothing. Second half we were just awful. Back to not tackling in midfield, allowing too much space and rarely winning a header. Robinson played well and caused us a lot of trouble. Our main option was Connell which sums up the difference. Had hoped we’d do something today but we looked well short quality wise. Get the attacking options sorted and we could challenge for a play off. 

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Did Lawlor have a save to make? I don't think so.

We are a far superior side to that bunch from fife, that's it in a nutshell.

There is no argument.

Thank you.

Lawlor did make a good stop near the end. Apart from that and a (McGhee or Ashcroft?) sliding block there weren’t many chances for Raith.

Congrats to @baillieinleeds for being the most raging poster post-match I've seen in a good wee bit!

As for the game, Raith certainly looked one of the best and fluid sides I'd seen at Dens this season in the 1st half, but as soon they gave away a penalty (a blatant penalty at that, my apologies to @Raith_Raver for getting the wrong idea on that) Raith completely fell out of it.

I won't lie, once that big Faroese lad came on and we got through the corner gauntlet immediately after I was as chill as possible, as Raith's only 'strategy' was to get the ball as close to his head as possible. Certainly wasn't a worry when the ball was at his feet, that's for sure.

If it wasn't for last week I'd say that was our best half all season, god knows why we can't get things going in the first half though. It was certainly the best striker performance I've seen in a good while from Robinson though, absolutely dominant. Three points against Accies next week and we're sitting much prettier than you'd have believed at 4PM last week.

25 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

f**k you, I got in for nothing.

Hope you enjoyed the game!

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I won't lie, once that big Faroese lad came on and we got through the corner gauntlet immediately after I was as chill as possible, as Raith's only 'strategy' was to get the ball as close to his head as possible. Certainly wasn't a worry when the ball was at his feet, that's for sure.

I met the Dundee scout at Arbroath, he said the same thing. Didn't think he had anything that would worry the opposition at all. 

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Congrats to @baillieinleeds for being the most raging poster post-match I've seen in a good wee bit!

As for the game, Raith certainly looked one of the best and fluid sides I'd seen at Dens this season in the 1st half, but as soon they gave away a penalty (a blatant penalty at that, my apologies to @Raith_Raver for getting the wrong idea on that) Raith completely fell out of it.

If it wasn't for last week I'd say that was our best half all season, god knows why we can't get things going in the first half though. It was certainly the best striker performance I've seen in a good while from Robinson though, absolutely dominant. Three points against Accies next week and we're sitting much prettier than you'd have believed at 4PM last week.

Hope you enjoyed the game!

Calm yer tits hen

Fkn hell a proper win, no fight backs from playing shite and losing a couple of goals. I thought Robinson was a decent player from when he started playing - tactically aware, confident on the ball - and is improving as the season goes on. 

Whatever happened to the young lad from Spurs at CB that left us after picking up an injury? Really decent young player. 

Edited by rainbowrising

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

father ted reaction s GIF

13 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Jocky Wilson, linoleum and 3 points every time we meet.

Kirkcaldy Rovers - thank you.

14 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Jocky Wilson, linoleum and 3 points every time we meet.

Kirkcaldy Rovers - thank you.

Yea right. I bet you were sat on the edge of yer chair watching the legendary Jocky Wilson. What a liar!!!