Dundee V Raith Rovers

6 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

A shame the ticket nonsense (pricing and hoops) will inevitably take a bit of the away crowd. 

Got my ticket though and really looking forward to it. What pubs are the Rovers fans thinking about pre game?

imagine getting your ticket by Wednesday evening. 

What a nonsense, eh?

Thank you. 

On 07/11/2022 at 15:18, K.T said:

Here is the question and response from John Nelms to Dundee fans back in March 

- Ticketing is very dated with problems purchasing tickets, are any plans in place to update to a modern system.

JN - We actually have the most up-to-date system but we are limited by the lack of WIFI in the stadium and there will not be an upgrade to the current system whilst we remain at Dens Park. Fully functioning ticketing systems will be part of the move to the new stadium.

So fans just have to be patient and wait until the new stadium is ready? Happy days. That’ll be here in next to no time.

imagine getting your ticket by Wednesday evening. 
What a nonsense, eh?
Thank you. 

Imagine not being sure if you have to work on Saturday, or waiting to see what the weather is like, or if you’ve recovered from the cold you’ve got that means you don’t want to sit outside for two hours, or not knowing if the kids want to come with you or any of the other myriad reasons why you might not be able to commit to the archaic process of posting a ticket out 5 days in advance.

I mean you used to be able to rock up to Dens and pay at the gate 30years ago so why not now?
Or do what some other clubs did until recently and have a wee portacabin where you can buy your ticket and then go to the turnstile with it.

Nelms has given some nonsense reason why you do it but to defend it when literally every other club in the division does it better seems a bit daft.

19 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Good to Dundee moving in to the 19th Century with operating a pay at the gate option!
I don’t see why this couldn’t just be the option, if they’re not operating an online/qr ticketing system.

a9b2cf4a949ee9a4df68b58da0706e29.jpg

So all the moaning was, yet again, for nothing? 

Deary me.

7 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

All the moaning probably played a part in your club seeing sense in the end.

I doubt it did to be honest. I would hazard a guess that Dundee would hold on until they get a track on ticket sales and Raith's anticipated away turnout before justifying an outlay for the club and putting someone on the turnstiles. 

All of that aside, for those that find it difficult to advance plan their lives, there is a pay at the gate option. Get on with it lads.

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Imagine not being sure if you have to work on Saturday, or waiting to see what the weather is like, or if you’ve recovered from the cold you’ve got that means you don’t want to sit outside for two hours, or not knowing if the kids want to come with you or any of the other myriad reasons why you might not be able to commit to the archaic process of posting a ticket out 5 days in advance.

I mean you used to be able to rock up to Dens and pay at the gate 30years ago so why not now?
Or do what some other clubs did until recently and have a wee portacabin where you can buy your ticket and then go to the turnstile with it.

Nelms has given some nonsense reason why you do it but to defend it when literally every other club in the division does it better seems a bit daft.

What the f**k are you going on about you slavering little hyena.

I said on Monday there would be a cash gate as we've done many times this season for away fans.

Utter morons still couldn't resist harping on about the situation. Total diddies.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

What the f**k are you going on about you slavering little hyena.

I said on Monday there would be a cash gate as we've done many times this season for away fans.

Utter morons still couldn't resist harping on about the situation. Total diddies.

Thank you.

Thank you 

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Good to Dundee moving in to the 19th Century with operating a pay at the gate option!
I don’t see why this couldn’t just be the option, if they’re not operating an online/qr ticketing system.

a9b2cf4a949ee9a4df68b58da0706e29.jpg

I'm going old fashioned; I'm paying with jam jars.

20 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm going old fashioned; I'm paying with jam jars.

Did find this amusing…

Notes:

In England and Wales the £5, £10, £20 and £50 notes are legal tender for payment of any amount. However, they are not legal tender in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Coins:

Coins are legal tender throughout the United Kingdom for the following amount:

£100 - for any amount

£50 - for any amount

£20 - for any amount

£5 (Crown) - for any amount

£2 - for any amount

£1 - for any amount

50p - for any amount not exceeding £10

25p (Crown) - for any amount not exceeding £10

20p - for any amount not exceeding £10

10p - for any amount not exceeding £5