Dundee V Raith Rovers

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The official line is, that because we are moving to a new stadium, we don't want to spend money on putting the infrastructure in place at Dens.

Or something like that.

Thanks. It’s not a massive issue for someone who really wants to go to the game. I’ll get a ticket this week and get the train up, but I’d be amazed if that situation hasn’t affected the overall away supports at Dens this season. If you’re someone who is on the fence about going, the thought of having to buy a ticket and get it posted out to your home alongside it being the most expensive day out in the league is probably enough to make you say, “I won’t bother this week”. I understand the conjecture about it being easy enough to do - it is not a massive problem - but it’s extra steps that no other club makes you do and folk will ultimately use that as an excuse not to go who would quite happily attend other away days. 

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Thanks. It’s not a massive issue for someone who really wants to go to the game. I’ll get a ticket this week and get the train up, but I’d be amazed if that situation hasn’t affected the overall away supports at Dens this season. If you’re someone who is on the fence about going, the thought of having to buy a ticket and get it posted out to your home alongside it being the most expensive day out in the league is probably enough to make you say, “I won’t bother this week”. I understand the conjecture about it being easy enough to do - it is not a massive problem - but it’s extra steps that no other club makes you do and folk will ultimately use that as an excuse not to go who would quite happily attend other away days. 

Excellent, all the better for us. The smaller the away support the better. Not as if we expect anything else in this league.

At no point in reading that did I give the singlest of shits and pretty sure the majority will be the same.

Enjoy your day out.

Thank You.

Like most Dundee fans I have no idea what to expect from us here. 

I want to believe that the determination we showed to get a win from 2-0 down last Satuday is a turning point for us but that depends on whether Bowyer has realised that Grayson and Mcghee in the middle doesn't work. 

I'm going to go for a tight 2-1 win.

4 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Excellent, all the better for us. The smaller the away support the better. Not as if we expect anything else in this league.

At no point in reading that did I give the singlest of shits and pretty sure the majority will be the same.

Enjoy your day out.

Thank You.

You are trying way too hard 😂

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It does seem a bit mad. Most clubs have managed to adapt to electronic ticketing so you would think Dundee could manage it. Not sure what ‘infrastructure’ is preventing them from doing this.

Either way, I’ll not be attending. Don’t even have the birthday party excuse. I just can’t be arsed.

Thank you.

Edited by Scary Bear

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It does seem a bit mad. Most clubs have managed to adapt to electronic ticketing so you would think Dundee could manage it. Not sure what ‘infrastructure’ is preventing them from doing this.

Either way, I’ll not be attending. Don’t even have the birthday party excuse. I just can’t be arsed.

Thank you.

Here is the question and response from John Nelms to Dundee fans back in March 

- Ticketing is very dated with problems purchasing tickets, are any plans in place to update to a modern system.

JN - We actually have the most up-to-date system but we are limited by the lack of WIFI in the stadium and there will not be an upgrade to the current system whilst we remain at Dens Park. Fully functioning ticketing systems will be part of the move to the new stadium.

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

So that fucking diddies like you spend your Monday lunchtime thumping your talons onto the keyboard in anger.

Well worth it IMO.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

See you on Platform 3, cunto.

Dundee pond life.

Talking of ponds, you thought you'd be big fish down here with the minnows. How does your face off with reality feel?

42 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It's particularly ridiculous as an online ticketing system does not in any way hinge on infrastructure, and since the club has moved its base of operations to Gardyne Campus instead of Dens takes away the old WiFi issue they would spout.

22 minutes ago, K.T said:

JN - We actually have the most up-to-date system but we are limited by the lack of WIFI in the stadium and there will not be an upgrade to the current system whilst we remain at Dens Park. Fully functioning ticketing systems will be part of the move to the new stadium.

I feel it's a very American trait to ignore the little practicalities in favour of the big picture. It's probably their own bizarre way of trying to gaslight uncertain folk into backing the stadium by claiming it's only viable there, which is nonsense.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Thank you.

Same here, might be more arsed later in the week, we'll see.

10 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Same here, might be more arsed later in the week, we'll see.

Hopefully the Raith squad show the same levels of passion, determination and enthusiasm at Dens on Saturday.

Should be a more comfortable win than I already expect.

Thank you.