Dundee V Raith Rovers

After last January I don’t think our board should be allowed another January transfer window. 

I can think of a couple of guys that fit your profile that you could go for.
What an horrendous period. What were those loons thinking?

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I can think of a couple of guys that fit your profile that you could go for.
What an horrendous period. What were those loons thinking?

Wondering who you are thinking of, since, to be honest, I think IM is pretty happy with his current squad. I suspect he might think our current squad is a wee bit fat.

I think the transfer window will be about trying to hold onto what we have loans and all. 

Short of a serious injury I think Murray is quite content with what he has and he's worked wonders to get them to where he has. 

54 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Wondering who you are thinking of, since, to be honest, I think IM is pretty happy with his current squad. I suspect he might think our current squad is a wee bit fat.

Who’s the club chef?

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think the transfer window will be about trying to hold onto what we have loans and all. 

Short of a serious injury I think Murray is quite content with what he has and he's worked wonders to get them to where he has. 

Yes. With Vaughan back and Lang and Gullan back soon we have a strong squad. There are only the loanees  - He will want to extend O'Riordan's and Ngwenya's loans. Connell's loan ends along with his Killie contract - I wouldn't be surprised either way if he's kept or offloaded. We're looking good.

We've only beaten the bottom 2 sides away from home, so this a test.  Our performances have been absolutely fine, but its much harder to play the pressing game that has worked so well, away from home.  

I dont think we have the quality up front to "snatch" wins, we tend to create a load of chances for the goals that end up being scored, and we won't get those at Dens Park, to that degree. Still think we are a genuine quality striker away from being title contenders.  A win on Sat would have my convincing the entire train otherwise, however!

8 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Almost scored an own goal with his first touch and hasn't done anything of note since.

To be fair, he almost scored in the right goal too in that game with Cove. If he actually gets a run of games we might see what he’s like.

Connell has a cracking long throw but he doesn’t score many either.

Just as well we have Aidan Connolly and Sam Stanton who are both in great form and who provide a goal threat.

Same team who turned it around on Saturday must be given the chance to prove themselves again. Anything else barring knocks/injuries would be baffling.

Accies and Cove at home coming up so a win here would put us in a strong position. It definitely is in the must not lose category though. 

Confident we can win if the right team is chosen. Looking for Anderson to back up his Partick performance from the start as he's been really poor for a while.

The desperate change in formation at half time on Saturday has maybe been the catalyst we need. With Rudden and Robinson up top with McMullen creating in behind with Anderson the isolation of the striker that has hampered our season was completely wiped out.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Should be an interesting game. A few weeks back I felt Dundee would be the main beneficiaries of the league being so tight. It seems like you've been far from spectacular but nobody will care if you're on top at the end. 

I'd hope we keep the same line up as the last few weeks. The midfield are working well and Connell has some positive attributes even if its not going to get 20 goals a season.

13 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Accies and Cove at home coming up so a win here would put us in a strong position. It definitely is in the must not lose category though. 

We don't play Cove at home until middle of December, Raith and Hamilton are next two home games over the next two weekends...

I think I’ll head to the game on Saturday and pay in at the gate. Or maybe I could buy one online, as I can for every other team in the league? Perhaps I could buy a ticket from the office at the stadium in Dundee? No, I’ll need to call the office and get a £24 ticket put in an envelope and posted to my house, or drive to Kirkcaldy to buy a ticket during the office open hours. 

Seriously though, why are Dundee making it as hard as this to buy a ticket? Why are none of the usual, widely used methods not being offered? What’s the issue?

Edited by Hank Scorpio

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

We don't play Cove at home until middle of December, Raith and Hamilton are next two home games over the next two weekends...

Raith H

Hamilton H

Inverness A

Cove H

I'd say two out of the next four games would qualify as 'coming up'. Hence why a win against Raith would put us in a good position with 'weaker' opposition at home to come.

Need any further elaboration?

Thank you.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I think I’ll head to the game on Saturday and pay in at the gate. Or maybe I could buy one online, as I can for every other team in the league? Perhaps I could buy a ticket from the office at the stadium? No, I’ll need to call the office and get a £24 ticket put in an envelope and posted to my house, or drive to Kirkcaldy to buy a ticket during the office open hours. 

Seriously though, why are Dundee making it as hard as this to buy a ticket? Why are none of the usual, widely used methods not being offered? What’s the issue?

So that fucking diddies like you spend your Monday lunchtime thumping your talons onto the keyboard in anger.

Well worth it IMO. 

As it is there will probably be PATG on the day so shut the f**k up and get yourself to Dens.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

We've only beaten the bottom 2 sides away from home, so this a test.  Our performances have been absolutely fine, but its much harder to play the pressing game that has worked so well, away from home.  

I dont think we have the quality up front to "snatch" wins, we tend to create a load of chances for the goals that end up being scored, and we won't get those at Dens Park, to that degree. Still think we are a genuine quality striker away from being title contenders.  A win on Sat would have my convincing the entire train otherwise, however!

Maybe that’s what Murray could look for in January if we’re still up there within a few points, I just hope he doesn’t pin all of his hopes on Vaughan being that quality striker all season, for reasons we know why 

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think I’ll head to the game on Saturday and pay in at the gate. Or maybe I could buy one online, as I can for every other team in the league? Perhaps I could buy a ticket from the office at the stadium in Dundee? No, I’ll need to call the office and get a £24 ticket put in an envelope and posted to my house, or drive to Kirkcaldy to buy a ticket during the office open hours. 

Can you get a ticket? Yes.

Can you get it delivered? Yes.

Can you attend the game with minimal fuss? Yes.

I just don't get what's so difficult?

Heaven forbid someone should have to phone an office. Outrage.

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A couple of pretty weird replies, wasn’t expecting that. I’ll try another way. Why are Dundee the only club in the league who do this? I’m genuinely interested in the reasoning. 

We're box office and can do what we want in this diddies paradise.

That good enough for you?

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A couple of pretty weird replies, wasn’t expecting that. I’ll try another way. Why are Dundee the only club in the league who do this? I’m genuinely interested in the reasoning. 

The official line is, that because we are moving to a new stadium, we don't want to spend money on putting the infrastructure in place at Dens.

Or something like that.