A list of reasons why you would NEVER vote SNP (now or in an iScotland)

Guest Jedi

1 hour ago, The 55 said:

We live in a world where criticism of such as the NHS would be shouted down, and the quality of politicians means they do not stand their ground.  There will be many ways to spend the money more effectively, but raising your head above parapet and saying what needs to be said is a lost art. No organisation I know has a budget of £160bn and can't see shortcomings.

Go to A&E in any town on any evening and you will see the time/money and nurses & doctors patience wasted on the same relatively small, but very expensive, population of drunks, junkies, wasters and tough guys. They soak up time & money that could be used in much better ways. I will not hold my breath waiting for any politician to tackle it though. 

E0C62BA6-C46B-4341-9D57-B217FC7A5485.gif.3a850b5c7812e61a1d27a0bf1c056f15.gif

The one thing would make a tangible difference is the reduction of delayed discharge.  That can only happen when there are more care beds available.  That can only happen if there are the people to resource these beds. And that's only going to happen when there isn't such pressure on relatively unskilled labour resource. Or as I may have mentioned a few times, all fucking levels of resource. 

And we can't fix that because we're not a proper country that gets to decide if we would quite like to have relatively unskilled people coming here to work, in care, hospitality, retail, whatever. from abroad and maybe making a life for themselves here. Because despite the UK as whole facing exactly the same problems the c***s who a plurality of England elected, don't like them forrins. 

But in general terms the leaked draft minutes of health board discussions being UK wide headline news all day and the basis for "Humza should resign" from Glenn Campbell isn't at all suspicious. Good British service journalisming.

I tend to agree with the above. There are so many people who refuse to take responsibility for their unhealthy lifestyle and expect the NHS to consistently treat them for their self made ailments. Of course the NHS will do that but this is having a detrimental effect on the whole NHS and is resulting in the care for people with ailments not due to their own fault not getting the care they need. Everyone seems scared to properly address stuff like obesity for fear of hurting peoples feelings

16 hours ago, jakedee said:
17 hours ago, The 55 said:
It is supposedly from an NHS Board minute. Nothing to do with the SNP at this stage. Unless they told them to consider it. 

I take it the title of this thread passed you by?

I take it my sarcasm passed you by? Difficult sometimes when you can't hear the tone I accept.

23 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The one thing would make a tangible difference is the reduction of delayed discharge.  That can only happen when there are more care beds available.  That can only happen if there are the people to resource these beds. And that's only going to happen when there isn't such pressure on relatively unskilled labour resource. Or as I may have mentioned a few times, all fucking levels of resource. 

And we can't fix that because we're not a proper country that gets to decide if we would quite like to have relatively unskilled people coming here to work, in care, hospitality, retail, whatever. from abroad and maybe making a life for themselves here. Because despite the UK as whole facing exactly the same problems the c***s who a plurality of England elected, don't like them forrins. 

But in general terms the leaked draft minutes of health board discussions being UK wide headline news all day and the basis for "Humza should resign" from Glenn Campbell isn't at all suspicious. Good British service journalisming.

You may want to consult the missus before reducing the discharge time.

31 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

How did they manage it during the Covid crisis and how did it manage to become a problem again?

Among other things there was a push to discharge patients and for the care sector to step up or be more accommodating in the emergency and they cancelled almost all of the elective operations.