A list of reasons why you would NEVER vote SNP (now or in an iScotland)

Guest Jedi

On 07/11/2022 at 07:59, Jedi said:

There is no point discussing the SNP any further until the Supreme Court makes a ruling and we see where things go from there.

Until then hope @williemillersmoustachewill be comfortable with your own ego until then.

There is no point discussing the SNP period, because the UKSC will say no, SNP will hold a preterendum or more likely ns will find another reason to deny the mandate for Independence.  She doesn't have the guts to take on the uk.  

13 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

Why are you blaming the uk?  The power to change things rests with us, the Sovereign Scottish people. 

It is not westminster you should be blaming for our lack of progress on Independence, it is Holyrood and their delay in forcing it. 

So c**t and f**k as much as you like, it is the elected MPs and MSPs of Scotland that are delaying it.

Are you one of these Scottish Sovereign people who try to talk their way out of speeding fines by just boring the unfortunate officer to death with a series of entirely incoherent yet enthusiastically delivered sections of barely recognisable as language word salad?

And could you not do that here please. Anymore. 

I'll vote SNP, as will my family and friends, as long as I draw breath until we gain Independence.

It is my dearest wish that Rishie Sanook and his tory corrupt cronies remain in power at Westminster as they are the wind in the SNP's sails and the reason why the SNP will remain in power in Scotland.

All the tory hysterical mud slinging means not a fuckin jot to us the voters and they will always fail to undermine our patriotism and the love of our country.

Through history as their empire diminished and the union flag was torn down by the Nationalists in India, Africa and countless other countries the english government resorted to mud slinging, and violence in some countries,, to avert the inevitable in all of those countries and they failed to defeat Independence and have now become a third world economic laughing stock.

They can deride the SNP but what they will never understand is that we see the SNP as our vehicle to Independence.

I am a taxpayer, the wife of the uk prime minister is not.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'll vote SNP, as will my family and friends, as long as I draw breath until we gain Independence.

It is my dearest wish that Rishie Sanook and his tory corrupt cronies remain in power at Westminster as they are the wind in the SNP's sails and the reason why the SNP will remain in power in Scotland.

All the tory hysterical mud slinging means not a fuckin jot to us the voters and they will always fail to undermine our patriotism and the love of our country.

Through history as their empire diminished and the union flag was torn down by the Nationalists in India, Africa and countless other countries the english government resorted to mud slinging, and violence in some countries,, to avert the inevitable in all of those countries and they failed to defeat Independence and have now become a third world economic laughing stock.

They can deride the SNP but what they will never understand is that we see the SNP as our vehicle to Independence.

I am a taxpayer, the wife of the uk prime minister is not.

Respect your fervour but can’t see it happening.

Ill bet you £100 that there isn’t even a referendum before the end of 2023. 

15 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Respect your fervour but can’t see it happening.

Ill bet you £100 that there isn’t even a referendum before the end of 2023. 

My post was on the anti SNP propagandist drivel that emanates from Westminster and the fools that want to believe it.

We could all spend days on writing up the shite, corruption and misery that the tory government has knowingly caused and they will continue to do so.

On 06/11/2022 at 22:24, oaksoft said:

And the bit in red? What do you expect Sturgeon to do about drugs usage? Trawl the Glasgow streets in person and grab needles out of junkies hands? We have a drugs problem in Scotland because we have a large number of people willing to inject, snort and smoke quite literally any old shite they can get their hands on from organised criminals. People make personal choices in life. There's nothing Sturgeon can realistically do about that I'm afraid.

If there's nothing she can do about sorting this, she should probably say so.

Instead, she says she will fix it and it gets worse every year 

On 12/11/2022 at 08:54, williemillersmoustache said:

Are you one of these Scottish Sovereign people who try to talk their way out of speeding fines by just boring the unfortunate officer to death with a series of entirely incoherent yet enthusiastically delivered sections of barely recognisable as language word salad?

And could you not do that here please. Anymore. 

I asked him that when he first started. He claimed to have never heard of them.

Hopefully he's signed up since then, as they'd love his "we all declare independence and everyone else has to agree" stuff.

I never voted SNP prior to the Independence referendum despite voting for every other main party at some point*, and since then I have. Their record in some areas isn't great but I look at the alternatives and think that they are probably doing as well if not better than anyone else would. When Labour were in power in Holyrood I can't remember too many achievements, whereas things like mitigating the bedroom tax, the baby box, free prescriptions, getting Scotrail into public ownership, etc are all things I think have either been successful or are more in keeping with my own personal beliefs. Would I vote for some kind of SNP after we become independent? Possibly, although I'd have to see what was being offered by all the parties. 

*Yes, even the tories - they got my list vote in the first election as I thought David McLetchie wasn't an awful person and wanted some kind of opposition to what I assumed would be a large Labour government. 

NHS chiefs in Scotland discuss having wealthy pay for treatment - BBC News

Who is wealthy? Whoever the yare have they not already paid their tax?

Should a poorer person who drinks too much, takes drugs, is obese be given free care when a clean living individual who earns above average has to pay again?

Who would be next? 

The promises of everything for everyone are now coming home to roost. Unsustainable.

1 hour ago, The 55 said:

NHS chiefs in Scotland discuss having wealthy pay for treatment - BBC News

Who is wealthy? Whoever the yare have they not already paid their tax?

Should a poorer person who drinks too much, takes drugs, is obese be given free care when a clean living individual who earns above average has to pay again?

Who would be next? 

The promises of everything for everyone are now coming home to roost. Unsustainable.

Yeah i found this interesting earlier. I would think a lot of "rich" folk have private health care anyways so it might not much of a difference. However, people then complain that this creates a two tier system, which it does because if im paying for my treatment then i dont expect to have to wait for a prolonged period of time should i need treatment.

I find it strange we give our prescriptions free. The cost per individual item is not a lot but it must cost a lot of money over the whole of the country. 

We should really focus on getting the majority of our people to be healthier. Obesity costs the NHS a fortune. 

12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I would still vote SNP but their record with the NHS is terrible.

Not enough GPs and ridiculous waiting times. 

We recently had an NHS letter - 75 weeks to see a specialiost ( or perhaps to have phone consultation ). Said I would let them know if  I died before the time, so they could give my place to some one else in the queue.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It is unsustainable.

Virtually everyone takes the NHS for granted and that's going to be its downfall.

Between drug abuse, alcohol abuse and food abuse, we have an army of people who can't do the bare minimum of looking after themselves and end up becoming a completely avoidable burden on the NHS and the rest of society. Many of the same people who are stretching the system to the very edge of its destruction are the first to pepper every online forum with complaints about how the system is letting them down and how it's all the fault of the Tories. It isn't just the Tories. It's virtually everyone.

Nobody wants to accept any responsiblity for the state it's in.

I have no idea what the solution is here but I'm not persuaded at all that it needs more money (although I've swayed back and forth on this). That money will just be gobbled up in a million different inefficiences and pay rises, resulting in zero improvement to front line services. We should be able to run a highly effective NHS on £160 billion per year. That's thousands of pounds per year for every man, woman and child in the country. The fact that we can't should be ringing alarm bells everywhere but it elicits nothing more than yet more illogical screaming for ever more cash to be thrown at it.

The efficiencies point is a valid one. But when governments talk about efficiencies they mean cuts.

In reality they need someone to look at the system and make sure it works in all ways. And it requires more than doctors and nurses - it is a huge administrative system that needs well managed also. The problem is, when governments do this they invariably go to the same management consultants (EY, PwC, etc) who keep giving them the same advice - to keep hiring more management consultants. 

55 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It is unsustainable.

Virtually everyone takes the NHS for granted and that's going to be its downfall.

Between drug abuse, alcohol abuse and food abuse, we have an army of people who can't do the bare minimum of looking after themselves and end up becoming a completely avoidable burden on the NHS and the rest of society. Many of the same people who are stretching the system to the very edge of its destruction are the first to pepper every online forum with complaints about how the system is letting them down and how it's all the fault of the Tories. It isn't just the Tories. It's virtually everyone.

Nobody wants to accept any responsiblity for the state it's in.

I have no idea what the solution is here but I'm not persuaded at all that it needs more money (although I've swayed back and forth on this). That money will just be gobbled up in a million different inefficiences and pay rises, resulting in zero improvement to front line services. We should be able to run a highly effective NHS on £160 billion per year. That's thousands of pounds per year for every man, woman and child in the country. The fact that we can't should be ringing alarm bells everywhere but it elicits nothing more than yet more illogical screaming for ever more cash to be thrown at it.

We live in a world where criticism of such as the NHS would be shouted down, and the quality of politicians means they do not stand their ground.  There will be many ways to spend the money more effectively, but raising your head above parapet and saying what needs to be said is a lost art. No organisation I know has a budget of £160bn and can't see shortcomings.

Go to A&E in any town on any evening and you will see the time/money and nurses & doctors patience wasted on the same relatively small, but very expensive, population of drunks, junkies, wasters and tough guys. They soak up time & money that could be used in much better ways. I will not hold my breath waiting for any politician to tackle it though.