Türkiye Vs Scotland friendly, 16th November

Gordopolis

It was interesting to see us continue playing a higher defensive line like we saw in September while using 3 centre-backs first half and for the most part it worked okay even if Turkey managed to get some joy with balls over the top and playing through us.

I'll have to look back to see when Steve Clarke started to move away from a low-block especially in away games. We probably did away in Armenia and probably didn't away in Austria just from memory. Ireland away I'm not sure.

The camera being far from the pitch at the stadium in Diyarbakir was brilliant to see those kind of tactical details because the cameras are much closer when the game's at Hampden and smaller venues like the Faroes/Moldova.  

Edited by 2426255

3 hours ago, 2426255 said:

It was interesting to see us continue playing a higher defensive line like we saw in September while using 3 centre-backs first half and for the most part it worked okay even if Turkey managed to get some joy with balls over the top and playing through us.

I'll have to look back to see when Steve Clarke started to move away from a low-block especially in away games. We probably did away in Armenia and probably didn't away in Austria just from memory. Ireland away I'm not sure.

The camera being far from the pitch at the stadium in Diyarbakir was brilliant to see those kind of tactical details because the cameras are much closer when the game's at Hampden and smaller venues like the Faroes/Moldova.  

Sorry , I do not think the three centre halves worked unfortunately