Türkiye Vs Scotland friendly, 16th November

Gordopolis

16 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Tbh you've been following me around the forum like a bad smell disagreeing with everything ever since you decided to jump on the Steve Clarke bandwagon.  So its not really a surprise I think your making your opinion up just to disagree.

Hurling insults doesn't add credit to your opinion or lessen the value of mine. 

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

It shows you for what you are tho.

As I said before I am just posting my opinion, if you don't like that it conflicts with your own then I'm sorry for that. I don't mind if you don't attach any value to it - Have a nice day and enjoy the game pal. 👍

Just now, Loominous said:

As I said before I am just posting my opinion, if you don't like that it conflicts with your own then I'm sorry for that. I don't mind if you don't attach any value to it - Have a nice day and enjoy the game pal. 👍

I dont believe thats your opinion. Go back to lurking around in the background and hoping I make a mistake.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We played a full qualifying group with a back five and had our best performance in a group in over two decades, the idea that it's a busted flush is ludicrous. I'd guess we'll see it appear again.

simply put, if we are faced with a high line press when playing 3 at the back we struggle. if we are not pressed when playing with 3 centre halves the system often works well. 

simply put, if we are faced with a high line press when playing 3 at the back we struggle. if we are not pressed when playing with 3 centre halves the system often works well. 
I think it's a wee bit more complex than that.
3 at the back copes better against a press when we have two ball playing/carrying centre halves either side of a Hanley type in the centre.

Don't really see the point of Fraser at right wing back - if we're ever in the position where he's the best option there in a competitive game, we should be playing a formation without wing backs instead.

Hopefully Ramsay, Ferguson and Brown all get a decent amount of time from the bench.

I'm irrationally fuming about that starting line up.

- Why is Gordon starting? He is 40 in a few weeks and neither of our other keepers have played a minute for their national side. We should be attempting to blood Kelly in now so he doesnt go all rabbit in headlights when he gets papped in against Spain away or something.

- Whats the point in Jacob Brown? If he is remotely good enough, give him a chance in the team. If not, why is he in the squad every time?

- We know what every starting player can do. Why not give guys like Porteous, Ramsey, Ferguson or Brown the opportunity to put pressure on the established players.

I like having a settled team/squad, but its becoming a closed shop even for the odd friendly we play which cant exactly be motivational for guys with international aspirations that are not currently involved.

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

I'm irrationally fuming about that starting line up.

- Why is Gordon starting? He is 40 in a few weeks and neither of our other keepers have played a minute for their national side. We should be attempting to blood Kelly in now so he doesnt go all rabbit in headlights when he gets papped in against Spain away or something.

- Whats the point in Jacob Brown? If he is remotely good enough, give him a chance in the team. If not, why is he in the squad every time?

- We know what every starting player can do. Why not give guys like Porteous, Ramsey, Ferguson or Brown the opportunity to put pressure on the established players.

I like having a settled team/squad, but its becoming a closed shop even for the odd friendly we play which cant exactly be motivational for guys with international aspirations that are not currently involved.

We've had our disagreements, but I agree with absolutely everything your saying 🤣

Just now, craigkillie said:

Looks like a five to me. Could be Tierney (or Robertson) at RB in a four but Clarke has never used either of them in that role before.

Hes played Robertson on the right of the 5, which didn't go well. Tierney has played and played well on the right of a 4. It would seem like an odd choice with Ramsey on the bench.

It looks like a back 5, and if so its a poor decision.

Aye, Gordon starting seems a missed opportunity.

I wonder if Clarke's a bit leery of capping a new goalkeeper in Turkey in case the atmosphere gets to them. Never good for confidence to start with a bad performance. Dunno if the Turks are liable to go full "Welcome to Hell" for a friendly.

He's just praying that nothing happens to Gordon in the short term and that some rando comes out of nowhere/McCrorie gits gud. I'd be pretty worried about having Kelly as no.1 in a qualifying campaign, but he probably is the next best who's actually playing games (McLaughlin's better but still average and not playing) so we might need to rely on him at some point.

He'll be looking to keep some sort of continuity going into the next set of qualifiers i'd imagine and i'm sure there will be a tonne of changes during the game to give these other players minutes. Likes of Tierney and gilmour will be happy for the minutes aswell, good for them and their clubs.

One of the other keepers i imagine will play the second half, ramsey will get minutes. Tbh majority of the subs will get some time unless friendlies are limited to 5 subs now.