Türkiye Vs Scotland friendly, 16th November

Gordopolis

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

I’m glad that we now have the back 4 in our repertoire but when Tierney and Robertson are both available, we should be playing a 5. They’re our two best players and we play our best football when they’re combining down the left.

Im hopeful Clarke can remember the recent Ukraine games, and our wildly different performances and results better than some fans.

Who it seems would rather have Scotland play worse rather than be incorrect.

13 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

We got the results we wanted but I seem to remember the performances not being great against Ukraine (away) and Ireland at Hampden - on another night it could have worked out differently which I don't think is being unfair.

On a separate note I hope the pitch is looking better than it was for Amedspor's match against Bursaspor a few weeks ago. 

Amedspor-Bursaspor maçında 'hayali bir ülkenin bayrağını açarak terör  eylemi yapmak' suçlamasıyla altı gözaltı - Diken

11 minutes ago, Loominous said:

We got the results we wanted but I seem to remember the performances not being great against Ukraine (away) and Ireland at Hampden - on another night it could have worked out differently which I don't think is being unfair.

On a separate note I hope the pitch is looking better than it was for Amedspor's match against Bursaspor a few weeks ago. 

Amedspor-Bursaspor maçında 'hayali bir ülkenin bayrağını açarak terör  eylemi yapmak' suçlamasıyla altı gözaltı - Diken

It's probably a bit unfair to say, as we've had some very good performances and bad results too, but the highlighted section sums up Steve Clarke's time as Scotland manager reasonably well - there've been a number of games where we've not been great, but the team often manages to get a result regardless, which isn't a skill we've always had in the past.

Also, Amed need to get Cowden on the blower to find out how to stop the stock cars doing donuts on the field.

Just now, Loominous said:

You weren't impressed with the performances in our recent home victory over Ukraine and Ireland. And away draw with Ukraine?

Yet were impressed with us playing the 5 and getting beat at home 3-1 by Ukraine. And away 0-3 from Ireland 🤣

Thought you were the one laughing rather than dishing out the jokes

Im hopeful Clarke can remember the recent Ukraine games, and our wildly different performances and results better than some fans.

[emoji23]

I’d hope he remembers our performances against Serbia, Denmark, England, Israel, Austria etc in which they combined well with a back 5.

If either are unavailable, switch to a back 4.

1 hour ago, Loominous said:

Looks like crop circles...

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’m glad that we now have the back 4 in our repertoire but when Tierney and Robertson are both available, we should be playing a 5. They’re our two best players and we play our best football when they’re combining down the left.

I'd love to see Tierney play further forward with Robertson playing in his normal position as left of a 4.

I think Tierney has it in him to play that left winger role. Could be a complete disaster but worth a try IMO, especially since we seem to be lacking wide attackers/wingers until the likes of Doak and Anderson come in and body the footballing world

9 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I'd love to see Tierney play further forward with Robertson playing in his normal position as left of a 4.

I think Tierney has it in him to play that left winger role. Could be a complete disaster but worth a try IMO, especially since we seem to be lacking wide attackers/wingers until the likes of Doak and Anderson come in and body the footballing world

Not sure I agree it would work (or that Clarke would try it), but if we were going to try that then this is the game to do it. When we were last forced into trying something vaguely outlandish like that - Robertson on the right in Denmark - it was a full qualifier and it was calamitous. 

16 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Not sure I agree it would work (or that Clarke would try it), but if we were going to try that then this is the game to do it. When we were last forced into trying something vaguely outlandish like that - Robertson on the right in Denmark - it was a full qualifier and it was calamitous. 

Agree in that in wouldn't work. As good as they are, I don’t think either player have it in them to play any further forward than wing-back. Don’t see the point in us trying something like that when we don’t need to - we have a system we know works that can facilitate them both.  

In regards that Denmark game, I seem to remember the majority of the starting 11 being left footed, which just seemed weird to begin with. First half in particular was a shambles. 

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

emoji23.png

I’d hope he remembers our performances against Serbia, Denmark, England, Israel, Austria etc in which they combined well with a back 5.

If either are unavailable, switch to a back 4.

if any team choses to press us when we play with 3 centre halves we seem to struggle badly. And Clarke has admitted when teams did that, we didn't have any answers. So I would assume any decent managed opposition will have seen that and if they have, and we play with three centre halves, the Scotland coaching staff and players have hopefully found a solution.....

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

In regards that Denmark game, I seem to remember the majority of the starting 11 being left footed, which just seemed weird to begin with. First half in particular was a shambles. 

I didn't get to see that one, and knew to skip the first half of the highlights, as I had access to the thread on P&B while it was happening. Within the first ten minutes, the posts seemed to go from "this doesn't look good" to "Oh God, it's a nightmare" to "stop, please, we're already dead!"  :shutup

Bizarrely, we looked alright in the second half, from what I could see.