Türkiye Vs Scotland friendly, 16th November

Gordopolis

I know no one's interested in this game, but I don't think I've seen any discussion about what formation we'll line up in.

Will Robertson and Tierney being back together mean we'll revert to the 3/5, or will September's matches result in us sticking with the 4?

31 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I know no one's interested in this game, but I don't think I've seen any discussion about what formation we'll line up in.

Will Robertson and Tierney being back together mean we'll revert to the 3/5, or will September's matches result in us sticking with the 4?

I think we will, a least might start it and have it for a bit, since it’s actually been a while since they have played together due to injuries.

I think we are more likely to see him have a look at the right side, be good to see if Ramsay gets any game time - hope he does. 

Ramsay wasn't in the Liverpool squad on Saturday but Klopp didn't say anything on it. There's obviously a huge chance of him starting now, but while it would be good to have a backup RB, I get the impression that anyone who could be drafted in there would just be a waste of time.

McLean might have started and Jack and Gilmour's lack of game time could make it worthwhile bringing someone in.

Wouldn't bother with another striker unless it's a good prospect they want to get used to squads. Not (m)any about at a decent age though.

My gut feeling is that it will be a back four. I think Robertson might miss out as Tierney needs the minutes and Robertson could probably do with a rest, so no all Liverpool full backs. The goalkeeper kind of depends on how much Clarke wants to get Gordon another 30 caps to beat Kenny Dalglish’s record. Personally I’d be tempted to give Kelly his chance but I think it will be Gordon.

Gordon

Ramsay-Hendry-McKenna-Tierney

McTominay-Gilmour

Armstrong-McGinn-Christie

Dykes 

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Clarke's interview posted on here suggested Gilmour would start, probably alongside McTominay. Wonder if we might see Ferguson get another start alongside McGinn in support of Dykes.

It would be good to see Ferguson get a start as he seems to have been in pretty good form the last few weeks and that can't really be said for many of our other midfielders. 

Imagine with Adams being out now Dykes is a certainly to start and probably deserved as he has been in decent form since the Nation's league games. 

Would also like to see Ramsay and Kelly get a decent run out as well. 

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

-----------------------Gordon (Kelly for second half)

-----------Hanley Hendry Tierney
Ramsay------------------------------Robertson
------------Gilmour- McTominay
--------------Ferguson--McGinn
-------------------------Dykes

Really hope he doesn't go back to the 5 for this. It almost got him sacked. After his comments about the new formation being a massive step forward I think he might hopefully stick with the 4.

23 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Adams, McLean and Patterson out with no mention of any replacements yet.

According to the Scottish Daily Express, Lampard has followed Postecoglou's earlier decision by keeping Nathan Patterson for Everton's trip to Sydney to face Celtic. I haven't verified it with other sources but I believe it could be true given that Everton are also going to Sydney.

It's not just Scotland to be fair: Atalanta have chosen not to let Turkey have Demiral either. 

Edited by Loominous

Really hope he doesn't go back to the 5 for this. It almost got him sacked. After his comments about the new formation being a massive step forward I think he might hopefully stick with the 4.

I chopped and changed between the two for my lineup to be honest. I *wanted* to see a 4 from the players we have.
I settled for the 5 because I can't see Tierney or Robbo going there to do nothing, and Ramsay -our only RB- is better suited to the wing back role, I think.

If it was 4, it'd be something like:

Gordon

Ramsay Hanley Hendry Tierney

Gilmour McT

McGinn Fraser

Dykes

...not as iffy as I thought, but doesn't quite click as much as the personnel in the 5, I think.

I've decided that we'll either see Robertson and Tierney get 45 each or we'll play 45 with a back four and 45 with a back three. Was thinking earlier that if the starting goalkeeper gets 90 minutes but we use all six subs then there's gonna be just one poor outfielder who doesn't get any game time. 

4 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Changing from the 5 absolutely saved his job, had he continued like that I dont think he would be manager still. You can laugh yourself silly if you want.

Clear evidence that Stevie is a P&Ber.

Poor form that he never thanked you for the suggestion TBH.

14 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Not at all, hes probably waiting for a major achievement.

Genuinely hoping that, during the celebrations after the Euro 2024 final, he slips out a wee "...and thanks to Bing, of course, without whom I'd never have made it this far".