Türkiye Vs Scotland friendly, 16th November

Gordopolis

Ramsay for Ralston
Didn't think he would as he's only played once since May (although will certainly play tonight), but well predicted shagger.

I would've liked to have seen another forward option in there, but it was always gonna be a smaller squad so limited spaces, however there's enough wiggle room to experiment in there.

Good squad. Liam Cooper missing is the only player I was surprised not to see included. 23 man squad is just a normal international matchday squad so in terms of size it's logical and in keeping with Clarke taking only what he needs.

Gordon
Patterson Hendry McKenna Robertson
McTominay Gilmour
Armstrong Ferguson Christie
Adams

Let Hendry and McKenna build their partnership, let's see if anyone can replicate McGinn, and it would be good if we can get minutes in Gilmour's legs (he might play tonight). Kelly and Brown could be a couple of experimental starters but not sure it's worth it.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Ange "mate, mate" Postecoglou claiming that no Celtic players will be released for this - presumably they don't have to be in that case. Hopefully something for the SFA to bear in mind the next time Celtic have some daft request or other from them.

Now, now no need with the threats 

No real surprises there.

Not being selected for a friendly with no Celtic players available surely ends any prospect of Ryan Gauld getting a call up, though his exclusion will no doubt be causing tantrums in replies to every squad announcement for the next few years regardless.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

No real surprises there.

Not being selected for a friendly with no Celtic players available surely ends any prospect of Ryan Gauld getting a call up, though his exclusion will no doubt be causing tantrums in replies to every squad announcement for the next few years regardless.

Tantrums from Gauld? I thought his response to the question was quite measured and mature tbh.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Turkish squad announced.

On paper it's quite a strong Turkish squad, no particularly notable absentees. I see that their German manager has recently convinced Borussia Dortmund midfielder Salih Ozcan to play for Turkey instead of waiting for Germany.

On 08/11/2022 at 14:45, craigkillie said:

I don't actually think these games are part of the centralised UEFA contract - the England friendly, and whichever other one we end up setting up during our odd week out in qualifying will be, but I think this one is similar to the Netherlands and Luxembourg ones before the Euros in that they will be sold to the highest bidder. I wonder if BBC Scotland will end up showing it.

Fair play, you were spot on. 👍

Edited by 2426255