Türkiye Vs Scotland friendly, 16th November

Gordopolis

On 05/11/2022 at 18:03, Gordopolis said:

Just noticed it is a 5pm kick off. Not a fan of those - doesn't really fit well into the daytime routine particularly well. Much prefer evening games.

Oh dear.....already booked up for a work event and will be listening to presentations on Offshore Hydrogen Production and  Electrification of Offshore O&G platforms

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

No confirmation of channel, no confirmation of tickets and no squad announcement. Quite weird to have such a shoulder shrug of a game after the past two years of fun.

I know it's not what you meant, but I did emit an involuntary, wry chuckle at the "last 2 years of fun" bit!

23 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Oh dear.....already booked up for a work event and will be listening to presentations on Offshore Hydrogen Production and  Electrification of Offshore O&G platforms

Any chance of a zoom link to the presso? Potentially more exciting than the game.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

No confirmation of channel

On 07/11/2022 at 14:21, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is it confirmed what channel this is on?

I looked back and I believe this will be on Premier Sports. I'm not sure if it will also be made free to air.

UEFA have confirmed that Premier Sports will be the home of Scotland Men’s National Team matches until 2024, beginning with next month’s UEFA Nations League Group B matches.

The deal will see Premier Sports broadcast all six of Scotland’s matches in their 2022 UEFA Nations League campaign, beginning with Scotland’s home match against Armenia on 8 June, as well as the UEFA EURO 2024 qualification campaign and any friendly fixtures up to June 2024.

SFA

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/premier-sports-to-broadcast-scotland-men-s-national-team-matches-until-2024/

Edited by 2426255

I don't actually think these games are part of the centralised UEFA contract - the England friendly, and whichever other one we end up setting up during our odd week out in qualifying will be, but I think this one is similar to the Netherlands and Luxembourg ones before the Euros in that they will be sold to the highest bidder. I wonder if BBC Scotland will end up showing it.

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't actually think these games are part of the centralised UEFA contract - the England friendly, and whichever other one we end up setting up during our odd week out in qualifying will be, but I think this one is similar to the Netherlands and Luxembourg ones before the Euros in that they will be sold to the highest bidder. I wonder if BBC Scotland will end up showing it.

Well the SFA say themselves that Premier Sports will broadcast any friendly fixtures up to June 2024 so I'd be surprised if it wasn't shown on Premier Sports given the game against Turkey is a friendly match before June 2024. Then again maybe the SFA made a mistake when posting the information I referenced or there has been a change in circumstances as that information was published in May 2022.

Edited by 2426255

Ange "mate, mate" Postecoglou claiming that no Celtic players will be released for this - presumably they don't have to be in that case. Hopefully something for the SFA to bear in mind the next time Celtic have some daft request or other from them.

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Ange "mate, mate" Postecoglou claiming that no Celtic players will be released for this - presumably they don't have to be in that case. Hopefully something for the SFA to bear in mind the next time Celtic have some daft request or other from them.

Correct - it isn't an international window.

Simply that players belonging to 32 nations at WC must be released on Monday 14th November.

image.png.f3dcdcd610fe14576f520d7ed3d75e60.png
image.png.dfbdb79717da12d55e23bc63b3cfbebc.png
image.png.7468cf1aa8acf69a4f621dec90095fec.png

You just can't hate the guy [emoji1787][emoji38][emoji122]

No need for Taylor if Robertson and Tierney turn up, but Ralston and Turnbull would've had a good chance of getting minutes. It would've been good for Turnbull actually getting a go from the start. Potentially opens up a spot at RB/RWB but I'll be fucked if I know who takes it. Wouldn't mind seeing Anderson in Turnbull's place.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

No need for Taylor if Robertson and Tierney turn up, but Ralston and Turnbull would've had a good chance of getting minutes. It would've been good for Turnbull actually getting a go from the start. Potentially opens up a spot at RB/RWB but I'll be fucked if I know who takes it. Wouldn't mind seeing Anderson in Turnbull's place.

I don’t think Turnbull has remotely earned a spot in the squad anyway tbh. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Ramsay for Ralston