Greenock Morton βšͺοΈπŸ”΅ vs Patrick Thistle πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘

Just what Thistle need, a game against a team that is organised and plays to their strengths rather than a spineless, rudderless and seemingly unfit bunch of shirkers.

If we avoid defeat I will be surprised.

Morton 3 Thistle 1

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Just what Thistle need, a game against a team that is organised and plays to their strengths rather than a spineless, rudderless and seemingly unfit bunch of shirkers.

If we avoid defeat I will be surprised.

Morton 3 Thistle 1

We owe Partick after that doing a few weeks ago. Yeah it providedΒ a kick up the arse for us but you can see from imries interviews that he is still raging about that performance and score. I'd love to absolutely destroy these c***sΒ  but knowing this league and morton we could hand them a much needed 3 poinys. Any sort of win will do here to continue our great run.

Aye Dougie will absolutely have revenge on his mind and hopefully the players have too, but these kind of games never sit easy with me. Form team in the league, scoring goals, keeping clean sheets against a team devoid of confidence, getting pumped every week and in a bit of a crisis. Reminds me of Inverness v Hamilton a few weeks ago and we know how that turned out.

Thistle still have decent players so will take any sort of win here.Β 

Hope we get a big crowd in for it, club deserves the support.

Some game this, 5 weeks ago at Firhill Morton looked like they'd been plucked out the Lowland league, we scored 5 and that heavily flattered them.Β 

Now anything other than a comfortable Morton win would be a turn up for the books.Β 

Tiffoney said (to my mate who was there with his sons) at the player zone post match he'd be back next week, but think Docherty is out for a while.Β 

We might have to score 5 again to get a draw though.Β 

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

After seeing both teams in the past 2 weeks, this should be a Morton win. My only concern is that Morton aren’t exactly scoring for fun.

Last 5 games in reverse order have produced 1, 4, 0, 1, 5 goals. So it's a mixed bag.Β 

My concern is Gillespie may be due a suspension and he's very much the main cog in the team. If he's oot we lose this imo. Or at least don't win.Β 

We had a test of the team's mentality yesterday seeing how they'd respond to going behind for the first time since Firhill, and they came through that. This is possibly a bigger one, seeing if they can keep using the reaction to that game as positive motivation when they're up against the same opposition.

We are inevitably going to lose again soon while Partick's losing run won't last much longer, the league is too tight for that, but it would be great to really cement the improvement over the last six games.

Play like we did in first half against Dundee we should be fine especially with Graham and/or Tiff back .Play like we did in second half we may as well turn not up .In saying that Morton’s horrible ,wee narrow pitch is a leveller .

1-1 .

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

Play like we did in first half against Dundee we should be fine especially with Graham and/or Tiff back .Play like we did in second half we may as well turn not up .In saying that Morton’s horrible ,wee narrow pitch is a leveller .

1-1 .

Partick Admittedly have the widest pitch in the division together with Hamilton and Inverness. The narrowest are Cove and Raith Rovers and the rest are pretty similar. The Cappielow pitch looks smaller because the lines are so close to the terracing walls.

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

1-1 .

A Partick fan criticising a pitch! Now that’s irony.

After seeing both teams in the past 2 weeks, this should be a Morton win. My only concern is that Morton aren’t exactly scoring for fun.

It’s sound. Big Dazza Brownlie will stick three in his own net for them.

15 hours ago, GiGi said:

Last 5 games in reverse order have produced 1, 4, 0, 1, 5 goals. So it's a mixed bag.Β 

My concern is Gillespie may be due a suspension and he's very much the main cog in the team. If he's oot we lose this imo. Or at least don't win.Β 

I think his booking yesterday was his 6th so it will trigger a one match suspension but it applies 2 weeks after so will miss the Cove match.

5 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

1-1 .

At least you're not bitter about it🀣