Alloa v Queens

42 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Do we actually think he could be gone after this? I don't see how he can stay. We assembled a few for the squad who were well established Championship players (Reilly, Wilson, Hendrie) and a few we thought who are easily still good enough for the Championship (Connelly, Todd and East). Those names alone should be the beginnings of a decent League One side.

I still maintain we don't have that bad a team on paper as our results suggest, which obviously comes down to the manager. Our centre half's I felt at the start of the season would cost us big time and been proved right, while our keeper couldn't catch a cold. I do feel with an established manager we could still finish 4th if he gets a few signings in the January transfer window, so yes I do feel it is worth risking it for the Play Off's.

On paper and reality are two different things. 

I thought the team before they even played the first competitive match was pretty weak. 

Youth are by nature inconsistent and the experienced players he's got just aren't doing it. 

Never seen that coming, especially with how the opening 20 or so minutes went. 

QoS looked really lively up top and looked like Reilly and Paton were going to run us ragged all day. 

Really good opening goal - I was looking over for an offside flag as I couldn’t believe how much space Reilly was in and he took it well. As dangerous as QoS looked I’m struggling to think of anything Muir actually had to do (bar a good save with his feet before the opener) and we gradually started to get in to the game when we started getting Scougall and Donnelly on the ball. 

Equaliser on half time was an absolute game changer and we certainly stepped up after the break. 

2nd half performance was exceptional with some really good finishing as well. That 5 minute spell will be hard to top all season. 

All the subs made an impact on the game and there’s real competition for places all over the pitch. 

Stefan Scougall was on a different level to everyone else today, a brilliant performance. 

Probably just waiting until the court case to see if they can do it for free.
Had this discussion a few days ago. If rumours are true and it is in fact going to court then it may well be the get out the BoD need/want. I sincerely hope the rumours aren't true of course.

Embarrassing is the only word to describe that second half performance. I get the Alloa fans are happy with the result but I wouldnt get too carried away, you will not come up against a worst defensive performance than that again this season - well maybe three more times :( 

I dont think I've ever seen such a turn around in performance levels between one half and the other, nor such a spectacular collapse in any game I've watched.

First half we were reasonably comfortable and, after scoring early, had several good chances on the break to extend the lead. Second half, we were never, ever in the game, offered nothing up front and no control in midfield. Obviously, we were also awful defensively. The back three couldnt deal with crosses or any high ball forward and Currie did his usual line inspector impression, watching as Alloa played the ball past him. The whole defence were at fault, but surely now Currie is finished with us? Fox has to start next week and lets hope we bring Cowie back as soon as possible as back up.

In the early stages it looked as though Queens would be the team to run riot in this game. They got a well taken early goal and were first to everything, while we looked well off it and took us a good half hour to get any real foothold.

That three goal burst in the space of five minutes was utterly clinical, albeit aided by lacklustre QoS defending. A slightly strange yet thoroughly enjoyable game.

Edited by Sixtyten

6 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Embarrassing is the only word to describe that second half performance. I get the Alloa fans are happy with the result but I wouldnt get too carried away, you will not come up against a worst defensive performance than that again this season - well maybe three more times :( 

I dont think I've ever seen such a turn around in performance levels between one half and the other, nor such a spectacular collapse in any game I've watched.

First half we were reasonably comfortable and, after scoring early, had several good chances on the break to extend the lead. Second half, we were never, ever in the game, offered nothing up front and no control in midfield. Obviously, we were also awful defensively. The back three couldnt deal with crosses or any high ball forward and Currie did his usual line inspector impression, watching as Alloa played the ball past him. The whole defence were at fault, but surely now Currie is finished with us? Fox has to start next week and lets hope we bring Cowie back as soon as possible as back up.

Currie is also a w****r of a guy as well as being a shite goalie, been Wullie's biggest mistake (been a few) has been putting him back in the team

That performance totally sums up this squad of players. Playing some great one and two touch football when Alloa made the mistake of standing off us and allowing us to play. As soon as Brian Rice realised that they needed to get in our faces and start really pressing the ball our whole team fell apart from front to back.

Continually playing with 3 CBS should, in theory, give us some defensive protection but not when Messrs Currie, Hendrie and the two McKays resemble mannequins. What an utter shambles that second half was. I said after the Edinburgh match it was a mistake to deploy Lewis as a wingback expecting him to be a principal creative threat going forward and also provide some protective cover in the RB area. To ask a 17 year old to perform that dual function simply highlights how flawed the team selection actually is.As I have said repeatedly the solution at RB is staring the manager in the face but his continual absence beggars belief. 

i would assume that with the impending World Cup break some Premier teams will be looking to loan out some fringe players. A GK and an experienced CB to partner East would be a good start but in all honesty the problems here are so deep rooted that it might be easier just to wait for the Peterhead and Edinburgh fixtures to come round again. Truly gutless stuff and Hendrie’s petulant behaviour at the end spares us the prospect of seeing him in action next week.

3 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

That performance totally sums up this squad of players. Playing some great one and two touch football when Alloa made the mistake of standing off us and allowing us to play. As soon as Brian Rice realised that they needed to get in our faces and start really pressing the ball our whole team fell apart from front to back.

Continually playing with 3 CBS should, in theory, give us some defensive protection but not when Messrs Currie, Hendrie and the two McKays resemble mannequins. What an utter shambles that second half was. I said after the Edinburgh match it was a mistake to deploy Lewis as a wingback expecting him to be a principal creative threat going forward and also provide some protective cover in the RB area. To ask a 17 year old to perform that dual function simply highlights how flawed the team selection actually is.As I have said repeatedly the solution at RB is staring the manager in the face but his continual absence beggars belief. 

i would assume that with the impending World Cup break some Premier teams will be looking to loan out some fringe players. A GK and an experienced CB to partner East would be a good start but in all honesty the problems here are so deep rooted that it might be easier just to wait for the Peterhead and Edinburgh fixtures to come round again. Truly gutless stuff and Hendrie’s petulant behaviour at the end spares us the prospect of seeing him in action next week.

Dont think we can loan anyone in until January, can we?

What did Hendrie do? We all assumed it was dissent, but there didnt seem anything controversial about the goal at all