Alloa v Queens

It absolutely is not worth sticking with the manager with the way things have gone

It's what the BoD will have to weigh up. Even if we bring someone else in and get us 4th spot do you think he'd be able to get us past Falkirk/Dunfermline/second bottom Championship side?

Or do they see WG contract out, tread water this season and make a go of it with a new manager next season?
We better hope that Peterhead and Edinburgh don't improve ... looks like Clyde already have their new manager bounce ...

If Clyde and Peterhead aren't 9th and 10th I'll be gobsmacked, for as shite as we are.

Never understood Grant Murray as a help for Wullie either. Absolute guff. No chance we will win next week with our garbage home form.

Murray being our AM is what gives me the fear if WG gets sacked. He wouldn't be much better but you can just imagine our lazy BoD would hire him.

And another for Alloa and a red for us. Absolutely awful.

Do we actually think he could be gone after this? I don't see how he can stay. We assembled a few for the squad who were well established Championship players (Reilly, Wilson, Hendrie) and a few we thought who are easily still good enough for the Championship (Connelly, Todd and East). Those names alone should be the beginnings of a decent League One side.

I still maintain we don't have that bad a team on paper as our results suggest, which obviously comes down to the manager. Our centre half's I felt at the start of the season would cost us big time and been proved right, while our keeper couldn't catch a cold. I do feel with an established manager we could still finish 4th if he gets a few signings in the January transfer window, so yes I do feel it is worth risking it for the Play Off's.

Well that was unexpected, second half was absolutely sensational; best we’ve played all season. Much more pressing and aggression than the first half and a few great finishes in there. Play like that more often than not and we’ll be right up there.

Just now, AlloaAdam said:

Well that was unexpected, second half was absolutely sensational; best we’ve played all season. Much more pressing and aggression than the first half and a few great finishes in there. Play like that more often than not and we’ll be right up there.

You won’t get the benefit of playing against our losers every week though.

Do we actually think he could be gone after this? I don't see how he can stay.

I can't see him getting sacked tbh. They gave AJ months too long so there's no reason to think they'll be harder on WG. If he is sacked I'll be genuinely gobsmacked.

Well done to Alloa btw. Going by Twitter and the stats it looked like we were on top and should have had another one or two; Paton with his weekly miss. To come out and destroy a side after a weak first half deserves credit. I just wish we had that winning mentality in our side.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't see him getting sacked tbh. They gave AJ months too long so there's no reason to think they'll be harder on WG. If he is sacked I'll be genuinely gobsmacked.

Well done to Alloa btw. Going by Twitter and the stats it looked like we were on top and should have had another one or two; Paton with his weekly miss. To come out and destroy a side after a weak first half deserves credit. I just wish we had that winning mentality in our side.

You had a decent 20-30 minutes. After that your team got real stale real quick. We hooked it in the net before half time despite not showing too much offensive threat and after that there was only one winner as the second half we were hungry.

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

You had a decent 20-30 minutes. After that your team got real stale real quick. We hooked it in the net before half time despite not showing too much offensive threat and after that there was only one winner as the second half we were hungry.

I think/hope you may just have done us a favour in the long run ...

Great result for Alloa btw ...

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Arse fell out of Queen of the South real quick. I assume conceding in three consecutive attacks will do that to you.

The issue for me is that conceding in that manner isn’t remotely surprising. We’ve been gutless for seasons now. I’ve seen the time when I’d be absolutely raging about such a capitulation but it’s more of a sense of resignation , even indifference, than anything else in all honesty. 
Edit to add, well played Alloa -you can only beat (hammer) what’s in front of you. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

What a second half performance. Absolutely relentless and I love it. After a shaky start, we began to control the game. Scougall a big factor in that. He is just such a class act. On a whole though, the team just played with so much more intent and energy. Even to Rodden coming off the bench and just looking so lively when the game was done.

All the goals are fantastic in their own way but great to see some of the names get on the score sheet. Special mention to Daniel Church. We’ve been defending him and bigging him up on the pod all season and he’s growing more and more into that position. I hope the goal for Kieran just before his Scotland break will do him the world of good too. Shame we won’t get the momentum with him but absolutely no qualms with a player playing for his country! 

One of the best 45’s I’ve seen Alloa play in a long time. That’s a real statement result that. Let’s go back up away to Edinburgh and banish those memories of the home game next week. 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

AJ was on a longer contract, he would have been more expensive than WG to get rid of. If WG does go this season now is the perfect time, give the new manager a few weeks to assess things before the transfer window

First half we were meh! 

2nd really aggresive , more like the Alloa we want 

that 5 minute spell shellshocked QOS

and it was all over 

Are we still the worst team you have played ?  🙃

Sorry  couldn't resist that 

Feel sorry for queens fans  a bit 

a long enough journey as it is  .

Edited by Vegetableman

8 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

AJ was on a longer contract, he would have been more expensive than WG to get rid of. If WG does go this season now is the perfect time, give the new manager a few weeks to assess things before the transfer window

Any new manager would probably  need to shift folk out the door before they could sign replacements - let’s be honest, nobody is going to want our dross.

Just now, Dougie Mills said:

Any new manager would probably  need to shift folk out the door before they could sign replacements - let’s be honest, nobody is going to want our dross.

McKechnie, Irvine and Bange are all three who could be likely to leave. And, lets see if the club is willing to re-invest some of that Rangers money into  finding us a new manager and adding a few to the squad

If you'd said at half time Alloa would win 5-1, I'd assume you'd spent the afternoon at the beer fest.

Felt Church had a bit of a shaky start, Gibson seemed to have the better of him early on but he grew into the game. Cawley at right back done well as well, but hopefully it's not a long term plan for him. Saw Devine and Durnan in the stand so hopefully they're back soon.

Rodden showed what he offers with the assist for King's goal. Don't really like Sammon/MacIver up top, would prefer one of them with Offord or Rodden. Offord offered some good runs too.

I'm guessing the second yellow was for dissent?

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Probably just waiting until the court case to see if they can do it for free.