Forfar Athletic v Annan Athletic

Agree with all of that. How can you start with Harkins and Hutton in the same team? Surely anyone with any brains can see the problem with that? McCallum saved us from a worse hiding today and was pretty distraught afterwards, I wonder if some of our other players gave a stuff? The injuries excuse is bull, nearly all are noted sick notes it was insanity packing our squad with so many injury prone players. We have been awful since January, diabolical since this pre season and Irvine clearly does not know how to fix it. The Board have painted themselves into a corner with their moronic statement a few weeks ago and they are clearly going to double down on Irvine all the way out of the league.

No offence to the lad, but i sincerely we haven't been paying Keatings to rehab. Otherwise there are some(more) serious questions to answer at board level about recruitment . Signing a lad that was still clearly quite seriously injured is negligent in the extreme.

Edited by RateofKnots

21 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

No offence to the lad, but i sincerely we haven't been paying Keatings to rehab. Otherwise there are some(more) serious questions to answer at board level about recruitment . Signing a lad that was still clearly quite seriously injured is negligent in the extreme.

Keeping Irvine on and paying him is even more negligent 

7 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Highlights prove again how little we were in that. Three or four efforts from outside the box while Annan are peppering McCallum. I'm a broken record by now -- I can take getting beat, but Irvine's team selections and negative tactics are insufferable.

We are getting thrashed pretty much every week

38 minutes ago, C_titz said:

We are getting thrashed pretty much every week

Irvine's safety first approach seems to suit away from home a bit more, where the defeats are narrow, we won at Cliftonhill and clung on at Elgin. Teams are running riot at Station Park though and he has no answer.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

35 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

My immediate concern is that the board have perhaps looked to other candidates on the QT and no one experienced wants the gig 

Would Danny Lennon be interested? Not saying he'll be Forfar's saviour but he's the only experienced manager I can think of who might go for a part-time club like us.

Gary Bollan is out of work but that's a definite no!

But other than that (in the unlikely event) they were to sack the Garys the next manager would likely be a recently retired player embarking on his first foray into management, which could be a miracle or a disaster, so worth a punt?

Also, I'm no financial expert but how much would it cost the club to sever their contracts, could that be a reason the board don't want to fire?

31 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Would Danny Lennon be interested? Not saying he'll be Forfar's saviour but he's the only experienced manager I can think of who might go for a part-time club like us.

Gary Bollan is out of work but that's a definite no!

But other than that (in the unlikely event) they were to sack the Garys the next manager would likely be a recently retired player embarking on his first foray into management, which could be a miracle or a disaster, so worth a punt?

Also, I'm no financial expert but how much would it cost the club to sever their contracts, could that be a reason the board don't want to fire?

My guess now is (if he remains) that it is a financial decision. Nothing else makes sense -- we are in complete disarray and been awful since last December. There can be no way the entire board agree that Irvine is the man to take us forward surely?

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

33 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

My guess now is (if he remains) that it is a financial decision.

If it's currently under decision, I hope they factor in what'll surely be a huge financial hit if the very real prospect of relegation happens. Quite a decision to make, though. Sack a manager who has run out of ideas and pay any contractual stuff and bring in a stop-gap (who might stay if current form is turned around) and remain on a firmer financial footing longer term might be a way forward. Anyway, a shit state of affairs just now.

2 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

I've done a quick search, and can find no mention of the length of contracts the 2 Garys have.

I bow to others if they do have knowledge of it, but if it is just a rolling 1 year deal, there's no excuse not to take the hit. 

I remember them both signing new deals in the summer (ahead of our "title push"). But can't remember if it was a 1 or 2 year extension, or what was the length of their previous contracts.