Clyde vs Airdrieonians

I saw in another post that it's no points for the Bully Wee in last 10 games. However we only have 11 in the same period which sees us in bottom three obviously.

I have gone for a Diamond win and our recent run against Clyde has been good. However you never know what can happen and I rarely saw us win at NDP. Clearly Clyde are in bother and despite having a close friend in the home end, I hope we deepen the crisis . Sorry!

10 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

We're fighting hard but don't look like scoring, barring the chance when Roberts touch deserted him.

No midfielders on the bench won't help when we tire.

Without tempting fate

...looking fairly comfortable at the back competing in the middle but offering v little up front.  Still in the game tho.

It doesn’t excuse this dreadful run but this team get no luck. Gomis wins the ball in the run up to the goal and it ricochets back off Jamieson. Parry saves then penalty and it falls straight to Jamieson. Of course, conceding penalties and leaving players on who are obviously knackered doesn’t help.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

As stupid as it sounds I'm probably more pleased with a scrappy 1 nil win than I would be with a 3 or 4 goal win. We've shown when we are on our game we can rack up a few goals but being able to dig out a win when playing poorly has been lacking so far.

I thought we played ok,  nothing like last week, but this was more of a scrap , never thought we were in any danger to be honest,  but you are bang on scrapp y 1 nil wins away from build confidence and get you up the league...  Well done to Rhys and the boys....

Thought we did enough for a draw but another individual error has cost us the game. We also created almost nothing which seems to be the theme in this losing run. 

Our season is going to come down to three games against Peterhead. We have played them once already, at home, 2-0 up, and still didn’t fucking win. Absolutely depressing to be a Clyde fan at the moment.

2 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

It doesn’t excuse this dreadful run but this team get no luck. Gomis wins the ball in the run up to the goal and it ricochets back off Jamieson. Parry saves then penalty and it falls straight to Jamieson. Of course, conceding penalties and leaving players on who are obviously knackered doesn’t help.

Parry only saved the penalty because he'd taken at least 2 steps off his line. The image I've posted is before LJ had even connected with the ball. I have to say I've not got much confidence in the ability of referee assistants to even notice that though. It was clear as day when I watched the video as you can see him well off the line by the time you hear the sound of the ball being struck.PXL_20221105_163445277.TS_exported_15468_1667673897162.thumb.jpg.19feafe5541d1cdac77e2ecc04b0a693.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Parry only saved the penalty because he'd taken at least 2 steps off his line. The image I've posted is before LJ had even connected with the ball. I have to say I've not got much confidence in the ability of referee assistants to even notice that though. It was clear as day when I watched the video as you can see him well off the line by the time you hear the sound of the ball being struck.PXL_20221105_163445277.TS_exported_15468_1667673897162.thumb.jpg.19feafe5541d1cdac77e2ecc04b0a693.jpg

Until VAR was a thing, this wasn’t even a topic for discussion.

Call it luck, skill, or whatever you want, but that save falling to LJ sums up Clyde’s fortunes of late. 

That was torture without really being in danger. Thought we made Clyde look vaguely competent and at times much more cohesive than we are - on  a good few occasions we had two players going for the same ball and neither winning it and we were really slow in the build up again. Today’s positives being McCabe showing his range of passing, three points and a clean sheet.

It was a scrappy win indeed and a game where there was a lot of scurrying about, but precious little good football. We just don't appear to play well away from home although it lets us get back into that tight bunching below Dunfermline.

All our wins are clean sheets which shows how vital it is to get in the lead fairly early. 

On the game itself it was a fairly brutal assault on the eyes. Clyde did stick to a solid defending style and obviously lacked much punch beyond that. They don't look quite as bad as East Fife last season but it's a real worry for their supporters.

Most of our team were average if often careless in keeping the ball in physical areas , and some poor final passes. I also wonder why we just don't shoot.

I thought it was a penalty and there might well have been a later one on Ballantyne. Never noticed Parry off line but the guy beside me shut his eyes rather than watch. Jamieson is now our top goalscorer but he was back to his irritating style in second half although why Rhys went back to that front three remains a concern. 

Thought Euan Devenney was our best player and that low driven cross should have been seized on. 

Three points and now move on , but the clear moon and the fireworks over Morrisons were the highlights of the day, along with my regular curry delight back home