Kelty v Alloa

Once again, interest in Alloa's fixtures fails to hold any interest in here.  Maybe we should change our name to Alloa Apathetic 😂

Not sure if Scougs will feature at any time, but let's hope we can keep much of the same line up and determination we have had recently, FFC midweek game being the hiccup.

Edited by laughing gravie

15 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Match preview in this weeks episode of the podcast if anyone wants a listen.

Was too busy at work this week to organise getting a guest from Kelty on to help preview, but will make sure we do for the next one!

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Not good enough, m8. 😉

Yeah not a great deal happened first half other than Churches goal which was an outstanding finish. Second half was better and Kelty had a good wee initial spell, although appeared Muir could have done a lot better with the goal and spilled it. Agyeman looked pretty dangerous though and I thought ex Alloa boy Peggie was decent too.

Alloa were toiling a bit until Scougall came off the bench and were much improved after that. Had a couple of chances- slightly disappointed not to win but there wasn't a whole lot in the game in all honesty.

Keltys ground is brilliant. A great wee mix of enclosures and decent terracing. Really enjoyed the visit. A relaxed sensible trip on this occasion for me but I think I'll get myself in that social club for opening time next time the clubs meet there.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Yeah not a great deal happened first half other than Churches goal which was an outstanding finish. Second half was better and Kelty had a good wee initial spell, although appeared Muir could have done a lot better with the goal and spilled it. Agyeman looked pretty dangerous though and I thought ex Alloa boy Peggie was decent too.

Alloa were toiling a bit until Scougall came off the bench and were much improved after that. Had a couple of chances- slightly disappointed not to win but there wasn't a whole lot in the game in all honesty.

Keltys ground is brilliant. A great wee mix of enclosures and decent terracing. Really enjoyed the visit. A relaxed sensible trip on this occasion for me but I think I'll get myself in that social club for opening time next time the clubs meet there.

Pretty much this. Thought the ground was cracking.

We had clearly set up to match Kelty physically and we did that. Only disappointing thing for me was the amount of times we just shelled the ball forward; would have liked to see Scougs on earlier. Enjoyed the game though and a draw was fair.

Edited by printer

Agree with others, fair result and a brilliant ground - raised terracing makes such a difference and handy that there’s areas to shelter if it hammers down!

Definitely looked like Muir should have dealt with the effort that led to the goal better, either holding it or putting it over, but other than a bit of a dodgy punch out in the first half he did well with a couple of good saves before the goal. 

Any idea what was going on with the penalty shout? Looked to have been given then changed his mind?

49 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Agree with others, fair result and a brilliant ground - raised terracing makes such a difference and handy that there’s areas to shelter if it hammers down!

Definitely looked like Muir should have dealt with the effort that led to the goal better, either holding it or putting it over, but other than a bit of a dodgy punch out in the first half he did well with a couple of good saves before the goal. 

Any idea what was going on with the penalty shout? Looked to have been given then changed his mind?

Baffled me too. Was pretty sure the ref had pointed to the penalty spot. Maybe they were trialling VAR? 🤪

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Agyeman looked a real handful, although I thought we handled him and Higginbotham pretty well. Dangerous players.

Was impressed and a bit surprised with Peggie too. He's clearly developed since he was at Alloa.

2 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Soft as shite if given but there was contact when defender put ball out for a corner which we never got 

Decent game and draw a fair result 👍

I've just realised the penalty shout never made it in but it was pretty funny. Kieren and Saul were equally confused that it looked like a pen but the only reason they thought that was the Kelty fans behind the goal celebrating. The reaction of Kenny Brannigan and the gaffer was good.

Was never a penalty in a million years. Some serious wishful thinking going on. Also think our disallowed goal is a bit ridiculous. Jamieson was saved from another gaffe.

Edited by LeodhasXD

57 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

Your number 5 should definitely have received the red card for the "professional foul" on Agyeman. There was no way that there was any defensive cover as Agyeman would have been clean through had he not been wrestled to the floor. It only LOOKED like there was cover as your defenders only started to retreat when Agyeman was stopped. The reason why some Kelty fans thought that it was a penalty was that there was the sound similar to heels being clicked, something that you wouldn't have heard from the far side of the ground, so it was a good shout for a penalty. If the referee thought that Cardle took a dive then he should have carded him. A draw was the fair outcome.

We're not playing Fife rules just because we played in Kelty.

That's as standard a yellow card as you'll get. The offence is denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity obviously he was about to pull the trigger from the halfway line for goal of the season.

As it sounded like a foul maybe we should trial blindfolded referees. Will improve the fun factor at games.

1 hour ago, Robert Forbes said:

Your number 5 should definitely have received the red card for the "professional foul" on Agyeman. There was no way that there was any defensive cover as Agyeman would have been clean through had he not been wrestled to the floor. It only LOOKED like there was cover as your defenders only started to retreat when Agyeman was stopped. The reason why some Kelty fans thought that it was a penalty was that there was the sound similar to heels being clicked, something that you wouldn't have heard from the far side of the ground, so it was a good shout for a penalty. If the referee thought that Cardle took a dive then he should have carded him. A draw was the fair outcome.

So clearly the ref didn't think Cardle had dived, as he didn't card him.

Agree a draw was fair. I thought it was a good competitive game, with both teams trying their best to win (couldn't say that about all teams in the league yesterday, apparently). 😉

21 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

We're not playing Fife rules just because we played in Kelty.

That's as standard a yellow card as you'll get. The offence is denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity obviously he was about to pull the trigger from the halfway line for goal of the season.

As it sounded like a foul maybe we should trial blindfolded referees. Will improve the fun factor at games.

Hey m8, the position of sarcastic, ref supporting Alloa poster is already filled. 🙂

On Agyeman being pulled back he clearly handled the ball to control it (standing right next to it) and the Lino must have seen it as well , was just another feather in his cap , was on half way line so yellow fair but should’ve been an Alloa foul for handball first