Jump to content

is nobody interested in The Mo v Peterhead?


Recommended Posts

there had better be a much better performance than the god awful one served up by the Mo last week

Is a tie at home to Peterhead the perfect fixture to bounce back with, or an unwanted banana skin?

Be interesting to see the line-up tomorrow.  Thought too many changes were made from the team that beat Dunfermline to accommodate McAllister against Airdrie.  He stormed off down the tunnel when he was hooked (presuming he wasn't injured) last week, will that mean him being dropped to the bench.  Hopefully Gardyne is fit, or Webby is fit enough to start in his place

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the first time this season I’m off all weekend with nothing planned so I’ll probably head down to this which means it’s almost certainly gonna be a 0-0 draw with 2 shots on target and the game being dominated by shite weather[emoji322][emoji3060]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't really add much for us - will happily take that, especially after the first half as these are the type of games you just have to stick away. Thought Gardyne deserved MOTM for a really determined engine-room shift today. It's only November, but Peterhead are already into snookers required/miracle territory to stay up: a slightly more clinical team would've had 6 or 7 today against that shoddy mess of a backline, and they've zip all up front until/if Rusty comes back. I do wonder if McInally may finally walk soon....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Scorge said:

Can't really add much for us - will happily take that, especially after the first half as these are the type of games you just have to stick away. Thought Gardyne deserved MOTM for a really determined engine-room shift today. It's only November, but Peterhead are already into snookers required/miracle territory to stay up: a slightly more clinical team would've had 6 or 7 today against that shoddy mess of a backline, and they've zip all up front until/if Rusty comes back. I do wonder if McInally may finally walk soon....

Just listened to Jim McInally's post-match interview and he certainly seems exasperated and frustrated with his teams performances and is on the brink. You don't seem to get any luck when you are rock bottom and the one or two own goals conceded yesterday seems to sum that up. We are in a similar position to East Fife last season, who became isolated at the foot of the table and never recovered. It is now between ourselves and Clyde to fight it out to avoid the automatic drop - not much to look forward to!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was probably one of the worst Peterhead sides I’ve seen. Mo should have easily 6 or 7. Peterhead had massive holes everywhere, (which we didn’t exploit) it really looked like they had never played together before. After we sharpened up in the second half they didn’t have one shot at Ross. That Peterhead team totally deserves to be at the foot of the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Second goal was wrongly credited as an OG. I was standing behind the goal and it was definitely a Matty Allan header.

I was standing at the other side of the goal and thought it was a clear OG, would have been happy for Matty to get it though. Shite game, good result and the Peterhead fans that were crowded round the pool table in the legion were a strange bunch of humans are my main takeaways from yesterday.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, broomiesniper said:

in the slow motion replay of second goal, to me, it looks like Matty heads it on to the Peterhead player's head and then it loops in

That was my impression too.  Standing behind the goal I was convinced Bambi headed the ball.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/11/2022 at 09:02, The Gable Endie said:

That was probably one of the worst Peterhead sides I’ve seen. Mo should have easily 6 or 7. Peterhead had massive holes everywhere, (which we didn’t exploit) it really looked like they had never played together before. After we sharpened up in the second half they didn’t have one shot at Ross. That Peterhead team totally deserves to be at the foot of the table.

I feel that is a bit harsh but I agree that fortunes have changed since the heady days when the Blue Toon were League Two’s big spenders. The rise of Cove and other teams in the north east like Formartine, may be the reason for Peterhead’s declining fortunes of late. Jim McInally has been there such a long time and isn’t a bad manager but perhaps like during Heggarty’s time at the Mo. perhaps his age means he may no longer  have the contacts to get  better players in. 
Not sure if changing managers is going to make much difference if other teams in the area continue to be more attractive options for part-time players.

What do Bluetooners think is best way forward to get their club out of the doldrums?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We lost around 14 players in the close season then the league cup was on us, not being able to use trialists in that comp meant we had to get players in to be able to field a team, we did not have a keeper until the day before it started & could only name 1 or 2 subs most games & that set a trend we have not been able to shake off Yet. We have not been able to get a  half decent striker on the field. Russell McLean would have helped but has not played a game this season after an op in the summer. As for Jim we are between a rock & a hard place, McLean should be available in the next couple weeks so hopefully will provide a threat at least, a few wins would buy Jim time but have always said i believe Jim would pack in if he thought it was a lost cause he is an honest man & would be very difficult to replace

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Brummo said:

I feel that is a bit harsh but I agree that fortunes have changed since the heady days when the Blue Toon were League Two’s big spenders. The rise of Cove and other teams in the north east like Formartine, may be the reason for Peterhead’s declining fortunes of late. Jim McInally has been there such a long time and isn’t a bad manager but perhaps like during Heggarty’s time at the Mo. perhaps his age means he may no longer  have the contacts to get  better players in. 
Not sure if changing managers is going to make much difference if other teams in the area continue to be more attractive options for part-time players.

What do Bluetooners think is best way forward to get their club out of the doldrums?

On speaking with a member of the PFC heirarchy he said it wasnt Formartine or any of the HFL clubs that limit the spending power of PFC(though he admitted Cove do have cash to throw around and it's something we have to live with).

It's the money floating around the Lowland League.

He said one player contacted asked for the best  PFC could offer. He was given the figures and basically said he could treble his money with at least half a dozen LL clubs.

Peterhead has become the very thing I feared. A yo yo club like so many others. Farting around the lower leagues with a promotion ( or relegation) every so often to excite the fans.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...