Why no InDy?

Brother Blades

On 05/11/2022 at 08:20, BudBudBud said:

It would rob me of my British Nationality, which just isn't going to happen.

There's no way I'll allow myself to be torn out of the country I love.

15 hours ago, BudBudBud said:

Even if the UK became an authoritarian, brutal, communist regime, with the traditional family and social norms completely thrown out the window, I'd still love it and it's people.

marvellous-ron-manager.gif.fd3c21bb12def3becc88094d3f127ad5.gif

14 hours ago, sophia said:

I totally agree, the place we've arrived at is an outcome of 1746. Granted there was cultural oppression that would be held up today as crimes against humanity and ethnic cleansing but that shouldn't distract us from the legend of our British state that I love and I truly believe wider still and wider shall thy bounds be set. God, who made thee mighty, make thee mightier yet.

Anyone who believes that could only conclude that the particular God referred to has been on a long holiday. 

6 minutes ago, BudBudBud said:

I don’t think word changes do that at all.  I think that having more than one passport dilutes my nationality, and the very concept of nationality itself.

No, my nationality isn’t weakened by different driving licences.  Not being funny, but let’s just agree to disagree.  It’s clear we just look at the subject from different angles, and I’m absolutely fine with that.

If you really had any genuine concerns about the dilution of “the very concept of nationality”, you would be dead against the UK. 

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

If a Ref had been won, the SNP would be in an incredibly strong position, both as the sitting Scottish govt, to negotiate the terms of Independence (based on their own prospectus) and also to win a thumping majority at the first Scottish election ( with 45% in the bag and having delivered a Yes result).It would take other parties years to find their footing in a post-Indy Scotland, so looking at 2 terms at least for an ongoing SNP govt.

The SNP is already imploding. And without the threat of unionist parties, what incentive would there be to continue voting for them? 

Far more compelling visions would would quickly become the opposition. And wouldn't won't to let the SNP set all the terms of a future Scotland. 

3 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

The SNP is already imploding. And without the threat of unionist parties, what incentive would there be to continue voting for them? 

Far more compelling visions would would quickly become the opposition. And wouldn't won't to let the SNP set all the terms of a future Scotland. 

Apart from the already imploding part, this is exactly how I see things panning out, I can see the greens gaining a lot of voter share & if a renewed & invigorated left of centre party emerged from the left of the SNP & potentially Labour, we might be getting somewhere. 

37 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:
18 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
Folk actually debating with it as well. Just laugh at the sad wee tube and move on FFS. He'll get emptied soon enough. 

I haven't been around the forums since pre-pandemic but surely "Bud etc" is a The Kincardine alias?

A couple moonhowling yoons have created several. The Bud loser is a reincarnation of the banned Duries Air Freshener. Kincardine's late night spamming leave him little time for an alias, however the Kenneth840 weirdo probably fits the bill. It's all very bizarre tbh. 

42 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I genuinely cannot wait for all the budbuds and kincys etc to cry as the butchers apron is lowered on a Scottish flag pole for the last time, I will genuinely laugh like f**k at their tears. No more UK. What a thought. 

One of the unsung benefits of independence would be seeing the radicalised extremists decamp to England and Wales only to find that no one there gives a single shiny shite about muh union.

Normal folk would shrug their shoulders and wish Scotland well whilst caring about their own governance, and even the knuckle-draggers down south would be far more interested in abusing foreigners than letting a bunch of lachrymose Scots wash their boots with tears.

On 06/11/2022 at 12:17, Juanhourjoe said:

When I say imploding. I think all the alba types will be waiting for there moment to jump ship.