Kili v Livvie

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Outside of the old firm and maybe Aberdeen I don't think there's a better front three in the league ahead of Nouble-Anderson-Bahamboula, here's hoping this is the start of it propelling us up the table

Can’t help but agree with that. Despite the fact you were sharper than us on the ground, You lot were the first team who have bullied us in the air all season,  which was strange because when the ball was in your box we were always favourites,.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Can’t help but agree with that. Despite the fact you were sharper than us on the ground, You lot were the first team who have bullied us in the air all season,  which was strange because when the ball was in your box we were always favourites,.

It's weird because usually we've been a very strong defensive team and lacking a bit up front. Devlin has been a bit off this season, not sure if he's carrying a knock or not. Fitzwater has been a bit off since coming back from injury too. Despite that Obileye (who had a shocker in the second half of last season) has been incredibly strong at just heading and clearing everything, Montano (when fit) has been potentially our best player. 

If Devlin/Fitzwater can recover their prime form then we're in a very good place. I said it in the Big Relegation thread as a bit of a bait, but I don't think we're in much danger of going down at all. We're hopefully out of the conversation already. Credit to Martindale again as I'm not sure what manager could do this with the budget he's got - about 1.25m turnover per year, easily the smallest in the league

We need Anderson playing, because as much as i love Nouble he just isn't much of a goal scorer, he makes up for it in everything else he does but we still need a player to get us 12/15 goals up front, and Anderson looks very much a player that will do that. Sharp as f**k around the box getting shots off and very quick feet. And with Bahamboula, Nouble, Montano and Devlin we'll get plenty balls into the box for Anderson to get onto.

4 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

I'd agree that Fitzwater and Devlin have looked off it this season, especially when compared to Montano and Obileye.

It's interesting that Obileye has kept his place at RCB, with Fitzwater now at LCB, however on form it's hard to see that changing

Didn't notice this immediately on Friday but that's an interesting point. I do think that transition can be difficult for centre backs. For what it's worth, I don't think he's been that bad when he's been available. Going by comments, there appears to have been something going on during his extended absence.

Teams have noticeably targeted Devlin's position this season so maybe that's why he has been poorer than last season. 

On 05/11/2022 at 23:08, ATLIS said:

Outside of the old firm and maybe Aberdeen I don't think there's a better front three in the league ahead of Nouble-Anderson-Bahamboula, here's hoping this is the start of it propelling us up the table

Bloody hell, you'd better hope no Hearts fans on here read that.

On 06/11/2022 at 00:36, ATLIS said:

It's weird because usually we've been a very strong defensive team and lacking a bit up front. Devlin has been a bit off this season, not sure if he's carrying a knock or not. Fitzwater has been a bit off since coming back from injury too. Despite that Obileye (who had a shocker in the second half of last season) has been incredibly strong at just heading and clearing everything, Montano (when fit) has been potentially our best player. 

If Devlin/Fitzwater can recover their prime form then we're in a very good place. I said it in the Big Relegation thread as a bit of a bait, but I don't think we're in much danger of going down at all. We're hopefully out of the conversation already. Credit to Martindale again as I'm not sure what manager could do this with the budget he's got - about 1.25m turnover per year, easily the smallest in the league

It’s a bit of a miracle the results Martindale produces. What do you reckon your playing budget is? 

4 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

It’s a bit of a miracle the results Martindale produces. What do you reckon your playing budget is? 

I don't think we ever put out numbers specifically just for the playing side of things but our annual turnover is around 1.25m

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Bloody hell, you'd better hope no Hearts fans on here read that.

If you include Shankland's time in Belgium, Anderson still outdid him last season :D I'd take Nouble over Forrest as well

On 07/11/2022 at 13:22, The Wrong Car said:

Aye I wouldn't say either has been bad per se, just not as eye-catching as the other two. 

If I'm being cynical I'd say it would make the change from Fitzwater to Boyes/Cancar/Kelly a straight swap if and when Jack does go

I got the impression Boyes was signed with the intention of him being the natural successor to Fitzwater which I'd be happy enough with. Cancar seems to have fallen out of the picture since the start of the season but I'd imagine that, long term, he's taking Boyes' place as the alternate CB when Fitz goes. Fitzwater has been solid enough this season, I certainly wouldn't say he's been any worse than last season. It might seem that way though due to Obileye being much improved. If Obileye was still dropping clangers on the regular then Fitzwater would look much better. Devlin is a similar story in that Montano has been arguably our best player this season so Devlin doesn't look as good. I don't think his performances have dropped at all though

I like Cancar but he's still a bit hot headed at the moment (or at least in the limited time I've seen him). He started pretty well against rangers but was booked early on and replace by Montano after 34 minutes. Maybe he'll get another chance but there's a lot of competition

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I got the impression Boyes was signed with the intention of him being the natural successor to Fitzwater which I'd be happy enough with. Cancar seems to have fallen out of the picture since the start of the season but I'd imagine that, long term, he's taking Boyes' place as the alternate CB when Fitz goes. Fitzwater has been solid enough this season, I certainly wouldn't say he's been any worse than last season. It might seem that way though due to Obileye being much improved. If Obileye was still dropping clangers on the regular then Fitzwater would look much better. Devlin is a similar story in that Montano has been arguably our best player this season so Devlin doesn't look as good. I don't think his performances have dropped at all though

Don't think Fitzwater is back to his best yet, after being out the team, he was well off it leaving his man for the Celtic goal, and again against Killie he got beat by his man behind him conceding another goal. Obileye too was having a mare in pre season and cup games, but has been solid since the league started.

Yeah agree with you on Devlin, he's still doing a great job for us, but Monano has been our best player, turning games for us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't think Fitzwater is back to his best yet, after being out the team, he was well off it leaving his man for the Celtic goal, and again against Killie he got beat by his man behind him conceding another goal. Obileye too was having a mare in pre season and cup games, but has been solod since the league started.

Yeah agree with you on Devlin, he's still doing a great job for us, but Monano has been our best player, turning games for us.

That's what I'm saying about Fitzwater, he made errors before but he was much better overall than Obileye. Where Obileye has picked up his performances it's shone a light on Fitzwater's errors more