Hearts vs Motherwell 6th November

1 minute ago, Currahee! said:

See the Motherwell boy that got injured in the 1st half and taken off? Why was he allowed to walk over the pitch instead of going off at the closest point? I thought that was a rule now?

My assumption would be given it looked like a knee injury that the ref took the sensible decision to allow him to be helped off straight to the tunnel rather than hobble right round the side of the park / needlessly get the stretcher team round. 

33 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

My assumption would be given it looked like a knee injury that the ref took the sensible decision to allow him to be helped off straight to the tunnel rather than hobble right round the side of the park / needlessly get the stretcher team round. 

Fair enough I suppose. Probably makes sense in those circumstances.  

11 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Obviously that was a good win for Hearts, but some of the posts on this thread make it well worthwhile of a bookmark for later in the season.😉

Bookmark it all you want. If Hibs manage 5th you'll have done well. Absolutely no chance, nada, nil, zip, zilch that you are above Hearts come May and very doubtful by Christmas Day! 

While I'm optimistic, I'm also not getting carried away about finishing 3rd yet. We're in a good spot but it's also not inconceivable that we end up 8 points behind by the weekend.

Being slight favourites with the bookies is maybe about right at this point considering the fixtures we've still got to play, but Aberdeen are winning their home games and scoring plenty of goals and if they keep doing that they'll be difficult to overhaul.

12 hours ago, DC92 said:

While I'm optimistic, I'm also not getting carried away about finishing 3rd yet. We're in a good spot but it's also not inconceivable that we end up 8 points behind by the weekend.

Being slight favourites with the bookies is maybe about right at this point considering the fixtures we've still got to play, but Aberdeen are winning their home games and scoring plenty of goals and if they keep doing that they'll be difficult to overhaul.

Aye, the Livi games are huge, both for us and Aberdeen. I expect them to beat United at home on Saturday, so if they win at Livi tonight, they put pressure on us to beat them on Saturday.

If we beat Livi, we're five points behind, possibly closer, and that's a decent outcome. Unfortunately, beating Livi isn't all that easy. It's conceivable we both lose to them.

21 hours ago, Currahee! said:

See the Motherwell boy that got injured in the 1st half and taken off? Why was he allowed to walk over the pitch instead of going off at the closest point? I thought that was a rule now?

The commentator seemed to think it was so he could get treatment quicker, but I've never been convinced it's a good idea to make an injured opposition player hobble past full stands of our fans (and vice versa). 

It’s the rule, but it can be applied at the refs discretion for treatment or player safety. Off the top of my head, I’ve rarely seen an opposition player go off at the east stand side of Fir Park.   For obvious reasons. 

The Law is that it is advised, but totally up to the referee.

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Is there a reason why no highlights have been uploaded for this game yet? It’s Tuesday and still nothing. Ridiculous state of affairs. SPFL channel really needs to up its game.

Still not up. If you haven't seen the highlights there are some on Sky Sports but I normally like the SPFL highlights better.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12740346/hearts-3-2-motherwell-scottish-premiership-highlights

• 1 month later...