Hearts vs Motherwell 6th November

46 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Never saw the game so cannot comment on red cards. But if Gordon did pull down Moult then he should get a yellow for denying a scoring opportunity. Two yellows and he is off. We probably would have only lost 4-2. But joking aside that is an awful and bizarre decision. 

Moult knocks the ball and is heading away from goal therefore not an obvious goalscoring opportunity. 

The last four games where the opposition have went down to 10 men we've been shite in and they've all been this year

Ross County 3-1 Motherwell (conceded 2 after going a man up)

Motherwell 1-3 Rangers

(Scored 1 and conceded 2 after going a man up)

Edit - Motherwell 1-0 Livingston 

(Red in the 80th minute)

Dundee United 0-1 Motherwell 

(Started to play like shit after going a man up but somehow won)

Now Hearts 3-2 Motherwell (Conceding 3 after going a man up)

It's sometimes harder playing against 10 men as they usually sit in more. But against us all it means is the opposition are going to get more chances. We badly need a new cb + a midfielder who can tackle 

Edited by _MFC_1886

16 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

Fatterly is surely a joke footballer?

30 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Slattery will get you nowhere  

We're building the team around him and that's a fact.

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Moult knocks the ball and is heading away from goal therefore not an obvious goalscoring opportunity. 

But surely the only reason Moult does that is because Gordon comes flying out at him no? 

Like I’ve not seen it back but if Gordon doesn’t come charging out, isn’t Moult getting a clear strike at goal? So I don’t see how Gordon’s actions can’t be seen as denying a goal scoring opportunity. 

As for the game, we shat it. Against 10 men for over an hour and we didn’t start playing till we were 2-0 down. Then we stopped playing once we’d equalised only to have another wee flurry once we went behind again. 

Entertaining game of football but an utterly predictable outcome.  

Edited by Casagolda

20 minutes ago, _MFC_1886 said:

The last four games where the opposition have went down to 10 men we've been shite in and they've all been this year

Ross County 3-1 Motherwell (conceded 2 after going a man up)

Motherwell 1-3 Rangers

(Scored 1 and conceded 2 after going a man up)

Dundee United 0-1 Motherwell 

(Started to play like shit after going a man up but somehow won)

Now Hearts 3-2 Motherwell (Conceding 3 after going a man up)

It's sometimes harder playing against 10 men as they usually sit in more. But against us all it means is the opposition are going to get more chances. We badly need a new cb + a midfielder who can tackle 

Didn't we have someone sent off against you recently? In the game you got the dodgy penalty and won 1-0?

18 minutes ago, CoF said:

We're building the team around him and that's a fact.

Seems strange to build a team around a man like that? 

Number 8s should charge up and down the pitch making killer tackles and passes. He just falls over.

25 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

But surely the only reason Moult does that is because Gordon comes flying out at him no? 

Like I’ve not seen it back but if Gordon doesn’t come charging out, isn’t Moult getting a clear strike at goal? So I don’t see how Gordon’s actions can’t be seen as denying a goal scoring opportunity. 

As for the game, we shat it. Against 10 men for over an hour and we didn’t start playing till we were 2-0 down. Then we stopped playing once we’d equalised only to have another wee flurry once we went behind again. 

Entertaining game of football but an utterly predictable outcome.  

Whatever the rights or wrongs of that one, he was bang out of order booking Hearts' captain for querying the sending off.

I suspect that was on his mind too.

Edited by MacDonald Jardine

Sorry, but we absolutely deserved to win that.

Snodgrass is the guvnor, but wee Alex Cochrane was outstanding.

Got to the car to hear Stephen Craigan seething - beautiful. :)

Hope the three 'well fans in our section enjoyed their day, despite having to sneak away near the end - if you're trying not to give the game away, maybe best not to wave to Keith Lasley in the director's box. 

22 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

A deserved & welcome 3 points, hearing dick Gordon is all tears & snot. A beautiful outcome 😎

That’s a strange take. Very strange. Whoever told you that is talking absolute shite. Or lying. 

He actually said credit to Hearts for winning with 10. I was listening to it. 

Craig Levein said Hearts should’ve been playing with 9. As all the pundits did. 

To be fair, anyone with functioning eyes could see that. 

13 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

That’s a strange take. Very strange. Whoever told you that is talking absolute shite. Or lying. 

He actually said credit to Hearts for winning with 10. I was listening to it. 

Craig Levein said Hearts should’ve been playing with 9. As all the pundits did. 

To be fair, anyone with functioning eyes could see that. 

Really, Richard?

Screenshot_20221106_193341.thumb.jpg.4344d4746e18bab8ac7ee33310e4cbf4.jpg

Buzzing after that. We've got "easier" fixtures to come after the break, but with Ibrox in midweek we could have been in danger of leaving ourselves too far behind and giving ourselves a mountain to climb by then if we'd lost today.

I already had the "not our day" feeling after we missed three great chances before the red card but when that came along I thought we were truly fucked. At 2-1 I was just waiting for us to throw it away, but the players seem to have stopped feeling sorry for themselves in recent weeks and are showing a lot of character.

Snodgrass has added so much leadership, skill and composure in the middle - I was sceptical but he's been an excellent signing so far. I was also so-so about re-signing Cochrane but I was massively wrong because he's been terrific this season. I thought some tough games out of position at CH might have dented his confidence but he's properly stepped up to the plate in the last couple of weeks. Sibbick as well - I think you can maybe lay the blame for the equaliser at his feet but he's also been hugely improved since coming back into the picture and he seems to be growing in confidence and mental strength.

Halliday, Shankland and Devlin warrant mentions as well. All very good recently.

Despite all the noise our league form has been pretty good this season. We've won all 4 of our home games against non-Old Firm teams and overall we're on pace for 60+ points at the moment. In the last 6 post-European matches we've taken 13 points out of 18, 10 of those after falling behind or playing most of the game with 10 men. We're in a good place and the shouts to get rid of Neilson a few weeks ago look ridiculous now.