Hearts vs Motherwell 6th November

10 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Just tell me John Beaton isn’t involved in any officiating capacity. Looking for a Shankland double. That would be enough for the jambos win.

He's not. Kevin Clancy is the ref and there's no sign of Beaton listed on the VAR team.

As for the game, if we play anywhere as poorly like we did last week then Hearts will steamroller us. I'd be delighted with a point but I can only see a home win. Our mix of injured and misfiring frontline won't be enough to worry Hearts. I am looking forward to see what kind of sitter Shields misses this week, it'll take something to beat last weekends. 2-1 Hearts.

4 hours ago, AdamMFC said:

He's not. Kevin Clancy is the ref and there's no sign of Beaton listed on the VAR team.

As for the game, if we play anywhere as poorly like we did last week then Hearts will steamroller us. I'd be delighted with a point but I can only see a home win. Our mix of injured and misfiring frontline won't be enough to worry Hearts. I am looking forward to see what kind of sitter Shields misses this week, it'll take something to beat last weekends. 2-1 Hearts.

I thought we were quite comfortable last week up until Tony got sent off for his indiscretion.  So if the Hearts lads can keep 11 on the park it could be game on.

With Rangers away in midweek we really need to be winning this to make sure we stay in touch with 3rd. We'll have more favourable-looking fixtures than Aberdeen after the break but if the gap gets to 8+ points before then then we're really struggling.

Neilson says Halkett and Rowles "might" be back which means they won't be, based on his irritating policy of over-promising and under-delivering on injury return dates. Conceding from a cross or two is inevitable so hopefully Shankland continues his scoring form.

Expecting the following, also assuming Atkinson's ankle knock will keep him out:

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Cochrane Halliday

Devlin Kio Snodgrass

Ginnelly Shankland McKay

Harsh on Grant who was excellent the other night but I'd be surprised if that's not the midfield 3.

57 minutes ago, DC92 said:

With Rangers away in midweek we really need to be winning this to make sure we stay in touch with 3rd. We'll have more favourable-looking fixtures than Aberdeen after the break but if the gap gets to 8+ points before then then we're really struggling.

Neilson says Halkett and Rowles "might" be back which means they won't be, based on his irritating policy of over-promising and under-delivering on injury return dates. Conceding from a cross or two is inevitable so hopefully Shankland continues his scoring form.

Expecting the following, also assuming Atkinson's ankle knock will keep him out:

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Cochrane Halliday

Devlin Kio Snodgrass

Ginnelly Shankland McKay

Harsh on Grant who was excellent the other night but I'd be surprised if that's not the midfield 3.

I'd go for this, but probably trade McKay for Snodgrass maybe?

Seems that we have sold out or away allocation for this game. I guess the fact we have one of the best away records in the league right now gives us som confidence.

For me, if you offer me a draw right now, I'll bite your hand off for it. Hoping Van Veen remembers his shooting boots but I believe it will be a very tight affair (either 1-0 or 2-1 to either team).

19 minutes ago, Swami said:

There’s absolutely no way we’ve sold out our allocation for tomorrow. Not sure what’s going on. 

How many tickets are there?  The away section is quite contained and it’s usually quite busy.  It is possible.

3 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Not insignificant.

The place is sold out all the time these days, and you can't say the same for our rivals. Not only important from a crowd-w**k point of view, but it's all cash in the bank. Along with FoH, the fans are doing the business in what's been an expensive as f**k season.

Accounts for this year will be interesting to see. A big opportunity for the club to push on if the extra cash we're making just now is used well.

Edited by VincentGuerin