Hearts vs Motherwell 6th November

Both sides will be relieved to have got October out of the way but for at least one set the hard times are set to continue a bit longer.

Motherwell have the worst home form in the league but the second best away form after Celtic which is a worry

Louis moult was reported as 10 days from fitness o the 28t so is presumably a late fitness check as he recovers from a procedure. I’d suggest he give it another week just to make sure

Kingsley’s absence is obviously not great news but hopefully Hearts will start seeing people leave the injury list as well. 

theoreticaly with a bit of luck, we could field the same side that won 3-0 at Fir Park but with Halkett in for Kingsley

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Both sides will be relieved to have got October out of the way but for at least one set the hard times are set to continue a bit longer.

Motherwell have the worst home form in the league but the second best away form after Celtic which is a worry

Louis moult was reported as 10 days from fitness o the 28t so is presumably a late fitness check as he recovers from a procedure. I’d suggest he give it another week just to make sure

Kingsley’s absence is obviously not great news but hopefully Hearts will start seeing people leave the injury list as well. 

theoreticaly with a bit of luck, we could field the same side that won 3-0 at Fir Park but with Halkett in for Kingsley

I love Louis Moult, but the 2022 version does not warrant anywhere near as much concern as the 2017 version. A 15 minute cameo if we really need a goal would be the most I would expect. He was an unused sub last Saturday.

Hearts win.

It feels like we've a fairly shite record at Tynecastle and despite a welcome win against United our issues aren't really any closer to being solved.

We're an ongoing work in progress really and it's not really a quick fix.

As much as Hearts have their injury problems we're running a smaller squad this season and it's paper thin. We've just confirmed Aarons' loan has been terminated because he's broken, Joey Efford's out until the new year, Moult is being held together by sellotape so our forward options to start are pretty much what we had on the park last week.

For all his graft a forward line including Connor Shields shouldn't be a concern for any opposition at the moment. 

As @crazylegsjoe_mfc says we had Moult on the bench last week with next to no intention of using him given Hammell had been in the press the previous day saying we weren't expecting him to be back involved for another 10 days.

It seems like it's just a case of us muddling along until January trying to keep our heads above water before we try and bring a couple in.

Edited by capt_oats

2-0 Motherwell. I'm going on holiday on Sunday so will miss this one.

The last time I went on holiday on the day of a Motherwell game? We beat Hearts at Tynecastle with a Sherwin Seedorf wondergoal! 

Hearts have muddled through the hard part in terms of dealing with a really tough fixture run with a lot of injuries. As my Honourable Friend above points out, this is our first home league game against non-OF opposition since fucking August.

Dead simple. Now Hearts need to get the foot down and pick up points. Third place is there for the taking, and we need to push on. Three points, please. Don't care how.

Motherwell have a good away record, but two of those wins were against the bottom two sides in the league, and I was at their opening day win away at St Mirren and they took a real doing that day. St Mirren were mugged.

You've still got to win those games, and points are points, but I don't think their away record is as intimidating as it looks on paper.

Really big game for Hearts.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts have muddled through the hard part in terms of dealing with a really tough fixture run with a lot of injuries. As my Honourable Friend above points out, this is our first home league game against non-OF opposition since fucking August.

Dead simple. Now Hearts need to get the foot down and pick up points. Third place is there for the taking, and we need to push on. Three points, please. Don't care how.

Tough fixture run you say. Since the end of August until we play St Johnstone the following weekend we will play and have played 9 league games and only 1 of those have been against a team with arguably a smaller budget in Ross County. We will have played Hearts, Celtic and United twice with Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs thrown in for good measure. So we know about tough fixtures. 

I genuinely believe the best I have seen us play this season was against Hearts and we lost 3-0 🤷‍♂️. The worst apparently was last week v United and we won 1-0. So with our away form and Hearts tough trip to Turkey I am hoping we shitfest our way to some kind of positive result. 

All that said we Well fans know Van Veen will have 8 shots and score none. Shields Will inexplicably miss from 1 yard out with an empty goal at his mercy. I say inexplicably but it is all too sadly explicable !

So probably a narrow Hearts win..

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Tough fixture run you say. Since the end of August until we play St Johnstone the following weekend we will play and have played 9 league games and only 1 of those have been against a team with arguably a smaller budget in Ross County. We will have played Hearts, Celtic and United twice with Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs thrown in for good measure. So we know about tough fixtures. 

I genuinely believe the best I have seen us play this season was against Hearts and we lost 3-0 🤷‍♂️. The worst apparently was last week v United and we won 1-0. So with our away form and Hearts tough trip to Turkey I am hoping we shitfest our way to some kind of positive result. 

All that said we Well fans know Van Veen will have 8 shots and score none. Shields Will inexplicably miss from 1 yard out with an empty goal at his mercy. I say inexplicably but it is all too sadly explicable !

So probably a narrow Hearts win..

Aye, tough fixtures.

Our run since St Johnstone at home in late August has been Livi (a), Basakshehir (h), Riga (a), Motherwell (a), Rangers (h), Fiorentina (h), Killie (a), Fiorentina (a), Aberdeen (a), Celtic (h), Riga (h), Ross County (a). We're in Turkey tonight.

A game every four and a bit days for two months with a massive injury list and five out of seven away from home in the league.

Motherwell were really unlucky in the last game at Fir Park. Not a chance that was a 3-0 game, but I suppose just one of those days. I'd have Hearts as slight favourites for Sunday, but as mentioned above I'd take three points any way at all. We've improved at piking up points coming from behind of late, so it'll be interesting to see if we start slowly again.

The fact that we came out of October still in touch with the Top 6 is something of a miracle given our injury/squad issues and the number of hard games in there - so that's something - and it feels like the league hasn't really settled down yet.

Having been at most away games, we have done reasonably well and having Hearts away in Turkey tonight could be a minor levelling factor too. As our neutral goal difference would suggest, we're not taking many doings this season - in fact Hearts are the only team to do it IIRC and we managed to create plenty of chances in that game (but our shite finishing was at it's most glaring that day).

Main issue here as ever is likely to be our inability to take fairly routine chances when they appear - Hearts might have one of the worst goals against in the league but I just can't see us taking advantage. 2-1 Hearts I think.

I think there's a good chance Halkett and or Rowles will be involved in some capacity on Sunday. Having a proper CH back in the team will be a huge lift if so. 

Playing today is obviously a factor as we've looked jaded quite a bit after midweek games, although our results haven't been all that bad, a few have been ground out. Hopefully we should have enough players back to mix it up a bit and freshen it up. Would be good to see Humphrys come back as an option and Snodgrass has been getting better every week so he'll likely start as well.

Any kind of win would be brilliant for us, I'll go for a sneaky 2-1.

I had Istanbul at -1, -2 and -3. Thankfully cashed out of both -2 and -3 early. 

Did not do that last night for Madrid and cost me £35 ! 

Anyways I was actually reasonably impressed by Hearts. A couple of silly goals aside they equipped themselves well. Then they bring on Shankland, Mackay and Ginnelly. Shows the size of the task we have on Sunday ! 

They have had injuries but they still have more strength in depth than most sides outside the old firm. We actually only have two fit out and out strikers and one of them is as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike. 

Comfortable home win……….does reverse psychology actually work……we shall see 🤞

Edited by welldaft

24 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I had Istanbul at -1, -2 and -3. Thankfully cashed out of both -2 and -3 early. 

Did not do that last night for Madrid and cost me £35 ! 

Anyways I was actually reasonably impressed by Hearts. A couple of silly goals aside they equipped themselves well. Then they bring on Shankland, Mackay and Ginnelly. Shows the size of the task we have on Sunday ! 

They have had injuries but they still have more strength in depth than most sides outside the old firm. We actually only have two fit out and out strikers and one of them is as much use as a ashtray on a motorbike. 

Comfortable home win……….does reverse psychology actually work……we shall see 🤞

Was surprised to see our subs. Didn't really see the point, but there you go.

14 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Hearts first Scottish Premiership home game against non-Old Firm since August.

Weird stat that one.

Rowles and Boyce (remember them?) scored in the last one. 

Rowles also broke his foot in that game and is due to return this weekend.

Our forward line is threadbare as it is but with KVV off form, Moult broken and Shields simply rubbish we’ll be doing well to get more than nil here. Hearts seems to have struggled from crosses/set pieces recently but with Rowles and Halkett potentially back I’d imagine that weakness will disappear fairly sharpish.

Looks like Hearts rested some players last night too so they’ll probably be fresher than we would have hoped after a trip to Turkey.
I’d happily take a point here but expect Hearts to win relatively comfortably. 2-0.