SSC and 5 Match Ticket

5 hours ago, Clangers said:

I am planning on joining on the 7th for me and my boy (15) how does it work with creating 2 accounts, can I register them together or do I need to get him a email address, do I link it to mine for buying tickets etc? Had real issues with our club season tickets and don’t want to have to replicate. Cheers

Each member needs a separate account, which once set up can be linked as friends and family.
When we first joined the SSC about 5 years ago I used the same email address to register both my account and my sons account. I've never changed that, and have even noticed that some of the emails start with
"Hi (my name) and (sons name)"
so they obviously realise both accounts share the same email address.

7 hours ago, Clangers said:

I am planning on joining on the 7th for me and my boy (15) how does it work with creating 2 accounts, can I register them together or do I need to get him a email address, do I link it to mine for buying tickets etc? Had real issues with our club season tickets and don’t want to have to replicate. Cheers

5 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think you'll need to create 2 accounts here so you'll probably need to set up an email address for your son if he doesn't have one.

https://tickets.scottishfa.co.uk/PagesPublic/Home/home.aspx

Then once both accounts are set up you input his account number into the family and friends section of 'Your Account' and then that means come the 7th you can buy the memberships for both of you by selecting an adult and junior membership and then when in your basket assign the junior membership to him and then select update basket before checking out. If you buy tickets for both of you on your account they'll send the email with the tickets to you so you don't need to worry about the email address you set up for your son.

I don't think he can buy his son's membership through his account. I couldn't buy my son's last week when I tried although he's listed and Friends and Family. To buy his I had to log in to his account and buy it on my card. You can buy tickets for linked friends and family but you don't seem to be able to buy their membership.

2 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:
Each member needs a separate account, which once set up can be linked as friends and family.
When we first joined the SSC about 5 years ago I used the same email address to register both my account and my sons account. I've never changed that, and have even noticed that some of the emails start with
"Hi (my name) and (sons name)"
so they obviously realise both accounts share the same email address.

Didn't appreciate that. I've got about 3 emails on the go anyway so I used a different one for my son's account which is a slight pest as it goes to a different PC which meant (see above) that I couldn't buy his membership renewal until I got home and logged in on my home PC.

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think he can buy his son's membership through his account. I couldn't buy my son's last week when I tried although he's listed and Friends and Family. To buy his I had to log in to his account and buy it on my card. You can buy tickets for linked friends and family but you don't seem to be able to buy their membership.

Didn't appreciate that. I've got about 3 emails on the go anyway so I used a different one for my son's account which is a slight pest as it goes to a different PC which meant (see above) that I couldn't buy his membership renewal until I got home and logged in on my home PC.

You can do, I renewed both mine and my friends last week. I selected the renewal option as quantity 2, then in the next screen you select them from the friends/linked members list and click update. Then you go to the payment screen.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

You can do, I renewed both mine and my friends last week. I selected the renewal option as quantity 2, then in the next screen you select them from the friends/linked members list and click update. Then you go to the payment screen.

Ah, thanks. As it said "Adult" in the type, it never occurred to me to select 2 in the quantity at that stage when the 2nd one was a Junior.

There are places where it's not the most user-friendly system!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ah, thanks. As it said "Adult" in the type, it never occurred to me to select 2 in the quantity at that stage when the 2nd one was a Junior.

There are places where it's not the most user-friendly system!

Yeah, totally agree. I only know this because I’ve been doing the ticket buying/renewing for my group for years now! 

What I’d say is that if you’ll be buying tickets etc for you both then go into the account before you go to buy tickets and link up the accounts (if you haven’t already). The system is a bit buggy when the tickets are released and there’s a lot of traffic on the site. The less you have to do when buying, the easier it is.

52 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah, totally agree. I only know this because I’ve been doing the ticket buying/renewing for my group for years now! 

What I’d say is that if you’ll be buying tickets etc for you both then go into the account before you go to buy tickets and link up the accounts (if you haven’t already). The system is a bit buggy when the tickets are released and there’s a lot of traffic on the site. The less you have to do when buying, the easier it is.

Yeah, they are linked and I've already bought the tickets.

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I was about to reply with to say the same thing but you beat me to it.
My mate had the same issue as Skyline Drifter so gave me the heads up, but when I logged in I used the procedure Jambomo has described and it worked fine in one transaction.

I second the advice to do all the linking of accounts prior to tickets going on sale as it makes the process for both much easier.

On 30/11/2022 at 19:46, Pie Of The Month said:

For SSC tickets you got a code from the SFA to use on the UEFA ticket portal to go on and buy your ticket and you couldn't get the ticket from the SSC allocation if you already got one for the same match from UEFA.  SSC tickets were also non-transferable on the app so you couldn't send them on unlike tickets bought through UEFA.

I had SSC tickets for all 3 games. The Corona quarantine rules at the time would have meant 10 days quarantine upon arrival to the UK and a further 10 days quarantine upon returning to Germany. So didn't travel.

I was able to transfer my tickets, required for the other person to install the app. Upon trying to activate with my details, the activation code would be sent to me by E-Mail. This was then texted and everything was OK. After the game the person then had to delete the app, and it was possible to then repeat the process with another person. 3 different people were able to attend using this method. My H96 supporting mate did the same. 

38 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Got my five-match ticket. First game is at 2pm on Saturday - Result! The other four are 7.45 on Tuesdays, including the probable hiding v Engerlundland.

Norway at home is a Sunday night which I only know as I just booked Georgia away and needed to get back in time for it.

16 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Got my five-match ticket. First game is at 2pm on Saturday - Result! The other four are 7.45 on Tuesdays, including the probable hiding v Engerlundland.

Strangely don’t mind the midweek games, but the 7.45pm on a Sunday isn’t sitting right with me at all for some reason even though it allows for a couple of pints in the afternoon. 

There’s also a lower league card on the day of the Cyprus game which is mildly annoying. 

On 03/12/2022 at 11:36, lubo_blaha said:

Strong numbers, although 12/13,000 haven’t renewed yet which is good news for those further down or not yet on the ladder.

I would expect a few more will renew today with new members

Ticket sales look to be selling very well since the new people could join today and buy 5 tickets.

There will be very little left for certain games when it goes on to general sale. 

Scotland tickets.JPG

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

South stand doesn’t ever seem to be on sale? Like no tickets available for almost all the games. 

Aye. Very frustrating that.

Despite being a SSC member, I bought a couple of tickets to the last few games, at short notice.  On each occasion, I was able to buy South Stand upper tickets.  Great view, comfy seats - suits me and my kids.  Happy to pay a bit extra to go there. 

Not an option now, so you have the choice of buying inferior tickets which wont suit the kids - or waiting till nearer the time and the matches selling out (which will obviously be the case Vs Spain and England.)  

Poor organising, although we shouldnt be surprised...

2 hours ago, vic kasule said:

Aye. Very frustrating that.

Despite being a SSC member, I bought a couple of tickets to the last few games, at short notice.  On each occasion, I was able to buy South Stand upper tickets.  Great view, comfy seats - suits me and my kids.  Happy to pay a bit extra to go there. 

Not an option now, so you have the choice of buying inferior tickets which wont suit the kids - or waiting till nearer the time and the matches selling out (which will obviously be the case Vs Spain and England.)  

Poor organising, although we shouldnt be surprised...

The reasoning behind it is, as always, down to cost.

They will only put South Upper on sale if the game is a guarenteed sell out like a Cup Final or England match.

If sales are going well for lesser fixtures they may decide to release those sections a week or two ahead of the match otherwise the SFA won't go to the expense of extra catering staff and additional stewards if a small number who may prefer the upper section might be acomodated in another part of the ground.

So you are correct -  it is a gamble to wait and see if South Upper becomes available and if not you have to choose from what is left below.

However there are currently South Upper available for the Spain and England games on the SFA site if you are quick.

Edited by Anfield 1977

2 hours ago, Anfield 1977 said:

The reasoning behind it is, as always, down to cost.

They will only put South Upper on sale if the game is a guarenteed sell out like a Cup Final or England match.

If sales are going well for lesser fixtures they may decide to release those sections a week or two ahead of the match otherwise the SFA won't go to the expense of extra catering staff and additional stewards if a small number who may prefer the upper section might be acomodated in another part of the ground.

So you are correct -  it is a gamble to wait and see if South Upper becomes available and if not you have to choose from what is left below.

However there are currently South Upper available for the Spain and England games on the SFA site if you are quick.

Since this post they've opened up sections of the South Upper for all 5 games.