SSC and 5 Match Ticket

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think it's one for renewing rather than joining. It must be something like that as there's 3.5k on 0 points in the supporters club or at least was at the last update prior to the renwal period.

Oh, that’s makes more sense. I noticed it when I renewed and just thought everyone got it.

20 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

For the inital ballot that's the case but there's more ballots after the draw and then one more again after the playoffs. They then have a sales period for tickets that were allocated in the ballot but not bought for whatever reason plus any returned from sponsors or either association if they didn't sell out their allocation.

I think with you both being on at least 6 points by this time next year, possibly more if that Ukraine game and the renewal point are included you'll be fine if we qualify. Away tickets have been a nightmare recently but the allocations have been low for most of them post COVID and those at the very top who go everywhere are always going to buy tickets regardless but you tend to find as soon as we get any allocations which are into the multiple thousands they drop through the points fairly quickly. Belgium away for example ended up dropping to all members and that allocation was over 4k. A major tournament will obviously mean more go but I don't think it'll be to the point where there's a lot of members struggling for tickets.

I managed to check my account there and I'm on 3 points. Presumably you don't get credit for the 5 match package until the games are actually played? I'm guessing my 3 are 1 for renewing, 1 for a long term loyalty bonus and 1 for Ukraine but I couldn't see anything to click to tell me why I had 3 points. I know there used to be.

Couldn't get into Juniors account as I can't recall his password (it's saved on my home PC but not on my work one, though I could buy his tickets as we're Friends and Family linked). Be surprised if he's not on 2 points though as I'm presuming he won't have the loyalty bonus.

I managed to check my account there and I'm on 3 points. Presumably you don't get credit for the 5 match package until the games are actually played? I'm guessing my 3 are 1 for renewing, 1 for a long term loyalty bonus and 1 for Ukraine but I couldn't see anything to click to tell me why I had 3 points. I know there used to be.
Couldn't get into Juniors account as I can't recall his password (it's saved on my home PC but not on my work one, though I could buy his tickets as we're Friends and Family linked). Be surprised if he's not on 2 points though as I'm presuming he won't have the loyalty bonus.

If you go onto your purchase history and click on any particular game then you can see if you’ve received a point for it.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye they'll add the point for the package after each game is played.

If we qualify, if junior is on 7 points this time next year and assuming there's similar numbers in the supporters club in each point category then he'd be in the top 15k of members out of 38k in terms of loyalty points. For an idea of allocations Wales got about 15-20% of capacity for their euro 2016 group games and the German stadia are mostly around the 50-55k capacity range other than the bigger ones in Munich, Berlin and Dortmund.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

If you go onto your purchase history and click on any particular game then you can see if you’ve received a point for it.

Aye, it does, but that's not telling me anything I didn't already know. I've got a point for the Ukraine game. It doesn't appear to tell you anywhere what you get for renewing. It definitely used to be possible to click something and get a list of your points and where they came from. That's how I knew there was a point for renewing. Not sure if they've removed it temporarily whilst we're in a transition period between memberships or if it's gone permanently.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Aye they'll add the point for the package after each game is played.

If we qualify, if junior is on 7 points this time next year and assuming there's similar numbers in the supporters club in each point category then he'd be in the top 15k of members out of 38k in terms of loyalty points. For an idea of allocations Wales got about 15-20% of capacity for their euro 2016 group games and the German stadia are mostly around the 50-55k capacity range other than the bigger ones in Munich, Berlin and Dortmund.

Thanks. I wasn't paying much attention for Euro 2020 as I knew I'd no chance of getting a ticket. How do they allocate out? Do people above a certain level get the chance to buy all three and then below a level it's only one game?

If he's 15,000th, he's not going to get a ticket for a game presumably if we get a maximum of 10,500 per game and they go to the highest 10,500 members each time (which I've no issue with).

I went to both Euro 96 and France 98 through the SSC (STC as it was then I think). I got tickets for all three games in England in 96 but only the Norway game for 98 through the Travel Club. I did manage to get the other two games anyway but not via my SSC membership.

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye, it does, but that's not telling me anything I didn't already know. I've got a point for the Ukraine game. It doesn't appear to tell you anywhere what you get for renewing. It definitely used to be possible to click something and get a list of your points and where they came from. That's how I knew there was a point for renewing. Not sure if they've removed it temporarily whilst we're in a transition period between memberships or if it's gone permanently.

Thanks. I wasn't paying much attention for Euro 2020 as I knew I'd no chance of getting a ticket. How do they allocate out? Do people above a certain level get the chance to buy all three and then below a level it's only one game?

If he's 15,000th, he's not going to get a ticket for a game presumably if we get a maximum of 10,500 per game and they go to the highest 10,500 members each time (which I've no issue with).

I went to both Euro 96 and France 98 through the SSC (STC as it was then I think). I got tickets for all three games in England in 96 but only the Norway game for 98 through the Travel Club. I did manage to get the other two games anyway but not via my SSC membership.

For the Euro 2020 all 3 games just went top down for each individual game so it started off at the points level for the number of tickets available for each game then dropped if some members didn't take their tickets. Someone can correct me if wrong but I think the Hampden games didn't drop at all unsurprisingly but the Wembley game maybe dropped down a point to 12 or 13 points. Bear in mind that was allocations of around 2k for Hampden and 2500k for Wembley. I bought Czech Republic and England through the SSC but got a UEFA ballot ticket for Croatia (may have mixed up which 1 of the 2 Hampden games I bought from the SSC and which from UEFA).

A bit of pedantry here but he wouldn't be 15,000th he'd be in the same boat as the 2700 on 7 points meaning there'd be 12,400 in front of him for 10.5k tickets in this scenario. It's extremely unlikely there won't be at least a few thousand ahead of him either sorted for tickets via UEFA, sponsors etc or who don't travel to Germany. For Ireland in June we got an allocation of 2500 and that dropped down to 12 points and there was over 4500 members with 12 points or more, I get a major tournament is a bigger draw for people but Ireland is easy enough to get to, was a big derby type game and still a decent number of people who could've bought tickets didn't bother and the % of people who don't bother increases as you drop down the points.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

For the Euro 2020 all 3 games just went top down for each individual game so it started off at the points level for the number of tickets available for each game then dropped if some members didn't take their tickets. Someone can correct me if wrong but I think the Hampden games didn't drop at all unsurprisingly but the Wembley game maybe dropped down a point to 12 or 13 points. Bear in mind that was allocations of around 2k for Hampden and 2500k for Wembley. I bought Czech Republic and England through the SSC but got a UEFA ballot ticket for Croatia (may have mixed up which 1 of the 2 Hampden games I bought from the SSC and which from UEFA).

A bit of pedantry here but he wouldn't be 15,000th he'd be in the same boat as the 2700 on 7 points meaning there'd be 12,400 in front of him for 10.5k tickets in this scenario. It's extremely unlikely there won't be at least a few thousand ahead of him either sorted for tickets via UEFA, sponsors etc or who don't travel to Germany. For Ireland in June we got an allocation of 2500 and that dropped down to 12 points and there was over 4500 members with 12 points or more, I get a major tournament is a bigger draw for people but Ireland is easy enough to get to, was a big derby type game and still a decent number of people who could've bought tickets didn't bother and the % of people who don't bother increases as you drop down the points.

Yeah, I understand all that but I'm still sceptical. Euro 2020 the membership list at that point wasn't off the back of a qualification or as much recent success. I imagine the membership list is bigger now and that more people have points to defend from recent campaigns and will go to away games in the upcoming one if they can (I don't think there's any likelihood of us doing so).

What's to stop members who already have UEFA tickets taking a second one to give to a mate rather than declining it? Germany's an easy trip for a support base who largely couldn't get tickets for Euro 2020 due to Covid and haven't had a chance to see another major tourney since I was last there in 98! I think demand will be higher than it was then and the number of members on more than 7 points will also be higher.

It is what it is though. It's right those people should get tickets first. Maybe I'll get lucky through UEFA. No point worrying about it unless we look like making it!

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye relatively painless but given I was in at 10:30 and wanted South Stand I was surprised at how little availability there was. Only one section in South Lower (West) - P2 and nothing at all in the back half of it. Only one pair of seats available further back than the first 10 rows too. Clearly they only open up one section at a time in each area but I assume they don't make all seats available for it either? Surely can't have sold the rest of the P2 out to that extent in that time?

Like you, I wanted the South Stand and was also shocked at the availability. I got in at 10:03, and there was nothing for either available South Stand section in the back 8-10 rows. I like to stand, so wanted near the back. 

Ended up going for the North Stand instead, grudgingly. I know I sound like a moaning c**t, but I hate that even if you secure a good seat near the middle sections in the back row in the North, other people literally just stand right behind you and gather in a big crowd on the walkway. They never go near their seats. They just walk round to the middle sections and stand there behind people. Why do the stewards allow that? Any other ground, you have to go to your seat.

1 hour ago, Calayrdonia said:

Like you, I wanted the South Stand and was also shocked at the availability. I got in at 10:03, and there was nothing for either available South Stand section in the back 8-10 rows.

How is that even possible at 10:03? They clearly aren't even releasing whole rows.

One of the two reasons I go for South Stand generally is usually folk dont stand up during the game in there. I dont pay for a fecking seat to have to stand in front of it to see anything! Especially when I'm with my 4ft tall son. We had to go to West Stand for the Ukraine game as there were no pairs of seats available in the South. The guys in front of us were decent at trying to make sure he could see to be fair to them but its not ideal. 

Glad you're in the North 😛

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What's to stop members who already have UEFA tickets taking a second one to give to a mate rather than declining it?

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't know how it worked, but there was supposed to be some system in place to prevent that for the Euros.

For SSC tickets you got a code from the SFA to use on the UEFA ticket portal to go on and buy your ticket and you couldn't get the ticket from the SSC allocation if you already got one for the same match from UEFA.  SSC tickets were also non-transferable on the app so you couldn't send them on unlike tickets bought through UEFA.

1 hour ago, Calayrdonia said:

Like you, I wanted the South Stand and was also shocked at the availability. I got in at 10:03, and there was nothing for either available South Stand section in the back 8-10 rows. I like to stand, so wanted near the back. 

Ended up going for the North Stand instead, grudgingly. I know I sound like a moaning c**t, but I hate that even if you secure a good seat near the middle sections in the back row in the North, other people literally just stand right behind you and gather in a big crowd on the walkway. They never go near their seats. They just walk round to the middle sections and stand there behind people. Why do the stewards allow that? Any other ground, you have to go to your seat.

My biggest gripe is that they don’t seem to sell the package tickets for the central upper South Stand, which in my opinion is the best view in the ground.

I ended up buying them in the end section above the visiting fans last time. My son then managed to get tickets for the central section for the Ireland game when they released more tickets a few weeks before the game.

I am thinking of buying tickets on an individual game basis this time. 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

How is that even possible at 10:03? They clearly aren't even releasing whole rows.

One of the two reasons I go for South Stand generally is usually folk dont stand up during the game in there. I dont pay for a fecking seat to have to stand in front of it to see anything! Especially when I'm with my 4ft tall son. We had to go to West Stand for the Ukraine game as there were no pairs of seats available in the South. The guys in front of us were decent at trying to make sure he could see to be fair to them but its not ideal. 

Glad you're in the North 😛

I e-mailed asking about lack of availability and was told that all South Stand sections (bar 3) were reserved for VIP, players, family of players etc. Can only assume the back rows of certain sections also is included in that because there's no way every seat in 10 rows sold out in 3 minutes.

With regards to standing, I just prefer it to watch football, but I only ever stand if I'm in the very back row which is why I always try and get it. If I don't get the back row, I don't stand. ;)

Edited by Calayrdonia

24 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

I e-mailed asking about lack of availability and was told that all South Stand sections (bar 3) were reserved for VIP, players, family of players etc. Can only assume the back rows of certain sections also is included in that because there's no way every seat in 10 rows sold out in 3 minutes.

With regards to standing, I just prefer it to watch football, but I only ever stand if I'm in the very back row which is why I always try and get it. If I don't get the back row, I don't stand. ;)

Every SFA member club gets 6 tickets for South Stand to buy if they want too, which is a lot of tickets. Presumably those not taken up are released for resale late on but by then the most loyal fans are already sorted out. Dont know how you sort that to be honest. Unless they make clubs order tickets before the SSC.

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Every SFA member club gets 6 tickets for South Stand to buy if they want too, which is a lot of tickets. Presumably those not taken up are released for resale late on but by then the most loyal fans are already sorted out. Dont know how you sort that to be honest. Unless they make clubs order tickets before the SSC.

Wow, I didn’t realise that they each got as many as 6. That explains virtually the whole lower stand being unavailable.

I think you hit the nail on the head, to be honest. Give them the option first and then sell what’s not wanted. Because all the Supporters Club members will have bought by the time they will be made available which is ridiculous. I can only assume they are given quite a long time to decide if they want them or not which is why you often see them offered close to game dates.

Both stands give the best view, but I just don’t overly like the North for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

Wow, I didn’t realise that they each got as many as 6. That explains virtually the whole lower stand being unavailable.

I think you hit the nail on the head, to be honest. Give them the option first and then sell what’s not wanted. Because all the Supporters Club members will have bought by the time they will be made available which is ridiculous. I can only assume they are given quite a long time to decide if they want them or not which is why you often see them offered close to game dates.

Both stands give the best view, but I just don’t overly like the North for some reason.

I'm not sure it's as many as all that. I'm not sure how far down the ladder it goes. There's 102 Licensed club as of 2021. That's only 600 or so tickets. That's only about one section in the South Lower (although I'm sure they use the back part of several, they don't give clubs front row tickets). Chances are the players get more than that between a 25 man squad. Although it may go beyond just those who are licensed for all I know.

Clubs don't get asked what they want until about 3 weeks before the game as it stands. I've used tickets I've got through QoS in the past rather than order through my own account because it was easier and I knew at the time points were irrelevant to me. Problem with clubs is they are never going to get asked to commit to a 5 match package to get tickets. That's just not practical as officials / managers change so often. So if you are going to make 5 match packages available to the SSC then you have to assume they'll take up their ticket allocation in full I guess. Same will be true for players families / friends. I don't know for sure but I'd imagine players can probably buy at least a dozen each if they want them. There will be a load of debenture holders floating about entitled to seats too.

I am planning on joining on the 7th for me and my boy (15) how does it work with creating 2 accounts, can I register them together or do I need to get him a email address, do I link it to mine for buying tickets etc? Had real issues with our club season tickets and don’t want to have to replicate. Cheers

2 hours ago, Clangers said:

I am planning on joining on the 7th for me and my boy (15) how does it work with creating 2 accounts, can I register them together or do I need to get him a email address, do I link it to mine for buying tickets etc? Had real issues with our club season tickets and don’t want to have to replicate. Cheers

I think you'll need to create 2 accounts here so you'll probably need to set up an email address for your son if he doesn't have one.

https://tickets.scottishfa.co.uk/PagesPublic/Home/home.aspx

Then once both accounts are set up you input his account number into the family and friends section of 'Your Account' and then that means come the 7th you can buy the memberships for both of you by selecting an adult and junior membership and then when in your basket assign the junior membership to him and then select update basket before checking out. If you buy tickets for both of you on your account they'll send the email with the tickets to you so you don't need to worry about the email address you set up for your son.

I think you'll need to create 2 accounts here so you'll probably need to set up an email address for your son if he doesn't have one.

https://tickets.scottishfa.co.uk/PagesPublic/Home/home.aspx

Then once both accounts are set up you input his account number into the family and friends section of 'Your Account' and then that means come the 7th you can buy the memberships for both of you by selecting an adult and junior membership and then when in your basket assign the junior membership to him and then select update basket before checking out. If you buy tickets for both of you on your account they'll send the email with the tickets to you so you don't need to worry about the email address you set up for your son.

Thanks for that info