SSC and 5 Match Ticket

Presuming all tickets go on general sale, and it's likely they will, its cheaper to buy individual match tickets as a non-member than to renew (or join) and get the 5 match package.

Even with the membership no financial benefit to paying up front for the 5 games.

I quite like having my seat for the 5 game so I'll probably get it but it's not great.

Not the SFAs fault but just one Saturday game has me swithering too.

I'm sure ill be glad I secured my seat when we pump Norway to secure 1st place next November.

The SSC is generally only ever going to be a guaranteed worthwhile investment for people who go to away games, since it's the only legitimate way to secure those tickets. However, it does have other benefits in terms of stuff like free entry to women's and youth games, and obviously priority for tickets for the Euros if we do make it.

It's definitely still run as a way of getting away tickets which I think misses a trick given the vast majority won't be interested/won't get near tickets and its an opportunity to have 30k tickets already sold for games which might be dead rubbers.

They're as well to ride it whilst games look like selling out but I wonder if they have looked at commercial tie ins like discount rail travel or hotels to make it a bit more appealing.

TBF I saved about 60 quid buying 4 tops across the life of the last SSC membership.

Myself and a couple mates were considering getting memberships, having not renewed a few years back due to work commitments getting in the way of making games.

I assume it will be at the turn of the year that memberships go on sale?

There's still 3 Nations League games against top sides, another potential friendly in October 2023, potential euro 2024 playoffs if we don't finish in the top 2 in qualifying to get the £5 discount on tickets. If you go to all the games anyway then essentially the £5 discount per ticket just pays for your membership and then anything else you use it for is a bonus.

I get more benefit out of it than most since I go to most away games but tbh I think the £45 is worth it just to have a pick of the better seats in the North stand on the opening day of the members sale which are all gone before any public sale.

19 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Myself and a couple mates were considering getting memberships, having not renewed a few years back due to work commitments getting in the way of making games.

I assume it will be at the turn of the year that memberships go on sale?

7th December it opens up to new members.

17 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

There's still 3 Nations League games against top sides, another potential friendly in October 2023, potential euro 2024 playoffs if we don't finish in the top 2 in qualifying to get the £5 discount on tickets. If you go to all the games anyway then essentially the £5 discount per ticket just pays for your membership and then anything else you use it for is a bonus.

I get more benefit out of it than most since I go to most away games but tbh I think the £45 is worth it just to have a pick of the better seats in the North stand on the opening day of the members sale which are all gone before any public sale.

7th December it opens up to new members.

TBF I had completely overlooked its 23/24 and not just 2023.

I'd delete the thread but I'll find something else to moan about 

It's definitely still run as a way of getting away tickets which I think misses a trick given the vast majority won't be interested/won't get near tickets and its an opportunity to have 30k tickets already sold for games which might be dead rubbers.
They're as well to ride it whilst games look like selling out but I wonder if they have looked at commercial tie ins like discount rail travel or hotels to make it a bit more appealing.
TBF I saved about 60 quid buying 4 tops across the life of the last SSC membership.
I saved £150 by getting myself, the wife and my boy the new Scotland top in Turkey last month [emoji28][emoji16][emoji56]

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think the £45 is worth it just to have a pick of the better seats in the North stand on the opening day of the members sale which are all gone before any public sale.

As someone who doesn't really make any away games now this is the only reason I renew and it's 100% worth it for this alone. 

It was much better value the last time, the tickets worked out to be cheaper I think. That said I like having a guaranteed seat and I want to try and go to an away game, so I’ll still join up. It’s a bit frustrating though.

53 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It was much better value the last time, the tickets worked out to be cheaper I think. That said I like having a guaranteed seat and I want to try and go to an away game, so I’ll still join up. It’s a bit frustrating though.

4 match package last time was £92 North/South and £72 East/West for Armenia, Ireland and Ukraine x 2 so £7 more per game this time round for the package and £5 more per ticket if buying matches individually. Away games other than Georgia might be a struggle for anyone on low points although if Spain choose a big stadium that might drop points a bit too. Nations League A in 2024 should be decent for away trips since we should be playing big sides who'll give us a decent allocation.

If we qualify for euro 2024 the membership should be justified for that alone for that as if we're getting allocations of 10k+ in Germany near enough any member who wants a ticket will get one.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/11/2022 at 09:45, Pie Of The Month said:

If we qualify for euro 2024 the membership should be justified for that alone for that as if we're getting allocations of 10k+ in Germany near enough any member who wants a ticket will get one.

There was over 30,000 members last year.

This is a very minor bug, but I hate when renewing my SSC that the dropdown menu for 'country' when you key in your address only gives the option 'United Kingdom', not 'Scotland'. Some dropdown menus do enable you to pick Scotland. I almost decided to put 'Senegal', as the nearest alphabetically. With the postcode mailings would still reach me.

47 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

There was over 30,000 members last year.

Yes and plenty of members will get tickets through the UEFA general sale ballot meaning they don't need tickets out of the SSC allocation and there'll be plenty who won't travel to Germany. Very few members who want to go should miss out.

To be honest I pay the annual membership as much out of habit / misguided loyalty as anything else. I've been a member since the early 90's despite threatening on several occasions not to renew. I always have.

With family commitments I haven't been to an away game since 2000 and if you aren't going to away games, it's basically just a donation to the SFA for the spurious benefit of getting 1st dibs on your chosen seat which, as I generally prefer the South Stand, doesn't usually go all that quickly anyway. Granted it's worth it with the current surge but or most of the last 20 years I could get my chosen seating area by waiting to a public sale.

UEFA / FIFA's moving to a circumstance where games take place across a 4 day window meaning that they are not always Wednesday / Saturday hasn't helped either. I've had child commitments for years which mean I can't attend games on Mondays or Thursdays which effectively rules me out of buying a multi game package as there is always at least one of them on a day that isn't suitable.

However, with my youngest now old enough to potentially attend midweek games in Glasgow even on a school night, and getting into following Scotland now I'm going to get a 5 game package for the 2 of us this time round. If we get there I'll potentially try to get the two of us tickets for Germany too, though given neither of us has any away ticket history I'm not sure how viable that will be.

Relatively painless getting the 5 match package this morning other than shelling out £300 for 2 of them just before Christmas.

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

However, with my youngest now old enough to potentially attend midweek games in Glasgow even on a school night, and getting into following Scotland now I'm going to get a 5 game package for the 2 of us this time round. If we get there I'll potentially try to get the two of us tickets for Germany too, though given neither of us has any away ticket history I'm not sure how viable that will be.

Assuming your youngest is starting off on 0 points then the package will have them on 5 points before the euros (and potentially 6 or 7 points if we have to go through playoffs and get home ties and you go to them). Members obviously move up and down but 5 points already puts someone above about 16k of the 38k members. The euros I believe you needed 15 points for the Hampden games and 13 points for the Wembley game and those allocations were 2-2500 due to the COVID capacity limits, if we're getting 10-15k allocations in Germany I don't see tickets being an issue for any member planning on going over once you factor in people like you were yourself who are members but don't bother with any away games. Plus you and your youngest will have as much chance as anyone in the UEFA ballot too.

14 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Relatively painless getting the 5 match package this morning other than shelling out £300 for 2 of them just before Christmas.

Assuming your youngest is starting off on 0 points then the package will have them on 5 points before the euros (and potentially 6 or 7 points if we have to go through playoffs and get home ties and you go to them). Members obviously move up and down but 5 points already puts someone above about 16k of the 38k members. The euros I believe you needed 15 points for the Hampden games and 13 points for the Wembley game and those allocations were 2-2500 due to the COVID capacity limits, if we're getting 10-15k allocations in Germany I don't see tickets being an issue for any member planning on going over once you factor in people like you were yourself who are members but don't bother with any away games. Plus you and your youngest will have as much chance as anyone in the UEFA ballot too.

Aye relatively painless but given I was in at 10:30 and wanted South Stand I was surprised at how little availability there was. Only one section in South Lower (West) - P2 and nothing at all in the back half of it. Only one pair of seats available further back than the first 10 rows too. Clearly they only open up one section at a time in each area but I assume they don't make all seats available for it either? Surely can't have sold the rest of the P2 out to that extent in that time?

Also spent some confusing minutes trying to work out why it was charging me an Adult price for him (he's a Junior) before giving up and just pressing buy now thinking I could speak to them about it later only for it to amend the price to a Junior one at the payment stage. I think that could have been made clearer. I dropped the things from my basket initially and went back to try again thinking I hadn't picked something properly.

I think we'll both be on whatever the next to minimum total is. I know you get a point for joining but presumably everyone has that so not sure what the point of it is. I can't get in to check points at the moment due to demand on the site obviously but I think I have some sort of multi year loyalty point too. Presumably Junior doesn't as it's his 2nd membership unless you get it for 1st renewal. We both bought for the Ukraine playoff match but weren't at the Nations League games due to timing of them. His only previous game was the England 2-2 one in 2017 which is not only well out of date but we got tickets through the football club rather than our own memberships so weren't credited to us anyway.

Appreciate beggars can't be choosers but I suspect the chances of getting tickets for more than one game in Germany at best will be low. Certainly via the SSC anyway.  I've never tried to buy tickets in a UEFA ballot before. Do you not have to commit to them before you know who is playing in the games?

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Appreciate beggars can't be choosers but I suspect the chances of getting tickets for more than one game in Germany at best will be low. Certainly via the SSC anyway.  I've never tried to buy tickets in a UEFA ballot before. Do you not have to commit to them before you know who is playing in the games?

For the inital ballot that's the case but there's more ballots after the draw and then one more again after the playoffs. They then have a sales period for tickets that were allocated in the ballot but not bought for whatever reason plus any returned from sponsors or either association if they didn't sell out their allocation.

I think with you both being on at least 6 points by this time next year, possibly more if that Ukraine game and the renewal point are included you'll be fine if we qualify. Away tickets have been a nightmare recently but the allocations have been low for most of them post COVID and those at the very top who go everywhere are always going to buy tickets regardless but you tend to find as soon as we get any allocations which are into the multiple thousands they drop through the points fairly quickly. Belgium away for example ended up dropping to all members and that allocation was over 4k. A major tournament will obviously mean more go but I don't think it'll be to the point where there's a lot of members struggling for tickets.

40 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I think you get a point for joining the supporters club as well, so it would be 6 points.

I think it's one for renewing rather than joining. It must be something like that as there's 3.5k on 0 points in the supporters club or at least was at the last update prior to the renwal period.