Staggies v Buddies - 05/11/22

3 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

What an impact the young lad is making. Purrington had looked so solid & steady but Harmon adds so much to the attack, fantastic for him to get the goal/winner yesterday.

He also has a bit of character about him.  He was giving Iacovitti what-for over a thrown, and at one point was yelling at the linesman “that’s a long effing three minutes”.  

Given Purrington is going to be out quite a while (he’s still on crutches and one of those moon boot things) we are actually pretty well off at full back.  It’s a rare, rare thing. 

3 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

That would make Baccus a waste of a jersey as well then? The harsh part is the language used to single out Erhahon after a couple of games in which he hasn’t played to the standards he did earlier in the season. 

I’d agree my language was harsh in describing Erhahon as a waste of a jersey. He’s got so much ability but can’t seem to find consistency to his game. My main gripe is that he completely falls out of games and doesn’t appear to do any of the basics in an effort to help the team. 
Of course he’s not alone and as a collective the team and manager have lost their way somewhat in recent games away from home.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He also has a bit of character about him.  He was giving Iacovitti what-for over a thrown, and at one point was yelling at the linesman “that’s a long effing three minutes”.  

He's only 21 too, it's great to see the freedom he plays with. I know a bit has been discussed about three or four at the back but it was George Harmon who was owning that whole left side for us, defensively and offensively. 

That's only ½ a dozen matches he's played in the 1st team, yesterday was his FIRST full 90 minutes!! I'd say get an extended contract in front of him asap.

Also, to add I'm glad our players are having a go at each other about our throw in, as our throw ins are too slow and frequently end up putting ourselves in trouble. The coaching team need to work more on this aspect imo.

Ethan has a great left foot. I doubt any Buddie would disagree on that. However defensively he lacks so much. He doesn't track runners, mark, or close the opposition down. And is easy to get past on his right side as he has to turn his whole body round. He is also reactive and rarely pro-active. His attitude and workrate have improved no end this season but he has to improve his game awareness when we don't have the ball.

" userid="81095"] Ooft [emoji1751]

In fairness, Tillson had been off it for a wee while prior to yesterday. I think he’d been trying too hard, doing Cancola’s running as well as his own. However, having Loturi beside him allows him to venture further forward and keep his discipline knowing he’s got someone beside him willing to graft like f**k too (not saying Cancola doesn’t, just that Loturi has a better engine). HAS to be the midfield three that we continue with going forward.

34 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

He's only 21 too, it's great to see the freedom he plays with. I know a bit has been discussed about three or four at the back but it was George Harmon who was owning that whole left side for us, defensively and offensively. 

That's only ½ a dozen matches he's played in the 1st team, yesterday was his FIRST full 90 minutes!! I'd say get an extended contract in front of him asap.

Also, to add I'm glad our players are having a go at each other about our throw in, as our throw ins are too slow and frequently end up putting ourselves in trouble. The coaching team need to work more on this aspect imo.

Yeah, the only real negative was the lack of anything coming from the left side of attack, other than Harmon.   Hiwula started off there, and barely got a touch before going up top, where he was much more effective.  Unless Dhanda went out there - which he sometimes did, to be fair - it meant Harmon was doing a power of work with very little help.   Fortunately, St Mirren had absolutely zero attacking width, but up against teams with wide players and full backs, yesterday’s hybrid formation really won’t work.  

Seemingly they paid money for Harmon - I could quite honestly see him moving on for an enhanced fee either at Christmas or next summer.  

First game I really missed this season due to other commitments and we actually won something.

23 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Seemingly they paid money for Harmon - I could quite honestly see him moving on for an enhanced fee either at Christmas or next summer.  

If he can work on his crosses a bit he'll have suitors. I think he's a considerably better all round player than Josh Reid.

When looking for more stats to fuel my pro-Dhanda propaganda, I noticed just how little Gogic was involved in the match. His defensive numbers are similar to the rest of the back five. However he touched the ball considerably less than the others (18 touches compared to 46 by Dunne on the other side of the back three).

His passing stats though: ooft.

Spoiler

1920229541_StMirrendefence.JPG.cb5411795b4af1c09eb05aaa1508cbdd.JPG

County's passing accuracy % among the centre-backs was a good 10% greater (collectively) than in Paisley.  Having a back three and Loturi in front of them forming a diamond allowed them to pass through Main and Ayunga, which was a massive contrast to when Main and Ayunga harried the back-line in Paisley.

Edited by bunglebonce

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

When looking for more stats to fuel my pro-Dhanda propaganda, I noticed just how little Gogic was involved in the match. His defensive numbers are similar to the rest of the back five. However he touched the ball considerably less than the others (18 touches compared to 46 by Dunne on the other side of the back three).

His passing stats though: ooft.

Reveal hidden contents

1920229541_StMirrendefence.JPG.cb5411795b4af1c09eb05aaa1508cbdd.JPG

County's passing accuracy % among the centre-backs was a good 10% greater (collectively) than in Paisley.  Having a back three and Loturi in front of them forming a diamond allowed them to pass through Main and Ayunga, which was a massive contrast to when Main and Ayunga harried the back-line in Paisley.

I don’t think your pro Dhanda propaganda (propadhanda, surely?) needs any fuel.  Despite being as lightweight as you’ll find, he’s the centre of absolutely any creative control the team has. He’s gallus, has vision and works his socks off.  He’s everything Harry Paton should have been.  I’m a huge fan. 

Also, what was with the St Mirren guy holding on to him for what seemed like two minutes?  I can only assume he was trying to get him to swing an arm and get sent off.   Whatever, Dhanda just laughed at him.  I enjoyed that. 

1 hour ago, yoda said:

Sounds like Harmon is finally our version of literally every player ICT picked up from the English Papa John's leagues. 

He's the player I wanted Ben Frempah to be.

Remember Inih Effiong?

At the age of 31 he has now played for 20 different clubs.

19 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Remember Inih Effiong?

At the age of 31 he has now played for 20 different clubs.

I still refuse to believe that transfer was on the level.  He was so bad it’s hard to believe a professional scout thought otherwise. 

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I still refuse to believe that transfer was on the level.  He was so bad it’s hard to believe a professional scout thought otherwise. 

If you're ever struggling to understand a County signing, look for their born-again Christian quotes

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2147800/ross-county-inih-effiong-prison-jail-crazy-life-football-focus-behind-bars/

17 hours ago, AndyX said:

If you're ever struggling to understand a County signing, look for their born-again Christian quotes

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2147800/ross-county-inih-effiong-prison-jail-crazy-life-football-focus-behind-bars/

If there ever was a signing to sum up our batshit "good religious man" Owen Coyle period, Effiong was it.