Staggies v Buddies - 05/11/22

We have been dug shit for weeks, let’s not kid ourselves on. Baccus form has dipped and Erhahon is just a waste of a jersey at present. 

Gogic is not a centre back and Fraser is miles off it. Dunne was also rank rotten today. Combine all these players off their game with a manager who won’t change a system that doesn’t work, and you have a team sliding back to the bottom 6.

The fact that Shaughnessy isn’t walking into that defensive line up is also a problem.

Firstly, hats off to County, a well deserved win.

That said this was a truly inept exhibition from Saints who only  started to play football in the last 10 mins when we finally tried to keep the ball on the deck.
Performances like this will see us in bottom six/relegation fight in no time.
Gogic is NOT a centre half - accommodate him in midfield where his talents lie.
If we're going with 3 centre halves then Shaughnessy should be included .
Playing 2 up away from home doesn't work. This needs changed.
Dunne is NOT Beckenbauer, his 50 yard crossfield passes are a complete waste of possession.
The tactic of booting the ball as far away from our goal as possible isn't proving successful. 
Give Grieve a start, he deserves it.

17 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Baccus being described as a form dip yet Erhahon described as a waste of a jersey is extremely harsh. Some things never change. 

Totally agree . I like Robinson but bloody he'll Shaughnessy who is obviously being punted sitting on the bench week in week out a natural centre back replaced with midfielder Gogic.  Forget Cyprus we are Saints Gogic should not be a central back with such a good central defender on the bench . Rangers will murder us next week if Robinson sticks to the same defence.   We should also switch to one up front for away games.  Would love to know Robinson mind set for away games. 

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Baccus being described as a form dip yet Erhahon described as a waste of a jersey is extremely harsh. Some things never change. 

Baccus was not in the game last week at Hibs, same again today. Erhahon completely missing in both games. It might be harsh but it’s true. 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Baccus was not in the game last week at Hibs, same again today. Erhahon completely missing in both games. It might be harsh but it’s true. 

With players pulling out of the WC, I hope Baccus isn’t holding back in games to make sure he is available.

As for Ethan🤷🏻‍♂️ He seems to do this, great form then disappears for weeks. He will need to find consistency if he is going to push on.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

With players pulling out of the WC, I hope Baccus isn’t holding back in games to make sure he is available.

As for Ethan🤷🏻‍♂️ He seems to do this, great form then disappears for weeks. He will need to find consistency if he is going to 

What is a players peak.  27/ 29 Ethon is 21 ffs  get a grip you and the rest of you clowns.  Yes changes are needed Ethan will move on to a much bigger club than St Mirren because he is good..  we are still punching above our weight we are a small club in premiership standards . 

Very encouraging signs today. For me, Loturi is being talked up a bit much here, he had a fair few simple passes that he over/under hit and lost possession in a couple of significant moments, although he was also getting stuck in well defensively and involved in build up offensively. Maybe just a bit of polish/composure needed? Thought cancola looked decent when he came on, and impressed with Dhanda (who plays so low to the ground he's practically bent double). 

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

What is a players peak.  27/ 29 Ethon is 21 ffs  get a grip you and the rest of you clowns.  Yes changes are needed Ethan will move on to a much bigger club than St Mirren because he is good..  we are still punching above our weight we are a small club in premiership standards . 

Hopefully you delete this when you sober up. There is no need for your drunken abuse Iain.

As for Ethan being 21, he has played almost 90 1st team games for St Mirren, unless we are going to be the pinnacle of his career he needs to kick on.

Edited by Torfason

9 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

That would make Baccus a waste of a jersey as well then? The harsh part is the language used to single out Erhahon after a couple of games in which he hasn’t played to the standards he did earlier in the season. 

11 hours ago, central staggie said:

Think we are talking about the same player - Victor Loturi - not Akio.

Yeah.  I was having a brain fart.  Loturi looks raw but composed.  I’ve heard it said Tillson hides a bit - but yesterday Loturi was the one sitting and coming short and Tillson was pushing up.   Akio looks as if he’s a power runner but a bit of a headless chicken at this point.  

A fantastic free kick from the st mirren lad aside there offered very little.

from our point of view we deserved the win and I have been pleasantly surprised by hiwula and dhanda in the last two games they’ve both been good , our midfield is hard to judge I think they are battlers but fairly mediocre , defence brilliant once again (barring what looked like a laidlaw clanger for the 2nd), great 3 points that I wasn’t expecting