Aberdeen v Hibernian

11 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

It's like taking candy from a baby, when Leith Green bites

He's usually fairly sensible.

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Dry your eyes you bitter wee c**t 😆

Porteous always gets booed & always will, because he’s a Grade A c**t. 

:lol:

11 hours ago, Reina said:

We were pish in the first half. Can’t decide if we were good in the second half, or if Hibs were dogshit. Either way, Leith Green’s meltdown on this thread has been absolutely glorious.

Top notch

11 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Usually a good poster. Handsome Jim is in his head though. Must only last a few seconds when he's pumping.

Correct

11 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Leith Green wins the award for the biggest meltdown seen on P&B this year!

He will be rocking in a chair repeating the name Jim Goodwin

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

He wasn't offside, so why is it nonsense? I don't understand your point.

Aye, a bit confused about that myself

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

He's normally one of the good guys on here. Presumably he thought Hibs would win easily tonight and hasn't dealt with the reality too well.

He is

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

1-3

Glad to get that spectacularly wrong!

25 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

He's usually fairly sensible.

Top notch

Correct

Aye, a bit confused about that myself

He is

Glad to get that spectacularly wrong!

Thanks.

As I mentioned when this thread was started, I was out on the peeve and just got in to watch from about 15 mins in 😬.

In hindsight, that was a mistake (on more than one level), and I should have just gone to my scratcher.

Having said that, on the penalty decision - any fan on the end of that one (especially after VAR looked at it) would be raging................although I really shouldnt have bit tbqhwy.

I am away to do something useful, enjoy the rest of your weekend auld yin 👍.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Thanks.

As I mentioned when this thread was started, I was out on the peeve and just got in to watch from about 15 mins in 😬.

In hindsight, that was a mistake (on more than one level), and I should have just gone to my scratcher.

Having said that, on the penalty decision - any fan on the end of that one (especially after VAR looked at it) would be raging................although I really shouldnt have bit tbqhwy.

I am away to do something useful, enjoy the rest of your weekend auld yin 👍.

I surmised as much! :lol:

5 hours ago, St. Jude said:

It’s definitely an issue. 18 goals in 14 league games so far, in comparison Aberdeen have scored 27 in 13.

Without Boyle playing there’s nobody in an attacking position that will try to run in behind defences. I thought Hibs were good in the first half but the entire game was played in front of the Aberdeen defence. Nice build up play that eventually ended up with the ball being floated in towards big Myko in the hope he would win a header.

You can see what Hibs are trying to do. Control the game. The wide men get in to a good position but then it's a numbers game. Needing a top SPFL level centre mid to break or a forward with the movement, size and finishing to take advantage. Both are beyond most of the budgets up here. Unless they come from the youth system of course.

Not to go all stats w****r but the xG would be interesting to see. Hibs had more shots but Newell had two or three that were pretty desperate.

Edited by Merkland Red
Top class centre mid was a bit much 😂

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Not to go all stats w****r but the xG would be interesting to see

I said to a mate this morning that our xG will look brilliant, but our G is garbage.

Not just in that match last night either. We have been dominating matches territorially and possession wise, without any cutting edge.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I said to a mate this morning that our xG will look brilliant, but our G is garbage.

Not just in that match last night either. We have been dominating matches territorially and possession wise, without any cutting edge.

I'm talking about xG in comparison to the amount of shots you have. There was quite a few shots from Hibs but not much clear cut apart from the goal.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm talking about xG in comparison to the amount of shots you have. There was quite a few shots from Hibs but not much clear cut apart from the goal.

Got you, tbh I dont really know how this pish is calculated but I know what you mean about clear cut chances etc.

If only we had a Random St Johnstone fan to tell us...............

Aberdeen have some record from Friday night, can't remember us not winning in the last 10 years. Also have some record against Hibs at pittodrie that we haven't lost in 10 years with a crowd.

I thought Aberdeen was very poor yet we won 4-1. Never had a grip on midfield at any time, was impressed with Hibs going forward. Good to see us set-up 5 at the back in the second half than the errors we made at Ibrox.

I think we need to go back to a back 4 as I would prefer McCrorie in midfield.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

You can see what Hibs are trying to do. Control the game. The wide men get in to a good position but then it's a numbers game. Needing a top SPFL level centre mid to break or a forward with the movement, size and finishing to take advantage. Both are beyond most of the budgets up here. Unless they come from the youth system of course.

Not to go all stats w****r but the xG would be interesting to see. Hibs had more shots but Newell had two or three that were pretty desperate.

Aberdeen 2.08 - 1.41 Hibs.

Unfortunately I don't have the values for each shot, but some additional contextual information

average shot distance 

Aberdeen 13m 

Hibs 20.5m

and average xG per shot to save everyone the hassle was

Aberdeen 0.3 

Hibs 0.09

51 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Aberdeen have some record from Friday night, can't remember us not winning in the last 10 years. Also have some record against Hibs at pittodrie that we haven't lost in 10 years with a crowd.

I thought Aberdeen was very poor yet we won 4-1. Never had a grip on midfield at any time, was impressed with Hibs going forward. Good to see us set-up 5 at the back in the second half than the errors we made at Ibrox.

I think we need to go back to a back 4 as I would prefer McCrorie in midfield.

Poor is harsh, IMO. First half we weren't great. Second half we were happy to go direct and quick then gamble on the second ball and I can't remember us not winning much.

Hibs played it around well but everything was in front of the back 3.

31 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Aberdeen 2.08 - 1.41 Hibs.

Unfortunately I don't have the values for each shot, but some additional contextual information

average shot distance 

Aberdeen 13m 

Hibs 20.5m

and average xG per shot to save everyone the hassle was

Aberdeen 0.3 

Hibs 0.09

Legend. Cheers. Our xG and Hibs heavily weighted by the pen and tap in from the rebound (I think, not seen the highlights so going off what I remember) I'd imagine