Aberdeen v Hibernian

Just watching the highlights now. While it's very, very funny, that's a terrible decision to award Aberdeen's penalty.

Really naive from the officials. It's an obvious case of the attacker knocking his foot against the keeper and inventing a foul. Should be a booking. Becoming really common across loads of leagues, amazed refs still fall for it. Celtic's penalty against Hearts in the 2019 cup final is a classic of the genre.

Duk also had a shocker of a dive right before Aberdeen's goal at Ibrox. That one was laughable. One for the officials to keep an eye on, like Porteous and Boyle.

Edited by VincentGuerin

4 hours ago, printer said:

New Dawn Fades for me.

A cheery little dirty.

Shadowplay or atmosphere for me! 

Strange season continues. Scoring a shed load at pittodrie but fairly useless on the road. 

If we can sort the away form could be a decent side. 

Edited by Merkie84
Forgot belter at a song

Hibs put up a spirited plucky underdog show for 20 mins or so in the first half before our superior quality took over and they only had one and a half chances to show for it. 

I guess the penalty was debatable but it was a stupid lunge from the keeper. Playing for a foul and making the most of a foul doesn't mean it wasn't a foul.  Far less of a dive than porto's effort 10 minutes in. 

It's like these c***s never heard of karma. 

43 minutes ago, Zing. said:

It’s almost as if all teams have players that dive or “make the most of the contact”, who’d have thought it? Makes the outrage against Porteous look quite silly.

I mentioned on our thread before about teams Saints would benefit from having VAR against. Hibs, Aberdeen and both bigots were my choices. Mainly because you are all cheating b*****ds, all in the same simulating, diving, hacking boat you c***s.

Anyway, carry on cuntos.

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

That Hibs performance reminded me of our season last year. 

More if the ball, pretty passing but toothless upfront. 

Just remembered we had the best chance of the first half when Duk had a shout cleared off the line too.

It’s definitely an issue. 18 goals in 14 league games so far, in comparison Aberdeen have scored 27 in 13.

Without Boyle playing there’s nobody in an attacking position that will try to run in behind defences. I thought Hibs were good in the first half but the entire game was played in front of the Aberdeen defence. Nice build up play that eventually ended up with the ball being floated in towards big Myko in the hope he would win a header.

Despite their bloated squad Hibs lack penetration up front. Their over reaction to the porteous comment is because they know without penalties and red cards they aren't winning enough games. VAR has messed up that strategy for them.

Edited by Don exotic
Typo