Aberdeen v Hibernian

Great result. Makes up a little for the Ibrox debacle over the weekend.

First half I thought Hibs were the better team and deserved to be a goal ahead. Duk reminiscent of Peter Pawlett for the penalty award. He was quiet today.

Second Half Hibs just fell apart. Defensively really poor. Miovski was completely unmarked for his second - he ran off the goalie - really clever strikers goal. Was surprised to learn that Hibs (statistically) have the third best defence in the league. Hanlon lacks pace these days. Bushiri is a unit but doesn't read the game well. Porteous is a decent player but he makes a lot poor decisions and is liable to make calamity error. I like the Ukraine lad up front. He looks to be a find. 3 goals in 3 matches.

Overall I don't think Aberdeen were terribly great. Stats show Hibs had double the shots at goal (mainly long shots) compared to Aberdeen. A clinical performance from us.

There were no stand out performances for me. The lack of height in the middle is concerning. Lost count of the amount of headers we lost. Barron has been frustrating to watch lately - keeps giving possession away and lacks presence in the middle. Hopefully he'll kick on after the world cup.

We've scored 4 goals on 3 separate occasions and we beat Livingston by 5 goals. It's not by fluke. Just wish we could improve on away results.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

2 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

😂 Was this with the current news in mind, or does he always do it?

It is his first goal for us, so I'm not 100% sure. But I now hope that we get into Europe, draw a Serbian team, and he scores against them away from home. 

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Great result. Makes up a little for the Ibrox debacle over the weekend.

First half I thought Hibs were the better team and deserved to be a goal ahead. Duk reminiscent of Peter Pawlett for the penalty award. He was quiet today.

Second Half Hibs just fell apart. Defensively really poor. Miovski was completely unmarked for his second - he ran off the goalie - really clever strikers goal. Was surprised to learn that Hibs (statistically) have the third best defence in the league. Hanlon lacks pace these days. Bushiri is a unit but doesn't read the game well. Porteous is a decent player but he makes a lot poor decisions and is liable to make calamity error. I like the Ukraine lad up front. He looks to be a find. 3 goals in 3 matches.

Overall I don't think Aberdeen were terribly great. Stats show Hibs had double the shots at goal (mainly long shots) compared to Aberdeen. A clinical performance from us.

There were no stand out performances for me. The lack of height in the middle is concerning. Lost count of the amount of headers we lost. Barron has been frustrating to watch lately - keeps giving possession away and lacks presence in the middle. Hopefully he'll kick on after the world cup.

We've scored 4 goals on 3 separate occasions and we beat Livingston by 5 goals. It's not by fluke. Just wish we could improve on away results.

Did Hibs have any chances in the first half? Good football up until the edge of the box, then a wing back played it in to an isolated forward.

Lee Johnson started off well, then made a c**t of himself.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Lee Johnson is a diddy. 

Just to add to this he also has extremely shite taste in coats. The collar on that thing tonight was an abomination which only adds to the shocker he wore at Parkhead for our last scudding.

22 minutes ago, ShadyLane said:

I'm quite new here. That Leith Green guy is some laugh eh?

He is an oddball

Very very angry man. I think he might have completed his breakdown tonight.

Jim Goodwin lives rent free in his head with his 12 brain cells

Edited by afc_blockhead