Aberdeen v Hibernian

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Half time entertainment watching 6 stewards struggle to throw out one mad Hibby.

Better than the football.

Ps. f**k VAR 

Saw the 6 stewards taking the hibs fan out but what happened, Couldn’t see f**k all from my seat :lol: 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Questionable penalty.

Looked to me like Duk was already in the way down before any contact with Marshall happened?

But… how stupid is Marshall? He knows there’s VAR, and still comes a foot off his line at the penalty. Daft.

Dons lucky to be ahead and 3 at the back ain’t working.  Needs to change it. 

It's natural for keepers to come off their line at pens, quite surprised you haven't seen this happen before.......

Personally I don't think its was a penalty however it balances out Portoeus' dive early this season at Easter Road. 

This formation is not working. It's been all Hibs who rightly can feel aggrieved after dominating much of that half.

The midfield has been completely anonymous. We lack height throughout the squad. 

Whether it’s a penalty or not is utterly irrelevant. The entire point is that it is subjective. The laws of the game are subjective. They cannot be ruled objectively. VAR simply passes the buck onto somebody else who makes a decision that still pisses many people off. The only thing we know VAR does for sure is take the joy of celebrating a goal away. Nothing else is a certainty.

Say, hypothetically, we were playing without VAR tonight and Duk dived, the ref bought it and Aberdeen scored the penalty. I’d feel much less annoyed about it than I do right now. And that’s not saying Duk’s dived here, it’s just that there’s no such thing as a right decision in football, so why have we sacrificed one of its greatest elements for 8 minutes of standing around?

Just now, Leith Green said:

It's natural for keepers to come off their line at pens, quite surprised you haven't seen this happen before.......

Good keepers have adapted very quickly and have new techniques to save penalties. Top goalkeepers are dragging a foot behind the line. Surprised Marshall hasn't practiced it since he has been playing in Scotland games with VAR involved.