Aberdeen v Hibernian

Thought we played well in that first half, shame how it ended.

I'm generally fairly pro-VAR but that was a poor use, not just for the outcome but for the time it took. 

I'd suggest they just go straight to the monitor straight in most situations where the VAR person gets in communication, or perhaps have the 4th official go on with an iPad to speed it up.

That said that's a real point against it if despite its use and the delays it causes the wrong decisions are still being made. At first I thought it might be a penalty but once they started showing the contact it was fairly clear he was diving from the beginning, unless it's felt that David Marshall's sliding knee had all the destructive force of an atomic bomb.

Regardless, an enjoyable game thus far. 

Questionable penalty.

Looked to me like Duk was already in the way down before any contact with Marshall happened?

But… how stupid is Marshall? He knows there’s VAR, and still comes a foot off his line at the penalty. Daft.

Dons lucky to be ahead and 3 at the back ain’t working.  Needs to change it. 

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I absolutely despise VAR, gone through about 6 minutes of football without having a clue what was going on. Get it so far in the bin. It's benefited Aberdeen today but if this is how we have to win a game of football, it can f**k off. It's shite. f**k it. 

Took a while, but we've found an Aberdeen fan with more than one brain cell.

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I absolutely despise VAR, gone through about 6 minutes of football without having a clue what was going on. Get it so far in the bin. It's benefited Aberdeen today but if this is how we have to win a game of football, it can f**k off. It's shite. f**k it. 

As soon as it was established Duk was inside, VAR should say to ref, have a look at TV. Saved 2-3 minutes of nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Thing is, because he's banned we won't hear what the p***k has to say, but if his press duties later in the week say anything other than "it was fortunate" then Goodwin has just marked himself out as a complete twat.

Raging at goodwin? 

You need to calm down Leith boy.