St Johnstone v Rangers, Sunday 6th November 12pm

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

If you have good defenders on the park, you can trust them to do their jobs and it allows you to include more guys like Wotherspoon, Carey , May and Clark, especially when they all bring a work ethic.

Rangers obviously had all of the ball but you have to be honest and say the fact we survived 29 shots with Elliot Parish in goals tells you all you need to know about the quality of them. He made one very good save from the Tavernier header but was only called into proper action once before that, getting down to a low shot (that he actually spilled round the post) in the first half. Everything else was straight at him (even the goal) or high, wide and not very pretty, the Lundstram one that hit the bar apart. But you are always happy to let teams have a dig from that distance.

Mitchell back in the centre was a colossus and totally snuffed Colak out. Considine has been an excellent signing. Hardest Carey has worked and he has no excuse for not bringing that every week now. What a joy to see Wotherspoon back and he's surely going to Qatar in a few weeks. What a moment that will be.

Another couple of points minimum on the total before the break would be a very decent return, however they've been accumulated.

Might be controversial but for me Gordon doesn't start. Those 3 are our best back 3. Gordon is a very good defender but I think Mitchell works better with Considine and McGowan as it allows McGowan to step out the with the ball. Mitchell doesn't do that nearly as well at RCB.

Edited by Broon_100

I get torn between giving the manager praise for getting such good performances out of May this season against the feeling that how could it take so long to realise May is, and always has been, a far far better player when having a target man type striker alongside him.  Something most Saints fans knew years ago.

I felt the same with Hendry. He was on brilliant goalscoring form at the end of 2019-20, then when Davidson took over we wasted him for over a year messing about with 3 across the front and trying to turn him into a defensive forward , before he once again hit the goal trail when allowed to do what he was good at in his final 3-4 months.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I get torn between giving the manager praise for getting such good performances out of May this season against the feeling that how could it take so long to realise May is, and always has been, a far far better player when having a target man type striker alongside him.  Something most Saints fans knew years ago.

I felt the same with Hendry. He was on brilliant goalscoring form at the end of 2019-20, then when Davidson took over we wasted him for over a year messing about with 3 across the front and trying to turn him into a defensive forward , before he once again hit the goal trail when allowed to do what he was good at in his final 3-4 months.

You also need to say that the strikers coach is his former strike partner. Who should know Mays strengths and weaknesses.......

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Arnold is a better story.

If you're into underwear theft. Try Point Me at the Sky, from the days when 2005 was way way way into the SF future.  And it has Eugene on both sides in different songs - where's yer Major Toms now? 

And if you survive till two thousand and five
I hope you're exceedingly thin
For if you are stout you will have to breathe out
So the man next to you can breathe in (breathe in, breathe in, breathe in)