St Johnstone v Rangers, Sunday 6th November 12pm

2 minutes ago, ConcernedReferee said:

Don't St Johnstone have a past history of consigning opposition managers to unemployment after a visit to Perth? I could see it being the end for Van Bronkhorst now, well played lads. 

A couple of Celtic bosses I think. Brady definitely.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Think the Gio reign has run its course now with a big clear out required. His style just doesn’t suit us, the constant backwards recycling of possession just to keep a hold of the ball holds us back and we don’t have any impetus or penetration.

Do it now and give someone new the World Cup break to get to work.

To play devil's advocate, nine weeks ago he put you in CL, and he's five months removed from taking you to the EL final and winning the Scottish Cup.

Granted, the CL campaign didn't go well, but he still got you there and the £40 million (or whatever).

You'd basically be chucking a guy for three bad domestic games (Celtic, Livingston, SJ), one of which was a tie. Otherwise, he may have been better off losing in CL qualifying and having success in EL.

Not sure what his buyout is, but you may want to give him the WC break and January transfer window.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Too early for the next manager thread?

They wanted GVB,  they got GVB, now they want rid of GVB for the next saviour.

They are almost like Tories...no, wait...

eta    oops, nearly forgot. well done St J, the only J in senior football.

Edited by cyderspaceman

I mean, if only the £20million striker they had on the bench came on and did something...

In all seriousness, Gio is a very likeable character who may well have a top career in management and the knuckledragging mouthbreathers will be calling for his head - but it's the utter shitebags in the Rangers squad they should be aiming their anger at. Doesn't matter if you have a group of technically superior players on the park but if they can't match the fight and spirit the opposing team sitting in has, yer fucked.

That's enough of that. GIRUY bigotted twats.

2 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I mean, if only the £20million striker they had on the bench came on and did something...

In all seriousness, Gio is a very likeable character who may well have a top career in management and the knuckledragging mouthbreathers will be calling for his head - but it's the utter shitebags in the Rangers squad they should be aiming their anger at. Doesn't matter if you have a group of technically superior players on the park but if they can't match the fight and spirit the opposing team sitting in has, yer fucked.

Eloquently expressed. Think I can get on board with that.

3 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

How did you manage to watch the game without a telly?

11 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Eloquently expressed. Think I can get on board with that.

Completely off topic, sorry,  but I loved "Arnold Layne" in the 60s,  and have recently 're-discovered' it.

It's a brilliant song and tune.    Good ol' Syd.     :offtopic

Edited by cyderspaceman