St Johnstone v Rangers, Sunday 6th November 12pm

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

When I stayed in Glasgow for a short time as a teen they tried to call my chavvy, as in chavvy teuchter. Not because of my dress sense (I was wearing Armani while those peasants had Joe bloggs on) but because I said shit like dinnae. It did help me to pronounce things better I suppose and to this day I still despise that nasal weegie twang. Still have some good friends from those days and once every so often they'll come out with the chavvy patter......amazing but.

Glasgow folk saying chavs rather than neds?

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

When I stayed in Glasgow for a short time as a teen they tried to call my chavvy, as in chavvy teuchter. Not because of my dress sense (I was wearing Armani while those peasants had Joe bloggs on) but because I said shit like dinnae. It did help me to pronounce things better I suppose and to this day I still despise that nasal weegie twang. Still have some good friends from those days and once every so often they'll come out with the chavvy patter......amazing but.

I'm not sure they were using "chavvy" in that sense - I have only ever heard it used almost as a term of endearment toward a mate - think how some English people will say "alright chap, hows it going" or whatever.

It was definitely used in parts of Edinburgh that way, although its dropped out of common use.

I had never actually heard it as a negative term until my sister moved to England, and they certainly use "chavvy" in the way I might use "schemie" if I was describing the wee radges that set fire to your car in Wester Hailes.

3 points today and it will be bye bye gio

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Never heard 'chavvy' in Glasgow. Are you sure you weren't watching Green Street after some all nighter rave?

I think anyone in the "Ken Zone" gets labelled a teuchter by some Glaswegians.

Chav was used in the 90s by folk from the north of England to describe the sorts of characters that the west of Scotland describe as neds. It's never been a Glasgow term as far as I'm aware. 

Anyway ... I think Saints might well chuck a few curveballs out today in terms of personnel. 5-3-2 probably but there might be a couple rested with an eye on the 2 games next week and/or giving players the opportunity to shine. Makes the Wotherspoon conundrum interesting. He's probably still a wee bit too early for a start but he's running out of world cup games. On balance I think he'll start but that might mean dropping Carey as I can't see Hallberg missing out and McGowan is the only viable holding midfield option. In an ideal world we'd find a way to have Spoony and Carey on the park at the same time but ain't gonna happen. 

Brown needs to GTF from the LWB slot and it would be good to have an option on the other side, Wright's been poor after a decent enough start although he was better second half against Killie. 

Expect something like this but could see any of Gallagher, Carey, Phillips, McLennan or even Wee Max appearing and if they don't start that's the subs I expect to see between 65 and 80 minutes. 

Remi

Wright  Mitchell Gordon Consi Monty

Hallberg McGowan Wotherspoon 

Clark      May

CD does have the habit of vomiting up a 5-2-3 on occasion when he thinks we're not quite eyebleeding enough, so he might push spoony / carey further up, dragging the front line back 10 yards and creating yet more crimes against football. 

Parish. Oh god.

Assuming there's no change in change in shape and Brown and Montgomery are WB with McGowan dropping back. Could be a 4-4-2 with Carey and Wotherspoon wide though. Ballsy midfield if it's a three.

Edited by nelsjfc

We saw last season how it panned out with Parish in goals, so why not just play Sinclair if you’ve recalled him? I know he played yesterday, but he’s actually got game time behind him this season.  

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

We saw last season how it panned out with Parish in goals, so why not just play Sinclair if you’ve recalled him? I know he played yesterday, but he’s actually got game time behind him this season.  

Played yesterday and Montrose are saying it’s a short term return. I’m guessing they don’t want to burn him out and Matthews might be back by Motherwell? 

I hope. 

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

This is dreadful. Rangers with 7 corners and 10 attempts in the first 12 minutes. 

If this isn’t clear evidence that these players are getting stifled by our negative manager, I don’t know what is.

Sit in, soak it up and score on the break.

It works against Rangers.