St Johnstone v Rangers, Sunday 6th November 12pm

Long overdue a league win against either  side of the OF.

Think it’s no wins in 28 league matches against the two of them since we won 3-1 at ibrox in December 2017. Goals from Saints legends Denny Johnstone, Blair Alston and Graham Cummins that day.  5 draws in those 28 matches which is more than it feels.

We’ll be stuffy and keep it tight, score to either go ahead or equalise before ultimately losing 2-1. We’ll all say we did okay, these aren’t the games our season depends upon etc etc, move onto Paisley in midweek. 

Last month’s celtic game was also a 12pm ish kick off and I thought their fans were a bit subdued, possibly less time to get pissed beforehand? The Saints lads at the scoreboard end with the drum did a fine job drowning out their shite from the East Stand, which made it a far more bearable occasion. More of the same this week please.

Rangers fans aren’t exactly happy with Gio and if he fails to get something here it could go to shit quite quick for him. 

we’re playing not the best but are grinding out results - I’m hopeful we can get something here. 

1-1

2 - 2 

The team is basically a mess right now, a lack of confidence, injuries galore and a manager who can't get a settled team.

St Johnstone will have a field day with King and Sands.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

2 - 2 

The team is basically a mess right now, a lack of confidence, injuries galore and a manager who can't get a settled team.

Is Davidson smart enough to start the weak links/players low on confidence though? He usually sets up the same way and pretty much same gameplan in and out of possession no matter the opponent.

While never easy as Rangers players are better its great chance for Saints in the first 5-10 mins to "ruffle a few feathers" and significantly press a few of the nervy ones in their own half.  That kind of thing can deepen the doubts and panic the likes of a nervy King. It can make them think twice about taking a touch etc. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

6 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

While never easy as Rangers players are better its great chance for Saints in the first 5-10 mins to "ruffle a few feathers" and significantly press a few of the nervy ones in their own half.  That kind of thing can deepen the doubts and panic the likes of a nervy King. It can make them think twice about taking a touch etc. 

Odds on us being 1-0 down within the first 5 minutes?

8 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is Davidson smart enough to start the weak links/players low on confidence though? He usually sets up the same way and pretty much same gameplan in and out of possession no matter the opponent.

Sounds exactly what Aberdeen were saying before Saturday. Good luck to you though.

Rangers will grind out a perfectly turgid 3-1 win and all the talk will be about how they’re “back on track” just like they apparently were after swatting Aberdeen aside last week. Until they played a genuinely decent side a few days later and all of a sudden they weren’t again. 

10 hours ago, bennett said:

2 - 2 

STFU :lol:

Is this how you get attempt to bring any 'excitement' to the fixture? 

It'll comfortably be 0-3. Probably by half time :(

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Sounds exactly what Aberdeen were saying before Saturday. Good luck to you though.

Aye , Goodwin made the mistake of believing his own hype, talking their chances up, tried to go toe to toe, and ended up lucky not to lose by double figures.

We would still set up with 5 at the back with a defensive midfielder sitting just in front if we were playing an under 16 team in a charity match.

Chances are it’ll be a fairly routine rangers win, but it won’t be through us naively going for it, and I’ll be surprised if it’s a complete humping like Aberdeen took last Saturday*…

* might delete come Sunday afternoon

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like theres a chance i make this, would be just my 3rd game of the season (0-0 v Annan, 0-0 v County), so lump on a 0-0 draw.

And of those games, this is by far and away the least appealing. 

If we can maybe go into half time at 0-0, the away fans will be howling, which makes for a tense 2nd half. Maybe get the Jackie McNamara suite ready for Gio come 3pm

Edited by Theyellowbox

From what I’ve heard at Kasabian tonight, St. Johnstone win, acccording to a lot of weegies. Regardless, 3 steak and chorizo pies please. Much needed. 

As an aside, is Perth teuchter-ville to the Glasgow lot?

Edited by PSJ.84

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

From what I’ve heard at Kasabian tonight, St. Johnstone win, acccording to a lot of weegies. Regardless, 3 steak and chorizo pies please. Much needed. 

As an aside, is Perth teuchter-ville to the Glasgow lot?

When I stayed in Glasgow for a short time as a teen they tried to call my chavvy, as in chavvy teuchter. Not because of my dress sense (I was wearing Armani while those peasants had Joe bloggs on) but because I said shit like dinnae. It did help me to pronounce things better I suppose and to this day I still despise that nasal weegie twang. Still have some good friends from those days and once every so often they'll come out with the chavvy patter......amazing but.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

When I stayed in Glasgow for a short time as a teen they tried to call my chavvy, as in chavvy teuchter. Not because of my dress sense (I was wearing Armani while those peasants had Joe bloggs on) but because I said shit like dinnae. It did help me to pronounce things better I suppose and to this day I still despise that nasal weegie twang. Still have some good friends from those days and once every so often they'll come out with the chavvy patter......amazing but.

Aye - it was the accent for my pals and I. Wouldn’t have said I’ve got a particular teuchter accent, but there we are. When I said I was from Perth, it was confirmed that I was a certified teuchter. If they think Perth is teuchter, it’s probably just as well I didn’t mention Coupar Angus, Meigle etc. 

On 02/11/2022 at 20:02, Theyellowbox said:

And of those games, this is by far and away the least appealing. 

Im now no longer, so theres that.

A feeling we'll see McLennan starting this.