Friday night fever: Cove vs Queen's Park

I'm thoroughly in favour of all this lovely passing, but someone needs to remind the players they're allowed to shoot as well.

Poor defending and no real threat cost us tonight. We didn't deserve anything from that, very disappointing.

Cove absolutely deserved that. They took their chances, we fannied about with zero cutting edge. Kudos to Murray and McPake for trying to make something happen, but he needed help. Cut out the fancy touches, take a man on and get a shot away. 

Hopefully Eze isnt too concussed, looked a sore one.

That’s twice I’ve properly seen Eze now and I fail to see how he still gets a game for QP. Lee Kilday looked to be heading to the juniors a couple of years back but actually looks a pretty steady option for them at the back. They have a lot of nice footballers in Boateng, Thomson, Savoury and Jarrett but really lack a cutting edge that turns all those nice passes into chances and goals.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Decent game.

Cove look significantly better than they did early season.

Lee Kilday is still class.

And somebody needs to tell QP there are no points for artistic impression in the sport of football.

Well thats as maybe Ghost...but I think we all saw who played the better football....alas no "cutting edge"....despite Simon Murray

i'm a happy chappie.

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s twice I’ve properly seen Eze now and I fail to see how he still gets a game for QP. Lee Kilday looked to be heading to the juniors a couple of years back but actually looks a pretty steady option for them at the back. They have a lot of nice footballers in Boateng, Thomson, Savoury and Jarrett but really lack a cutting edge that turns all those nice passes into chances and goals.

My thinking exactly 

I’ve lost hope in Eze. We all know he was Coyle’s man as they worked together in India but there’s been far too many games where he’s been found wanting. He’s had two or three games where he was 9/10 but most of the others, you’d be giving 2 or 3/10. For a massive guy in height, the amount of times he loses a header is mental. Poor positional sense and the fear I get when someone is running at him 1 v 1 is horrifying. I don’t buy Coyle’s excuse that he’s still not 100% in match sharpness. He’s had plenty of games now 

Thankfully we have Charlie Fox back from injury, where’s he’s been out the last 2 months. Easily the best defender at the club, terrific player. Should be a simple straight swap but I’m convinced the excellent Lee Kilday will be the victim in Fox’s return so Coyle can prove a point on Eze 

Jack Thomson for me has been my player of the year so far and tonight I thought he was excellent again. I honestly feel like teams will be after him next summer, he’s got it all. It just didn’t click in the final third unfortunately but these games happen. 

Unless Eze is dropped, that could be the difference in us finishing in the top 4 or finishing somewhere like 7th or even 8th. 

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Just dispatch these two jumped up, nonsense outfits straight to their regional pub leagues. 

Bit harsh VT.

Personally...I thought Willie Haughey FC gave a good account of themselves...........until Owen Coyle did his interview.

Goodnight.

Thought we were deserved winners tonight. Created numerous chances in the first half and could have easily gone into the break two goals up. The clean sheet was very satisfying, just out 3rd in 14 games.

There's definitely a change happening with Longstaff. I still think he's got more to give and he needs to continue to produce regularly. His delivery for the first was on point (with his weaker foot), he should have scored when one on one with Ferry and his cross for Fyvie's header that hit the bar was excellent. Also showed some nice touches and links well with Max Johnston who looks a quality loan signing. Was up and down the wing all night supporting/overlapping Luis.

Can't believe the turnaround in Scully's finishing. Always a player that gave everything and could run all day but now adding goals. Gerry can hold the ball but can't jump. Don't think he won a single header. Is bringing others into play so adds something.

Stu clean sheet will cement his place back in the side.

Fyvie coming back is a boost. Once we swap Reynolds for Kyle McClelland that will be us at full strength imo.

Spiders definitely move the ball well but as others said were lacking in the final third tonight. Jarrett should have done better with his chance in the first half. Eze is no Fox, who I think is one of the best CB's in the league.

Edited by CoveRangers1922