Friday night fever: Cove vs Queen's Park

Just now, Tattie36 said:

This is absolutely not a dig at Cove because I completely understand their predicament and how difficult it is for them to attract fans, but there can’t be more than 300 paying fans there tonight. Just shows how many Balmoral regulars are Dons fans. It was the same when we played them there a few weeks ago, Dons we’re at home that day too and there were more of us than them.

Aye I was going to post the same. We played them on a filthy December afternoon last season when the Dons were also at home, and I counted just over 200 folk there. The majority were in hospitality and the wee stand too.

You're never going to have a Dumbarton fan criticising another club's crowds - but in an area the size of Aberdeen and with a team that's enjoyed a lot of success in recent years, it's really odd that they haven't managed to build up much of a following.

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye I was going to post the same. We played them on a filthy December afternoon last season when the Dons were also at home, and I counted just over 200 folk there. The majority were in hospitality and the wee stand too.

You're never going to have a Dumbarton fan criticising another club's crowds - but in an area the size of Aberdeen and with a team that's enjoyed a lot of success in recent years, it's really odd that they haven't managed to build up much of a following.

It’s been discussed before. Essentially Aberdeen is a one club city and it’ll take man, many years of success to break into that. When Cove get decent crowds it’s always when Aberdeen are away from home. The only guys I know (I live in Aberdeen) who go to Cove games are Dons fans with a passing interest. Ironically I think that if Cove got promoted to the Premier in the next few years then then their crowds would possibly go down as Dons fans would likely stop going.

There is also a huge amount of Aberdonians that will never support a team with Rangers in their name, a blue kit and a lion badge. All a bit “staunch”. I said before that they should have changed their name and branding when they got in the league, massive missed opportunity imo.

Edited by Tattie36

It’s been discussed before. Essentially Aberdeen is a one club city and it’ll take man, many years of success to break into that. When Cove get decent crowds it’s always when Aberdeen are away from home. The only guys I know (I live in Aberdeen) who go to Cove games are Dons fans with a passing interest. Ironically I think that if Cove got promoted to the Premier in the next few years then then their crowds would possibly go down as Dons fans would likely stop going.
There is also a huge amount of Aberdonians that will never support a team with Rangers in their name, a blue kit and a lion badge. All a bit “staunch”. I said before that they should have changed their name and branding when they got in the league, massive missed opportunity imo.

This kit's a belter tbf

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
7 minutes ago, virginton said:
Just dispatch these two jumped up, nonsense outfits straight to their regional pub leagues. 

Would this be instead of the usual relegation spot(s)?

You wish 😜

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I take it I completely imagined last year's SPFL Trust Trophy semi Final? That's twice so far the BBC have been determined to insist this was the first ever live tv game at Cove. Not only is it wrong, it's not even the first time they've been live on the BBC!

The challenge cup isn't a real competition,  it like claiming a training match was recorded, nobody cares. 

1 minute ago, Skeletar Spider said:

I know what you're getting at, but why would being tall make you good at jumping?

Have yet to see what he offers. Had assumed he could jump. Every time I see him all he seems to do is put his hands up asking (I assume) why someone else hasnt dealt with something. Have tried so hard to like him.