Friday night fever: Cove vs Queen's Park

23 hours ago, placidcasual said:

They've a cheek moaning. They took about 20 to Ayr on a Saturday afternoon match when a win would have taken them top.

They might have gone in the home end by mistake? 

On 02/11/2022 at 07:08, Hampden Diehard said:

Agree. I think two up front works for us. Cove will score; we need to score too (two!).

Despite how well we’ve done this season can’t trust this defence not to concede. The fact is that we’re almost into Christmas and we’ve only kept 4 clean sheets in all competitions and it’s mostly defensive mistakes were conceding. Surely we sort this out sooner or later otherwise we’re in for a long season

As for playing with a front 2 it’s definitely worked for us at times this season but I’d stick with the 4-5-1 Tomorrow. Definitely switch it up if we’re not playing well offensively but we need some consistency with the lineup since we did so well with it against Dundee and Thistle  

26 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Okay...enjoy the game. I quite enjoy the Friday night TV games.

Yeah especially since this is our first time on the Tv but I think I can represent all Queens fans in saying we’ve gotten a bit frustrated with the Friday night games happening every other week 

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove number 1 Stuart McKenzie back in between the sticks for the first time this league campaign. That will appease many a Cove fan.

Fyvie starts on the bench in an otherwise unchanged lineup from the previous 2 weeks. 4-4-2 again

Screenshot_2022-11-04-18-52-49-23_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Looks like we’re sticking to the 4-5-1. Only one change for us with Thomas replaced by Savoury. Great to see Charlie Fox is back with the squad.3C667189-547B-4646-AEB2-A1DD2B16D00D.thumb.png.3a6f5b6a035ac63b8f7d7b552645f979.png

That lineup is exactly what I was hoping to see with Thomas suspended; assuming it'll be McPake on the left, Savoury on the right, and Jarrett playing behind Murray.

Fantastic to see Charlie Fox back even if it's just as a substitute as well. Not sure if he's likely to make an appearance tonight or not, but we've really missed him.

The idea that Luis Longstaff is starting against us in a Championship fixture still blows my mind.

He actually had a brilliant game against us a few weeks ago. I remember a lot of Queens Park fans laughing when he signed so it took my by surprise just how good he looked. Probably a one off type of game tbh.

He actually had a brilliant game against us a few weeks ago. I remember a lot of Queens Park fans laughing when he signed so it took my by surprise just how good he looked. Probably a one off type of game tbh.

And just like that he puts a quality cross in for the goal.

This is absolutely not a dig at Cove because I completely understand their predicament and how difficult it is for them to attract fans, but there can’t be more than 300 paying fans there tonight. Just shows how many Balmoral regulars are Dons fans. It was the same when we played them there a few weeks ago, Dons we’re at home that day too and there were probably more of us than them.

Edited by Tattie36